Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4726239 times)

WhistlingBadger and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8220 on: September 04, 2012, 07:07:26 am »
Osage done all but the sealer, Had to repair a couple of handles,both got broke at last wood cutting,guys need to figure out how to hit the wedge with the hammer head not the handle.  >:(;) ;D ;D Kevin working on his grip. Getting my hunting gear set up,2 bows 12 arrows ,hope that is enough for starters. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8221 on: September 04, 2012, 07:15:23 am »
Had to pike Kevin's bow a couple of inches to get weight,then new nocks,heat treating and flipped the tips, he watched. ;) ;D ;D and picked for me. :) The Girls just laid around all evening relaxing and staying out of the rain. Yes, very full weekend,can't wait to do it again.That's it for this week.Good time had by all.
Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #8222 on: September 04, 2012, 09:13:28 am »
Morning Pappy hey to everyone in TN you guys sure been busy the girls got it made just about as good as my dogs. Yall keep um straight up thar. Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline BearG

« Reply #8223 on: September 04, 2012, 10:30:35 am »
I almost got on the bike Saturday Morning and came down but let the rain talk scare me off. Looked like y'all had a blast, I really want to make a run down there soon. Even if its leave work Friday around 3 pm and come back sunday morning. For the first time in the last 10 years I've got all my vacation time spoke for so no extra to take off on a Friday.

Speaking of vacations Pappy as soon as you get 2013 schedual for Twin Oaks shoots let me know so I can put in my requests.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8224 on: September 04, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »
I will Cracker,thats a big job. ;) ;D Bear would have loved to have you ,and yes you would have got wet. :( All I know for sure right now is the  TN.Classic is the first weekend of May 3/4/5 ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8225 on: September 06, 2012, 06:44:22 am »
Had a fun time yesterday,John Mathrole came in from S. Carolina to pick up the bow I have been working on for him,really cool guy and he seemed to like it a lot.
He went out to the bails and shot some and to say the least he is a pretty good shot. Hope he shoots like that when he get to Argentina. ;) ;D I am glad that is over,I love building bows for myself but hate making a special order. :) :) Some may remember him from the IBO world and also the N.Carolins shoot in the spring.
   Pappy
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:09:45 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #8226 on: September 06, 2012, 09:45:11 am »
Pappy, If you want guys to be careful with mall handles just hand them a pc of hickory firewood an a drawknife an let them build a new handle. Made a few tomahawk handles an I have a whole differnt approach to abusing it, or slide a pc of pipe over your handles an squezze with the vise an let,em have a go a breaking the pipe  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Later Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8227 on: September 07, 2012, 06:32:21 am »
I might try that Bob. :) :) Friday and can't wait, the 20th Whitetail Classic starts this weekend and that is always fun,a really laid back shoot,then Saturday night is the BASH, the last club get together for the year with food/picking and fun around the fire,that's always fun. I have lots to do,finish bushhogging,put up a couple more stands and fine tune all my hunting stuff. The time of year I love is almost here,seems to come faster every year and I am never ready.  :o :) Hope yall have a good one . See ya Monday. :) :) Life is Good. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #8228 on: September 07, 2012, 07:57:00 pm »
have fun guys and shoot straight this season.i am going down to David Knights place at the end of the month.we are going to hunt some of those kentucy whitetails.wish us luck.i need all i can get.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8229 on: September 10, 2012, 06:36:38 am »
Good luck,big deer down there. :) :) Had great weekend,the 20th White tail Classic is on. The shooting leg is done ,now come the hunting side starting on the 22nd.Can't wait. Had a good turn out and also a suprise,Matt showed up Friday evening,really good to see him and I think he had a good time.Here are some pictures of the fun. We also had the club Bash Saturday night,lots of good food and fun. :) :) The first shots are of John Mathrole picking up the Osage I built for him,turned out nice and he could really shoot it,He also had some gifts for me. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8230 on: September 10, 2012, 06:39:29 am »
Matt showed up Friday evening,quite a suprise.Us getting ready to hit the practice range Friday evening. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8231 on: September 10, 2012, 06:44:52 am »
The picture of Jon was with a seal skin coat John Mathrole brought for him,it will make some good wraps and shelfs for bows. Matt got in a little bow building time.
Some picking and grinning. Then the shoot gets going Saturday morning,we had 11 Trad. teams of 3 and 16 compound teams.  :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:59:48 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8232 on: September 10, 2012, 06:48:49 am »
More bow and some napping going on. Beau,Doug and myself shooting the course,this was our best group of the day,Dead Deer. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8233 on: September 10, 2012, 06:53:34 am »
Cooking up some food for the Bash,we done 4 deer shoulders and Chris done trash can Chickens,yum yum. Also had home made Ice Cream and lot of fixings. Then we all went out Saturday evening and set up our flight shooting machine,lot of fun with that and everyone seemes to enjoy it. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:01:38 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8234 on: September 10, 2012, 06:55:48 am »
More fun with the throwing disc,we had some pretty good shots out there. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good