Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720286 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8160 on: August 17, 2012, 07:17:03 am »
Friday !!!! headed to the Cabin and can't wait,been a long week. Got Kevin's stave off the form yesterday and then put it back on for a little tweaking,I plan on steaming mine this evening and getting it reflexed and straightened. It's only 1 1/2 years old so I plan on steam. Also got a club meeting and working in the morning ,we are making plans for the 20th Deer Classic coming up early September.This is a fun shoot for us,laid back ,18 deer and 2 turkey targets at real hunting range.score 10-8- -3 outside kill then opening weekend bring your deer in and you get a point per.lb. and 5 points per legal antler tine. Add the 2 together and fine a winner,lots of cooking and shooting the bull Saturday and Sunday night ,it's over at 9pm Sunday night,also get to see a lot of Deer/Turkey with usually a few yots thrown in. It's time to get stuff ready for the up coming season so I plane on some of that also this weekend. Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday.
Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #8161 on: August 17, 2012, 07:31:13 am »
Have a great weekend Pappy.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8162 on: August 17, 2012, 12:10:30 pm »
I'LL be at Twin Oaks  in an hour or so.   Think I'll work on Yew for today.   Black Widow shipped me my longbow so time to fix my new arrows for it.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline seabass

« Reply #8163 on: August 17, 2012, 05:39:14 pm »
have fun guys
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8164 on: August 20, 2012, 06:27:29 am »
Had a great weekend,good meeting and the range is set for the up coming 20th Deer Classic,that is always a fun shoot.Also managed to get some work done in the shop. Got Kevin's Osage straightened/Jon's Yew bow on the form,looking good. My Osage steamed/straightened/reflexed and ready for nocks and Michele's
to a low brace also some arrow work and shooting in. Here are a few pictures of the fun.Hope yall had a good one also. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8165 on: August 20, 2012, 06:30:59 am »
Straightening Jon's Yew and steaming and heating my Osage. King Ron taking it all in ,Will doing a little napping and Kev getting some arrows ready Jon made for him. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8166 on: August 20, 2012, 06:48:44 am »
One of Kev's Old Osage bows getting a make over,new grip and tips. Me giving an arrow to Mayo,a sweet lady from MI. sent it to him,he gave her a TN. Orange and white arrow last year at ElHall. Little fun around the fire Friday night. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:12:40 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8167 on: August 20, 2012, 06:53:21 am »
My Girls. ;) ;D ;D Art shows up Saturday,looking good,he brought me a gift,I always try and win one at the Classic auction and never do,he said I didn't need to try anymore. ;) ;D ;D GregB finishes another knife.Looks great. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8168 on: August 20, 2012, 07:00:08 am »
Getting ready for the Saturday morning meeting. Our 1st Token Yankee shows up for a visit,I brought him some old bear razor heads back from MI. that is all he shoots,82 years young and still puts up his own stands and bow hunts,hope I can do that when I get that old. Sargent Major does some fall scroom hunting,he says he knows the good ones. ??? ::) Hope so. ;) :) :) Will gripping Kevin's old bow and a little shooting. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8169 on: August 20, 2012, 07:04:56 am »
More shooting after the working. A Walnut bowl Sargent/Major made for me from   the Walnut we cut out of the front yard of the Cabin.Very nice work and thanks. Then some home made Peach Ice cream for an evening snack.Very good stuff. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8170 on: August 20, 2012, 07:09:29 am »
Jeremie and Michel doing some bow work,got both to brace and Jeremie's is shooting Just needed some tip work. Michel's ready for the tiller board,hope to have it shooting by next weekend. Hope yalls was as fun as mine.Great time with good friends. Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #8171 on: August 20, 2012, 11:12:55 am »
Enjoyed the weekend..look forward to many more..
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8172 on: August 20, 2012, 04:35:02 pm »
Pappy I swear them are the same bibs you had on up here arent they???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You Twin Oaks guys are the luckiest lot in the world. Be grateful!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8173 on: August 21, 2012, 06:06:27 am »
Yep Pearl they are. :) :) and I am grateful. :) Enjoyed it also Michel. Maybe get yours shooting Saturday. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #8174 on: August 21, 2012, 09:38:23 am »
Might not get there Saturday, till the evening. Taking Alec, my neighbor  and his son to the Hunter Safety Course out at Fort Campbell. Need to Alec back in the woods. He used to be by my side all the time... now that he is older things are different.. :( wow how time flys...
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"