Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4725253 times)

GlennM and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7560 on: March 26, 2012, 07:55:13 am »
Another hide ready for the last smoking, :) Supper,more back strap. ;) ;D ;D
and more supplies, 3 pair of wings,love this time of year. :) :) :)It was great and really looking forward to see yall in a few weeks. That makes our year. :) :) :)
Life is Good. ;) :D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #7561 on: March 26, 2012, 09:27:28 am »
Yep just a dangling that bait aintcha first news you know I'll be done moved up there and you won't be able to get rid of me. Looks like you boys got it going on. Life is good. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline flungonin

« Reply #7562 on: March 27, 2012, 12:26:00 am »
Yes, Pappy you definitely were busy Sat. Thank you for taking the time out and showing us around and introducing those that weren't immediatly busy spreading the gravel. I have been reading about Twin Oaks for years and have never had the opportunity to come to the Classic. Very impressive. Well I am early, can't help what dictates this. I leave wed to go back to Virginia with the little guy. Thanks again for your hospitality and one day hopefully I'll make it back during the classic. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7563 on: March 27, 2012, 07:22:09 am »
You are more than welcome Steve,enjoyed talking to you and showing you around a little.Hope all goes well with you Great grand son. :) Bring him back anytime. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #7564 on: March 27, 2012, 11:59:48 am »
Man its been awhile sence I was around the Spirit Station, always liked that when it was on the corse.  But that path was getting a little dangrous.  Wish I didn't have so much going on this weekend or I'd run down to play camp cook while yall chased the turkeys.  Only 30 more days!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7565 on: March 27, 2012, 12:15:12 pm »
Me also Bear,I'll save your bed in case you change your mind. :) :) Ya it's been a while since we used it as part of the range,to hard to pull arrows especially if it rained,we don't plan on using it as part of the course anymore,just going to have it all fixed up for a place to go to think clear your mind and maybe listen to some picking.  :) :) It is a very Cool /peaceful place and you got to love the view. :) :)
I always told Miss Joanie if I ever built a house it would be on the ridge right above the spirit station and that would be my front yard. :) :)
   Pappy 
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mississippidave

« Reply #7566 on: March 27, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »
Man those pics look like fun!  I like the spirit station....Jon I'm glad me and malcolm didn't break your camera....we are NOT pretty :o!  How's the pups Pappy?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7567 on: March 27, 2012, 08:18:29 pm »
Phone works good still buddy.   :)

Should be a really good weekend for me.  My brother is coming to Twin Oaks for a visit.  He'll get a chance to meet some friends and enjoy some great food.  I'm awful greatfull Pappy has room for both my brother and I.  I'm working on the arrows for the plaques for the Classic.  Should have those done in a day or two now.  I need to talk to Will about his knapping some blades  to put knives on the Self Bow Challenge Plaques.   8)

Yes sir Life is good.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7568 on: March 27, 2012, 08:55:58 pm »
Jon;
Can't wait for this weekend ;D. Sounds like a few Florida boys in the house this weekend :D.

Also some boo heading that way. This is some of the best I've ever gotten from Mr. Wong. I told him I wanted real good arrow quality and he went through them with me.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7569 on: March 27, 2012, 10:10:13 pm »
Eddie your the best, thank you!  Anthony will be mighty happy also.

Can't wait for you to hang around with all us and my brother Dan.  he's excited to be visiting.  I made him an Osage bow and he's all torn up.  He never shot much but he want's to learn.  I told him we have some mighty fine guys who will share  a few tips.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7570 on: March 27, 2012, 11:02:52 pm »
 I'm looking forward to meeting your brother and I'm sure you guys will like my buddy Chris, he's a hoot! I'm bringing that piece of yew, got it shooting nice!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7571 on: March 28, 2012, 07:15:57 am »
Cool maybe we can fit in a little time on the range,I need to get some shooting in
before the Classic ,in case I get to shoot. ;) ;) Miss/Dave the pups are looking great,should be eating solid food next week,giving Hanna's away today and over the weekend,still got 2 left from her[yellow,cholcolate] and all the Curs are spoken for.Eddie Looking forward to meeting Chris,the cabin will be pretty full at least through Sunday. 6 anyway,it only sleeps 7 so things will be a little tight for a few days. Good looking Cain,that ought to be enough to last a while. ;) :) We plan on putting the tin on the archery/registration shop Saturday if Chris and Dave will go on and kill their Turkey early and get back to the Club. ;) ;D ;D we got to get that done before the Classic and spring rains,yall all know how they are. ;D ;D ;D Looking forward to a few day away. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7572 on: March 29, 2012, 08:58:39 am »
1 gone and 10 to go, Alex and son Blake picked up their Yellow lab yesterday,1 of Hanna's pups. They named her Stella ,More going out Friday,YES. :) :) Sadie's won't be ready for a couple more weeks and are all promised out. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Jake Allen

« Reply #7573 on: March 29, 2012, 12:45:15 pm »
Perfect place for the NGT tag. Thanks Pappy! Looks good up there; we are honored.  :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7574 on: March 29, 2012, 01:17:15 pm »
Thanks and you are welcome,also sticker on the door to the cabin. :) :) Tell Tomi we all said ha. ;) :) Love that girl. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good