Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4826539 times)

Offline GlennM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #8310 on: September 25, 2012, 08:37:27 am »
What a great event!  Even better to see a kid win the trad division. Happy anniversary Jon!

Glenn

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #8311 on: September 25, 2012, 10:16:02 am »
Updated pics up in the trophy room on Twin Oaks Site.

http://twinoaksbowhunters.wordpress.com/trophy-room/

Offline BearG

« Reply #8312 on: September 25, 2012, 11:09:54 am »
Good for the boy.
Man wish I could have still been there to have a cold one with you over your deer.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #8313 on: September 25, 2012, 11:36:42 am »
Nice deer Pappy, and thanks again for the weekend.  BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8314 on: September 25, 2012, 01:54:29 pm »
Congratulations to everybody, and especially to Hunter. That cooler looks real good with them all stacked up in there, I can't wait to get back up and see everybody. Dan and Bear, glad you made it home safe.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline seabass

« Reply #8315 on: September 25, 2012, 02:55:45 pm »
congrats to all you fine folks down there.looks like you guys are doing fine.i'm heading out to Davids place in the morning for five days.i hope i do as well as you guys.see you in the spring.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8316 on: September 25, 2012, 03:30:37 pm »
No deer to show for my time hunting, but I did see some really nice mornings.

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8317 on: September 25, 2012, 06:20:42 pm »
Congrats to Hunter for top honors!  Look likes another fun time at Twin Oaks!  Pappy, that shirt sure looks nice afield.  Bet it was cool hunting out of it.  Jon, better luck next time out.  Nice pic!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Otis

« Reply #8318 on: September 25, 2012, 06:29:11 pm »
Congrats to Hunter! Good shooting. You guys look like you had another great weekend. I hope the are some deer left come the first part of Nov. :)  Can't wait to get down there again. Good picture Jon. I know I've enjoy some beautiful sun rises down there. Hope to see many more.
                                                                         David

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #8319 on: September 25, 2012, 07:05:35 pm »
Good to see everyones been staying busy. Happy belated birthday Pappy, looks like it was a good one. Trying to make it up there as soon as I can. Hope everyones doin well

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8320 on: September 27, 2012, 06:53:21 am »
It was a fun event Glenn,you yanks need to come do it with us someday. ;) :)
Jimmy thanks,you are doing a fine job on our new web site,seems most really enjoy it. It was my pleasure BearG/Dan,come back anytime. Looking forward to it Eddie and see you Dave and Matt in a month or 2 also.That will be a blast I am sure. ;) :) Good luck Steve,keep us posted on how it all works out. Good pictures Jon,it was a beautiful weekend for sure. Josh come visit when you get the chance,we have missed you around there. Got 4 deer skinned and in the cooler soaking,now just got to cut them up and in the freezer,also got 3 more hides for tanning,should be a good winter. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #8321 on: September 28, 2012, 03:15:08 am »
Hey Pappy and Jon, figured out the Flemish string making thing out. took me 2 tries, but i think i have it. The first one was jacked up because i made the jig wrong. Practice gets me closer to perfect, is what i like to believe. Thanks for the use of the video also Pappy. Answered some questions for me. Probably see yall Saturday morning sometime. Hope to have a deer with me...we will see though.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8322 on: September 28, 2012, 06:26:17 am »
Looking good Michael,looks like you got it. :) Good luck in the Deer woods. FRIDAY
and I am so ready,got lots to do,4 deer to cut up and get in the freezer and hope to have another. ;) ;D ;D The weather isn't supposed to be all that good but if it don't rain I will at least hunt the mornings.Went yesterday evening and seen a nice little buck and he was feeding on white oak acorns,just not the tree I was hunting, :o ??? 30 yards out and that is about twice to far for me. ;) :) That's what I like about hunting,you never know ,might be today. :) Hope yall have a good one.  :) See ya Monday. Life is Good.  :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:33:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline sonny

« Reply #8323 on: September 29, 2012, 05:25:18 pm »
you talking about seeing that buck feeding on acorns reminded me of a time a few years ago-
I was bowhunting in a stand just down the hill from a big red oak that was obviously dropping acorns.
I watched a small buck circle that tree I don't know how many times feeding on acorns. Way too far away to
shoot but still nice to see...
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8324 on: October 01, 2012, 06:01:52 am »
Great weekend, not many showed up at the cabin,the regulars,Jon/Will Art/Michael
JohnT/Jimmy and BoBo/BigA and a few others dropped by but most are hunting for the next few weeks,still a good time.I hunted but no deer wanted to come and play. ;) ;D ;D Got all the deer in the cooler cut and wrapped and also got a good start on another Osage,Jimmy and Will made some progress on there Yew bow also. Pretty laid back weekend and I like that. Jon did trade JohnT out of a nice Osage/Boo back bow,sweet shooter.Hope yall had a good one also. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good