Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4726584 times)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7770 on: May 10, 2012, 08:23:07 am »
And Joe was worried about someone liking his quiver and Crackers arrows,she loved it and spent the only $5.00 her mother would give her on it.Glad it worked out. Also the winner of the James Parker bow he donated for Doug's grandson that has been ill,Thanks James and Joe.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7771 on: May 10, 2012, 08:30:27 am »
More good buys,RyanO and Bob stayed Sunday nigh so we got a little time to visit,that is the one thing that I don't like ,I don't get much time to do that while it is going on but believe me it's not because I don't want to,just to much to do. :) :) :) They last is the spirit station,it turned out beautiful and I am sure Me along with a lot of folks at TwinOaks will spend some peaceful times there. Thanks to all involved in revamping it and bringing it back to life. That's it for now,hope all that came enjoyed and ones that couldn't make will make it some day,love to meet you all. Life is Good . Very Very Good. ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #7772 on: May 10, 2012, 10:08:03 am »
pappy-thanks for the great pix
looks like the best family reunion ever!

sure sorry i couldnt make it this year...
woulda been great to meet yall in person
will work harder to make it happen next year.

in the meantime yall can come join us at mojam in july
wild women don't get the blues

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7773 on: May 10, 2012, 10:20:14 am »
I plan on doing that some day Sadie ,we have the IBO Traditional world the same date this year,it will be the 3rd we have done it ,but is the last year for that for a while so maybe next year for sure.Thanks for the invite. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bear

« Reply #7774 on: May 11, 2012, 12:28:29 am »
I've loved them all, but this was easily my favorite Classic. One for books, for sure!
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7775 on: May 11, 2012, 06:48:19 am »
Friday again and I am headed back to the Cabin this evening,still got some picking up and straighting up to do but that is a bout done. I know for those that seen the shop probably think their is no rhyme or reason to where stuff is but I know where it is supposed to be. :) :) Me and Miss Joanie went over yesterday to do some things in the concession stand and then took a walk to the spirit station and she loved it,she usually ant that big on stuff like that but to say she was impressed was a understatement,she couldn't stop taking pictures and looking at all the stuff and asking questions about what it was and who made or done it. :) :)Thanks again for all that helped bring it back to life. :) :) The Club plans on shooting the course in the morning before tearing it down and putting it up.Most didn't get the chance to shoot and that is a good thing,it means we were busy. :) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #7776 on: May 11, 2012, 11:12:18 am »
Hedgeapple, I ended up making it for myself, it really is a shooter. Once I get a few more coats of true oil on it I will post some pics. Thanks Again!

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #7777 on: May 11, 2012, 01:16:53 pm »
Pappy, I meant to pick up a CD of Will's and forgot. Will you have some available during the IBO? And I really wanted to go see the Spirit Station too!!! dang my memory!!!!!!Looks really cool in those 2 pics......post up some of Joanies will ya????
Tomi    :) :) :)

Offline Badger

« Reply #7778 on: May 11, 2012, 01:50:13 pm »
  Pappy, I htought your shop was extremely well organized and what amazed me more was that it remained that way throughout the shoot even with 50 guys working out of it. Every time I needed something it was right where it was the last time, I know I wasn't the only one using it either. I sure did like the way you had your cawls and heating stations set up. Almost made things too easy. One of the big reasons I wanted to attend your shoot was to see how you had set it up. I have been wanting to start something similar on the west coast for some time now. I wasn't disappointed and came back with a lot of ideas. I want to have mine set up as an RV Park with tent camping also. My main goal is to create my own little paradise so I won't have any desire to travel. I am not so sure in Ca that I would be able to allow free access to the tools the way you did but I would be willing to try it. I am really feeling highly motivated right now to get back to work on this project, I had all but given up after penciling out the expenses about 9,000 times. I also need to figure out a way to keep the women and kids entertained and happy, my thoughts on that are that I am considering building a "primitive" playhouse where the mothers and kids could write and hold plays, dancing etc. The leadership by example you have provided I believe is what has made your place the success that it is, that would be very hard to duplicate.

Offline joanieb

« Reply #7779 on: May 11, 2012, 02:57:37 pm »
Wow! What can I say.... Thanks so much for all your kind words about our Twin Oaks Bunch.  You do know we couldn't do what we do without them.  It takes each and everyone of us to get things ready and keep things going for all our friends we see each year. Thanks for all the nice gifts given to me, thanks for all the hugs, and most of all thanks for coming and sharing in a very busy TN Classic. You talk about how the Twin Oaks Bunch really work and help each other. It's times like this that it all comes together.  Thanks so much to all of you, who make us happy and honored to call you our friends. We are so blessed to be able to share what we have with you!    We love you guys,  Joanie B.
or as I was called this weekend many times {Mrs. Pappy}

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7780 on: May 11, 2012, 04:14:27 pm »
Its Friday.  Just shot B Range with Jimmy and I'm sitting around the shop by myself.  The place is alone at the moment.  Pappy should be here soon.  Miss my friends already.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

blackhawk

« Reply #7781 on: May 13, 2012, 08:38:25 am »
Thanks for puttin all the pics up ;)  ;D

I still have wills song Life Is Good ringing thru my head........like this line " I started tillering my soul".... :)  i think that was my fav song he sung that weekend

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #7782 on: May 13, 2012, 09:50:51 am »
"Livin' life and letting go,
I think I'll call this place my home..."
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #7783 on: May 13, 2012, 10:23:27 am »
Like Pappy says...This life is good....
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #7784 on: May 13, 2012, 07:33:28 pm »
lotta generous people, pretty bows and good memories. I had a great time, nice seeing everybody up there. thanks for postin the pics, like that one of yall on the mowers. hopefully my saturdays will free up