Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720836 times)

Offline Badger

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7815 on: May 20, 2012, 01:39:15 pm »
   You Twin Oaks boys have got me on a handle wrapping kick. Going back and digging up all my bows without handle wraps and fixin them up, looks so much better hanging on the walls now I don't have to hide them in a drum in the garage.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #7816 on: May 20, 2012, 04:53:31 pm »
I sure hope Arts ok.
Like how your shirt turnned out pappy.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline cracker

« Reply #7817 on: May 20, 2012, 07:57:46 pm »
Hi Jessy a lot of people are hoping for Art to get better. Really missed you this year. Hope to see you next year. Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7818 on: May 21, 2012, 06:45:37 am »
Thanks guys,he is having it done today or tomorrow,I will keep yall up Dated,Thanks Jesse,I like it also. ;) ;D Good to hear from you.Missed you and Abby a lot. :( We had a great weekend,I got a lot of loose end tied up and I think everyone had a good time.Done some bow rework and lots of other little things rapped up.Most of the guys had a lesson in black smithing,we plan on putting in a shop in the next few months,plans in the works.Here are some pictures of the fun. :) :) :) Done some hide work,the weather was so humid had trouble with the scrapping,Will tillering his snake bow,A hole stave for Chuck in NY. He love them things. :) :) me putting the sealer on the bow I reworked for Mike prince. Looks good I think he will like it. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:20:37 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7819 on: May 21, 2012, 06:51:06 am »
King Ron unloading our new # plaques for the range,1/4 steel and powder coated,squirrels will have trouble chewing them up. ;) ;D ;D Hannah glad to be back with out the pups bothering her. ;) Will tillering on his bow and had 3 mowers going,don't take long to mow the grass like that. ;) ;D
   Pappy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:21:19 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #7820 on: May 21, 2012, 06:53:21 am »
Morning Pappy Good to hear about the blacksmith shop. I guess life really is good. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7821 on: May 21, 2012, 06:56:58 am »
GregB's first forged knife blade,turned out nice. Relaxing around the fire Friday night. Supper Brats and kraut. Yum. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7822 on: May 21, 2012, 07:00:16 am »
Yep Cracker it is. ;) ;D Some of JohnT's work. Another bow to rework,I gave this away a few years ago,guess we are all getting older and weaker, ;) ;D it was 55@ 26 it is now 51@ 28,I think that is just what he wanted. Shoots very nice. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7823 on: May 21, 2012, 07:06:35 am »
Chris Cade gave me this pot at the Classic,it is old and needed some TLC,Before and after,looks great now.Thanks Chris. ;) ;) Me soarting some more Turkey feathers,got 6 more sets of Wings Saturday. Some more of GregB's work,knives and sheaths.  :) Also the black smith showed up,very nice guy and is showing our guys some stuff on forging. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7824 on: May 21, 2012, 07:12:10 am »
Me rawhiding a yew bow ,it is the one Badger spliced at the Classic,it's looking good,I put it on the form and the guy it belongs to got it floor tillered,nice guy and I sure don't mind showing and helping. Then some forging lessons.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7825 on: May 21, 2012, 07:18:55 am »
Jon and Will working on a blade. Me skinning a beaver tail,they are tough to skin. :) :) Jeramie brought Sarah down to work on her IW bow,she has done a good job and got it shooting Saturday.Nice work. :) :) That's it for the weekend,it was fun and got a lot done,hope yall had a good one also.Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #7826 on: May 21, 2012, 07:35:37 am »
Man I miss those weekends already.  Looks like another awesome time at Twin Oaks Pappy.

Offline Badger

« Reply #7827 on: May 21, 2012, 09:29:23 am »
   Great pics Pappy, I have a new appreciation for this thread. prayers and thoughts are with Art today. Hope all goes ok for him.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #7828 on: May 21, 2012, 09:35:57 am »
Nice blade, GregB.  Do I smell a new addiction?  Blacksmithing has always interested me.  When you get good at it, I need a few tent stakes and "S" hooks made.  Another set of fire irons would work.  Also, if you could.... >:D

Nice bows being made also.  I don't remember that yew piece, Pappy.  Good luck with it.  I just rawhided one myself this past weekend.  That cast iron pot turned out nice.  I have quite a collection of cast iron.  Do you throw them in the fire to clean them up?

Lawn looks good, Cracker.  Wish I could be there to help you.

Get well soon, Art. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7829 on: May 21, 2012, 09:50:17 am »
Ya Mat,I fill them with cooking oil and then lard and let them cook it off,not right
in the fire but very close with some hot coal's under them,then just clean it out and rub them down,it will bring them back like they should be.  :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:23:36 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good