Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713662 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7200 on: December 22, 2011, 03:18:00 pm »
Will:  Its people like yourself and the other members of the Twin Oaks crew with Pappy and Miss Joanie that make the farm such a special place.  You will make a great addition to the club.  Maybe its a good thing I live so far away cause I would just homestead there given the chance. The farm is just a magnet for talented down to earth people!  As it is, had to plow out the yard after yesterday's snow storm in zero weather this morning. Thanks for the music and blades!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline GlennM

« Reply #7201 on: December 22, 2011, 03:30:17 pm »
Will ,

We will be rollin in around 3pm at Twin Oaks.  I hope you are still there as I'd love to meet you.  I truly enjoy your guitar pickin.  I was going to bring my guitar with me but I pale in comparison to your talent. I'm a strummer and wish I was blessed with your gift.

I have a special bow to hunt with this year rgar is going to bring me some big medicine.  I wonder if the Aunt Jemima stand is open.  See you soon.

Glenn

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7202 on: December 22, 2011, 04:13:24 pm »
I'll be there sometime before noon on the 26th and plan to hang around for a few days.  I talked to Woody and he is bringing his Camper so I'll have a place if Pappy fills up his cabin.  I plan to work on a bow and maybe a knife or something.

Should be fun.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7203 on: December 23, 2011, 04:46:11 am »
I love this thread ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7204 on: December 23, 2011, 08:18:37 am »
Great Glenn,No it's not even up ,but it can be in short order. ;) :) :) I seen 2 bucks headed down that logging road headed toward that spot last week,I was hunting the stand on top. ;) I thought then I needed to put back up. :) I will be there Monday morning early.I plan on hunting Monday morning with Beau.Just got off the phone with Gary ,he said he and Steve would be headed this way mid day Monday so it would be late Monday night when they arrived. Joe I wished you lived close also,it would be great to have you words of wisdom and company on a more regular basis. :) Well it's Friday and I am so ready for Christmas,I will be off till 2012 YA. I have no big plans except to enjoy Family and good Friends for the next 10 days. I plan to hunt/bow work/hide work and haft a couple of blades,do some cooking and hopefully skin and bone some deer.Hope yall have a very Merry Christmas. :) remember the reason for the season. :) :) See ya next year. ;) ;D ;D Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #7205 on: December 23, 2011, 11:19:44 am »
Pappy
Have a great holiday time and a Merry Christmas !
Tell Gary and Steve Hi for me !
I have time off next week so I will be in the woods also (Ohio) !
Take care !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7206 on: December 24, 2011, 02:41:11 am »
Merry Christmas to all my friends.  I hope ll yours wishes come true.  I'll see ya'll soon.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline oschroe

« Reply #7207 on: December 25, 2011, 01:39:06 am »
Merry Christmas folks.  See ya'll @ Twin Oaks on Monday.  Got the camper set up Friday and bringing the Kabota with me.  Looking forward to having a good time this week with friends and a bow in my hands.  ;D ;D
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7208 on: January 02, 2012, 06:48:42 am »
I'm back,camera is down right now and I am way behind at work,I will get some stories and pictures up a little later,as for now Happy New Year.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7209 on: January 02, 2012, 08:22:30 am »
Got the camera working,it was a great week,no deer but most everyone seen deer the first of the week and then it just died,one thing for sure we ate good and I think all had a good time.I didn't hunt any[Bad cold] but did get some projects started and some finished. Got to spend some time with Jesse and Abby[Last week here ] :( and also had a lot of others come and stay or at least visit for a day. Woody,Jon,BigA,GregB,Jimmy,Will ,JohnT ,Glenn,Chuck,Jake,Gary, Shannon,
King Ron and Chris,Beau, and I am sure a lot I am forgetting, Will and BigA got a week of personal instructions from Jesse ,I know they loved that.Here are some pictures of the weekend.  :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:45:01 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7210 on: January 02, 2012, 08:48:36 am »
Beau comming in from a hunt, Gift to Hole in the bow Chuck,A gift to me from Woody,Thanks. Supper Monday night for the boys coming in from MI. and NY.
A little wood cutting,getting enough for the week. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7211 on: January 02, 2012, 08:54:37 am »
Elk hide finished,I sleep under it all week. :) :) Jon makes it in Monday for the week
and brings me a gift of a dozen arrows.Very nice. More hide work,I planned to get 2 scrapped  and 4 racked to dry.I got that done over the week along with one almost finished brain tanning. The NY Yankees show up mid day Monday. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7212 on: January 02, 2012, 08:59:09 am »
Me putting the finishing touches on the blade and coyote jaw bone.King Ron comes in for the day. Will Racking a hide. A gift from Glenn,water holder. :)  Some of Will's blades. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7213 on: January 02, 2012, 09:01:28 am »
Alittle relaxing and catching up around the fire Monday night. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7214 on: January 02, 2012, 09:04:02 am »
More of the same and a very nice gift from Glenn,beautiful work. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good