Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4725282 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7575 on: March 30, 2012, 06:58:24 am »
FRIDAY, Got a big weekend planned,Eddie[Mullet] Dave from IN. and friend of Eddie's/Jon and his brother are all coming down for a few day to hang out and do a little Turkey hunting so you know we will have a good time.I am off for 3 or 4 days and have a few projects to work on,also we are planing on some more clean up and some roofing on the archery shop/registration.It will be a full weekend. Eddie is bringing some hog and I laid out 2 full deer back strap yesterday so the eating is going to be great also. :) :) Hope to have some good pictures Monday.
Got some good news yesterday,my hides got to James and Becka's yesterday they have been in the mail for over 2 weeks and I was getting worried,6 brain tanned hides in that box [lots of work] She is making me a shirt and I am excited.
Hope yall have a good one.See ya Wed. or Thursday.Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7576 on: March 30, 2012, 07:01:17 am »
I should be there around 10 am.  I'm hungry by the way.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Otis

« Reply #7577 on: March 30, 2012, 08:35:51 am »
The truck is packed except for the food. I'm bringing peppers, chicken rollups, bratz's, summer sausage, deer sticks, buffalo chicken, and the wife even made a chocolate cheese cake. :)  We will eat good indeed. I'm just waiting for momma to get up and I can see her for a little bit then I'm on the road. Eddie, you and  Chris drive safely and I'll see you guys tomorrow.
                                                                                                                 David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7578 on: March 30, 2012, 09:08:14 am »
We'll be rolling in about Dawn. also bringing some gator meat along with the hog.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BearG

« Reply #7579 on: March 30, 2012, 10:06:36 am »
Hope you guys have a safe trip. And good luck killin some birds, wish I could have been down there to hang out and drink some beer with yall.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7580 on: March 30, 2012, 12:16:19 pm »
I'll take up your slack, Bear. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BearG

« Reply #7581 on: March 30, 2012, 01:40:53 pm »
Good deal Mullet I knew someone would step up

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #7582 on: March 30, 2012, 03:41:50 pm »
 :) :) :) HI.... JakeAllen posted that pic for us on gon.....THANKS!!!! That's the BEST spot in the world for the NGT plate!!!!
Ya'll are really getting the place ready for the Classic. That gravel is always a good idea....but man it's hard to spread!!!!Gosh, I had totally forgotten about the Spirit Station. It's been a loooong time since going there, mighta had some adult beverages involved....maybe..... :o  ::) :P ;D  So looking forward to the Classic.....I'll be there early Friday morning......I'll be camping at a local motel!!!!! 8)
I love you to Pappy!!!!!!kisses to my Joanie!
Tomi

Offline BearG

« Reply #7583 on: April 03, 2012, 04:42:50 pm »
MAn some one down there give us a turkey kill report.

Offline seabass

« Reply #7584 on: April 03, 2012, 06:57:42 pm »
i'm with Bear,lets see some turkey pictures.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #7585 on: April 03, 2012, 09:06:51 pm »
Bear, if it makes you feel any better...I killed a big 'un Sunday ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline BearG

« Reply #7586 on: April 04, 2012, 10:40:30 am »
Thats why your my hero

Offline Will H

« Reply #7587 on: April 04, 2012, 06:40:37 pm »
Pappy put me on my first bird opening morning. The honey hole was the place to be boys! All in all I think it ended up like this:
Dave- 1 Tom
Eddies buddy Chris-2 jakes over the week.
Will- 1 Jake

Thanks again Pappy! Your turkey gettin skills are shadowed only by your deer hunting skills ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:57:26 am by Pappy »
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #7588 on: April 04, 2012, 09:11:28 pm »
I figured on heading that way about friday night.  Who knows, I might get lucky and help Pappy stock up the freezer 8)
 I can't believe Eddie ain't busted one yet :o  It's been a little warm lately and the birds seem to be shutting up pretty early. I don't think they've busted up real good yet either. :-\
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Otis

« Reply #7589 on: April 04, 2012, 10:16:36 pm »
Eddie got a goodin this morning Flintwalker and BearG. I shot a sappling. :o :'(  The birds were vocal, just didn't want to play everyday. Had a great time, as usual, ate too much, stayed up way too late and over indulged on the adult beverages. Can't wait to get back down there. Come on May.
                                                                               David