Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4725704 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6750 on: September 20, 2011, 11:19:32 am »
Thanks Eddie,Ya we have missed you Josh. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #6751 on: September 20, 2011, 11:27:19 am »
happy huntin pappy... aim small miss small.. look forward to some meat pictures.. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline BearG

« Reply #6752 on: September 20, 2011, 12:02:49 pm »
happy birthday brother!  next time i see ya I'll buy you a beer. 8)
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6753 on: September 20, 2011, 02:18:49 pm »
Hey, that's a fine lookin point there Pappy ;). Be cool to stick a deer with a rock out of your own creek. Happy bday - Julie took me out for some quality time over the weekend too seeing as how we have the same bday only a few years apart ::). Happy huntin..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Will H

« Reply #6754 on: September 20, 2011, 03:18:34 pm »
Well happy birthday Pappy! Been missin y'all the past few weekends. I can't wait to get some time off to make it over there. Looks like y'all had another good one. :) This TN livin sure is good!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6755 on: September 21, 2011, 07:39:36 am »
Thanks guys I appreciate that, Ya Will we be wondering about you.Good luck this coming weekend. :) Paul I should have it ready by Saturday,been sick and kind of dragging my feet,All I need to do now is fletch it,got it sealed last evening. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6756 on: September 21, 2011, 09:59:03 am »
Well, after hernia surgery on the 9th, I got the okay from the surgeon to "do what ever you feel like doing"...the way he put it, and I feel like shooting my bow. Got to make sure my broadheads are flying okay. Last week was recovering from surgery, the next two weeks are jury duty. I was selected as an alternate juror yesterday, which meant I was there for all the trail except for the deliberation. I would have liked to have been in on that as well, quite an experience! May get another chance before my time is up.

Focus now is attempting to catch up at work, and get ready for Saturday!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cracker

« Reply #6757 on: September 21, 2011, 12:12:56 pm »
Hey Pappy happy birthday and good luck to the both of you on opening day. Greg I been on jury duty a few times and I always seem to get some lame petty case that I can hardly stay awake for.
Life is good. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Freebirth

• My Blog
« Reply #6758 on: September 22, 2011, 06:38:18 am »
Happy birthday Pappy! I'm a new poster but I've been a reader of this forum for a long time and always enjoyed this thread. Happy hunting and good luck!
Southern Ohio

Offline julieb

« Reply #6759 on: September 22, 2011, 01:19:56 pm »
Yes Happy belated Birthday Pappy!! Hope is was a great day!!!!! :laugh:
Being that right person is just as important as finding the right person....

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #6760 on: September 22, 2011, 03:41:07 pm »
I'll be down Friday about 2:00 or so for one final trip around the practice range.  I've got buck fever something feirce.  My neck is all swollen up and I've been pissing on bushes all around the house.  All a neighbor has to do is look funny at me and he's got trouble.  Hopefully, an opening day kill will remedy me.   :laugh:

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6761 on: September 22, 2011, 05:56:47 pm »
Best wishes Pappy, Happy B-day!
Steve
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6762 on: September 23, 2011, 07:49:14 am »
Thanks All, I appreciate the good wishes. :) Well its almost here,a little over 24 hours from now I will be perched in a tree hoping for a Buck or big fat doe to
come slipping by.  ;) ;D Can't wait,I have been so fired up I can't sleep,opening weekend always gets me going.Has for 35 years this year.Hope it never stops. We also have a event going on at the Club that just adds to the excitement. We will get to see a lot of friends and Deer/Turkey this weekend not to mention a lot of cooking,We usually cook at least 2 or 3 deer this weekend.I have a few more things to get ready and plan on doing that this evening and then just relax around the fire tonight.Hope yall have a good one and hope to have some good pictures and stories Tuesday. ;) :) :) :)
Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6763 on: September 23, 2011, 08:06:23 am »
Pappy:  Happy B day and hope you find the right tree stand this year!  The Hustons are putting meat in the freezer this year.  Josiah a deer and Hawk a bull elk.  They are headed for the hills again this weekend to try to call a bull in for Josiah!  Looking forward to the pictures! A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6764 on: September 23, 2011, 10:32:10 am »
It's early now in the morning but heck I can't sleep so I may as well just drive on over to Twin Oaks.  Talked to Woody yesterday and he'll be over there this afternoon.  See ya around the fire Jimmy, Pappy and anyone else who happens by.  I'll be in a stand come tomorrow morning.  Perhaps this is the year.  My boy is coming home for a few days as he passes through on his way to Washington State, and it'll be good to see him again.  He's being stationed at Ft Lewis and may be headed to Afghanistan, he's not sure just yet.  Everyone have a fine weekend, cause the boys in Tennessee are headed to the woods.   :)   
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee