Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4726248 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8205 on: August 30, 2012, 07:16:47 am »
Ya great to have her home,but still mad at her. >:( >:( I should be down around noon Friday,I think Shannon is coming in for the weekend.Got more bushhogging done yesterday and plan on more today.Man I got lots of other things I would rather be doing, :o But don't want to be walking in head high weeds scouting and putting up stands. :) :)  Bow season 23 days away!!!!!
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #8206 on: August 30, 2012, 10:07:01 am »
Amen to that... was using my 4 wheeler to knock weeds down yesterday. Need to shoot the course before i get on the plane weds. looking forward to the 22nd also.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline GlennM

« Reply #8207 on: August 30, 2012, 11:36:25 am »
I saw this article in the Sunday paper and thought of the Twin Oaks boys. Mepps lures uses squirrel tails for their spinners. Mepps will either buy your squirrel tails or trade them for fishing lures. Contact Jim Martinsen via email meppsman@mepps.com or go to mepps.com/squirrels.

With the amount of those critters you take, you should be able to outfit the entire state of Tennessee.

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8208 on: August 30, 2012, 11:49:57 am »
Y a we probably take over 100 each year,Miss Joanie has killed 41 in our back yard
that were getting in her apple trees. >:( ;) Should have saved the tails. ;) ;D ;D Can't wait till Dec. See ya then Glenn. Mike you can probably do that Sat. if someone is around that will walk throug with you.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8209 on: August 31, 2012, 03:09:20 am »
Well a Friday and cannot wait to drive from Indian Mound to Twin Oaks.

Hope to see my friends soon.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8210 on: August 31, 2012, 05:49:00 am »
Yes Friday and I will be headed down around noon for 3 days,off Monday. ;) ;D
Still got some bushhogging to do and plan on scouting and putting up some stands Saturday.Also ready for a new string and grip on the Osages I am making
and then a little more tweaking on the tiller and some shooting.Hope yall have a good Labor day See ya Tuesday. :) Jon /Shannon got some Deer roast laid out for supper ,Yum. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #8211 on: September 03, 2012, 08:40:30 pm »
Mark, enjoyed what time I had out there this weekend. actually had to work a little today (labor day), but came out afterwards. No one was there, but worked on the self bow some and then shot the targets by the pavilion with the hunting bow. Check the flight of my broad heads on the bails, flying good. Now just need to sharpen them for the 22nd.
 :) :) :)
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8212 on: September 04, 2012, 06:28:15 am »
Kevin and myself was there until about 2 and headed home.Had a great weekend,got a little bushhogging done and a couple of stands up even with the rain,we got a lot of bow work done and lots of other stuff going on.Shannon came to visit along wit Gary and Al and of course the regulars.I think we got 3 bows shooting and a couple finished up so it was a good time.Here are some pictures of the fun.Hope yall had a good one. ;) :) The first are some pictures of the Osage I have been working on in the works.
   Pappy
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:18:22 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8213 on: September 04, 2012, 06:31:50 am »
Few more of the tips,Jimmy working on another Osage. Jon getting ready to cut the nocks in his Yew bow .Will and Gary show up,it was Gary's first time to visit.I think he enjoyed his self. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8214 on: September 04, 2012, 06:36:52 am »
A little picking,then Shannon shows up for the weekend. ;D ;D Some of Gary's work,he knapp's and also learning to build selfbows. Cool guy. Jimmy shooting in my Osage before some final tweaks,My draw ant long enough,I am building it for a guy with a 30 inch draw,a first for me. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8215 on: September 04, 2012, 06:40:48 am »
Some napping,Jimmy's first brace on his Osage.Jon back on knife handles then Jimmy tweaking and checking his tiller,looks pretty good,maybe a little weak on the lower limb. ???  ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8216 on: September 04, 2012, 06:46:48 am »
More napping,looks like Shannon is having a big time,he always does. ;) ;D Bev and BigA showed up for some time around the fire. Got a grip on my Osage. Jon's string jig,I think he made 4 over the weekend,he has turned into the string go to guy. ;) ;D Michael shows up to work on his new bow,looking pretty good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8217 on: September 04, 2012, 06:52:40 am »
BoBo trying out a re worked Osage Jimmy done for him. Jimmy and Michael tillering on Michael's bow. Another knife by Jon,this is one he forged. Kevin makes it in to do some work on his bow.Art and Beau solving the problems of the world. ;) ;D
Al came in Saturday to pick up a Bear recurve he bought when he got back from Nam in 68 ,I put a set of skins on it for him. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:21:06 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8218 on: September 04, 2012, 06:57:01 am »
Jeremie came in Saturday and we put some skins on his bow,turned out nice. Some of Shannon's work over the weekend along with some shooting and pretty darn good cooking. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8219 on: September 04, 2012, 07:02:32 am »
Jeremie's bow with skins. Kevin gluing up his handle,walnut under Osage,looks pretty good. :) More picking,we are blessed with pickers that don't mind doing it for us. Michael testing out his new bow. Then Frog legs for supper,thanks Shannon.Yum Yum. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good