Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4728834 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Life is good
« Reply #8370 on: October 11, 2012, 07:49:08 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that about your Mom Pappy.  You guys are in our prayers.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #8371 on: October 11, 2012, 11:33:54 pm »
Mark, Joanie and family, 
My heart grieves deeply for what you are going thru. When we are children, we believe our parents are indestructible. As we mature, we can see the cracks in that theory. We always hope and pray they will be with us forever. And to know you have just a block of time is so bittersweet. And yet, God Is Good, because he's given each of you extra moments to say those things you feel. To take the time to touch, and love and know each others shared thoughts. That is a Blessing from Him. Your Mom has had a long life and raised such a wonderful family. It's her time to be given the "prize" so to speak, for the work and love she applied to each of you. As a nurse, I have listened to the hearts of many older folks, close to death. They usually always speak of being "tired and ready", I think that is the Lord, giving them the ability to "let go" and help each of you accept the future without them. The empty spot she will leave, will be painful for a long time. But one day, out of the blue, you'll have a memory that brings you sheer joy and laughter and you will know at that moment, that she is well and truly happy. Until then, give her all the love you can, while you can, let her talk of her plans and worries and thoughts.
I love you and Joanie, please know that I mourn for each of you.
Prayers for strength and Grace from Our Lord to get thru this dark time.

Tomi   

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8372 on: October 12, 2012, 05:57:28 am »
Thanks Guys,Tomi that was beautiful,thanks,love you also. He was holding her own yesterday,weak but very alert. :) We are trying to go about our normal life the best we can.She goes back to the Doctor today for a blood test and that will tell the story if the pills are doing any good and may slow things a bit. I plan on visiting today and then going to the cabin as usual.It is only 3 miles from her and with all the visitors she is having I am just in the way.We have some very special time together when it is only me. :) We went yesterday and then Beau and I decided to go to the woods,good place to get you head together. :) It worked out for Beau and gave me a while to get it off my mind.He killed a nice 9 point 159 lbs.
with his Black Widow and old yellow bear head. Short track and gave me some time to talk with him. Tomi is right we all think our love ones will be here forever and as I have gotten older I found out that ant true. Life is short at best so enjoy.
Life is Good.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #8373 on: October 12, 2012, 02:33:22 pm »
I just read this news, Pappy.  I will tell Angie today and we will pray for your family.

Thank the Lord for strong mothers.  Without them, what would we be?

I'll be thinking of you all.

Stephen
1’—>1’

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #8374 on: October 12, 2012, 08:31:39 pm »
Sorry to hear the news about your mom,your family is in my prayers.
john 3:16

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8375 on: October 13, 2012, 12:11:12 pm »
Pappy, Please know that you and your loved ones are all in our prayers through this rough time. Tomi could not have said it better, and there is hope for those who believe that this is the short life and the best is yet to come.  As when Lulyn's parents both passed a few years ago, it is a process of letting go. However the knowledge of the receiving the ultimate healing is worth holding on to. You are all in our thoughts and prayers and if we can help in any way we are here for you.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #8376 on: October 14, 2012, 07:45:26 pm »
Pappy, it's been awhile, but when I read about your Mom I felt so bad for you, Donna and I send prayers for you and your Mom.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #8377 on: October 15, 2012, 02:20:32 am »
Pappy, you have mine and Schuy's prayers, also.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8378 on: October 15, 2012, 06:30:19 am »
Thanks so much guys,it really means a lot,she has actually been a little better the last couple of days,they doubled the Chemo pills and it brought her white blood cells down,the doctor can't figure it out. ;) If they can get that under control and a few other issues who know, always try to have hope. Spent a lot of time with her
this weekend and also some time at the Cabin,her house was full most of the weekend so I just stayed out of the way the best I could.she had 14 brothers and sisters and has lived there all her life,so you can imagine. :) Done a little hunting and some bow work around the shop.Had several friends down also.
Here are a few pictures of the happenings. First Beau's buck 9 point 158 lbs.he killed Thursday then my Osage in the works,got it out to 46@25,almost finished tillering. :)
       Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8379 on: October 15, 2012, 06:35:22 am »
My Osage of the form,looking nice so far. Little picking to sooth the soul Friday night. Art makes it in Sat. as usual,he is doing much better after his heart surgery.
Kevin showing off his Osage bow that he finely finished up,shoots very nice. Jon still at the knife work. He say a man can't have to many knives. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:59:41 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8380 on: October 15, 2012, 06:39:39 am »
Will's tip overlays on his Yew bow,looking good so far ,but Just wait. ;) ;D ;D Some of GregB 's knife and leather work. Me working on the tiller of my Osage and Will's yew on the tiller tree. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8381 on: October 15, 2012, 06:44:27 am »
Will wasn't smiling inside.  :) If you ant breaking um you ant making um. Per Jawges. ;) ;D Very nasty break at about 27/28. Then Jon and I laying  and cutting out his new bow,[Sea Grape] from Parnell through Eddie. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:01:12 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8382 on: October 15, 2012, 06:48:45 am »
Me and Sweet pea,she always makes my day brighter. :) :) Then some family fun around the fire and wound up the day with Homemade Ice cream from Greg/Kevin and Will,good stuff. Thanks again for all you thoughts and prayers they are appreciated more than you know.Life is Good.  :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:02:35 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8383 on: October 15, 2012, 08:51:47 am »
Thanks for sharing Pappy !!
Still praying for y'all !
My mother in law had emergency heart surgery Fri eve. so far so good !
Take care !
Life is good !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline mscott

« Reply #8384 on: October 15, 2012, 06:26:32 pm »
Hi Mark, I've been offline for awhile. I'm sorry to hear about your mom.
Thoughts and Prayers!
If you need anything call me.
|)
|) () \/\/  /\/\ /-\ |\/  /\/\|KE