Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4721432 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6705 on: September 06, 2011, 07:47:33 am »
Ya Eddie we have got the rain,it came out just right,I finished getting them out Saturday and it has rained almost ever since. We had a good weekend,got some shooting in a got the new shed almost finished,all but the doors and some trim,also got the range set for the up coming weekend shoot. Alan and Jeremie got some arrows made up and Hacksaw got some work done on his stave's. I also got a very nice knife for Paul and GregB made a sweet sheath for the knife I made for Beau.It was a good time hop yawls was as good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6706 on: September 06, 2011, 07:53:14 am »
More food plotting.Jeremie /Allen with Jon giving some instructions on arrow building. Then Froda shows up to hang out for a while. :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6707 on: September 06, 2011, 07:59:34 am »
The sheath GregB made for Beau and the Knife Pail made for me,both very nice work. Then just hanging out shooting the bull,we do a lot of that. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6708 on: September 06, 2011, 08:03:27 am »
More shed work, The young ones doing a little hunting ,while the grown ups
Work.  >:( :( ;) :) they got it made for sure. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6709 on: September 06, 2011, 08:10:39 am »
Hacksaw doing some work on his Walnut bow,he got it floor tillered.Alan burning some feathers,they turned out nice.The shed almost finished,it is really going to be a nice place for our targets.Shawn making another knife,he is making this one for Jeremie.It is looking good.Well that's it for this weekend.It was a good one and got a lot done. Deer season is just a couple of weeks away so we need to get this stuff out of the way and we made some head way on that. :) :) :)
Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6710 on: September 06, 2011, 10:29:25 am »
That Twin Oaks crew never ceases to amaze me. :o :o  Talent with a work ethic and similar I can make this and a like attitude toward hunting with sticks and strings makes you fellows unique in this messed up world we live in.  The trips to your place each year always renew my faith that there are some real people out there.  Pappy, you are a special human being!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Bear

« Reply #6711 on: September 06, 2011, 04:29:48 pm »
I keep saying that one of these weekends I'm just gonna sit around and shoot the bull. No projects... No hunting...

Projects are pretty well caught up, but with KY now open, and TN in a couple weeks, looks like R&R under the shed is gonna have to wait. Ohhhh well.  ;D  :D
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline Jake Allen

« Reply #6712 on: September 06, 2011, 05:32:54 pm »
Looks like another weekend in Paradise for ya'll.
Thanks for the pictures Pappy.
Mighty fine knife, but that sheath, well, ain't it pretty!  ;)

Deer season opens this weekend in Ga.
I love to hunt in 90 degree weather.  :laugh:

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6713 on: September 07, 2011, 11:35:38 am »
Hi Pappy,

When I saw you all last, Ms. Joanie asked me to send a message regarding Angie and her surgery, and stuff.  Surgery was tuesday, past.  She is doing fine, still in the care center for probably another 2 weeks.  Her surgery was longer than expected but for proper reason.  I know she's starting to feel better because she's putting me back in my place. We are hoping for a really great outcome after she rehabilitates.  Miss ya'll.  Tell Joanie I've been learning how to brush Angie's hair properly.

Your friend,

Stephen & Angie Parnell
1’—>1’

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6714 on: September 07, 2011, 12:19:38 pm »
Target shed is looking great! I walked around with a flashlight and inspected it this morning - i'd say them guys have done this before :). Buddy got half my taco for breakfast so he's fat and happy for the day, ha..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6715 on: September 08, 2011, 12:15:56 am »
I'm still attempting to recover from the workout this past weekend working on the new target shed.  It was hard work in 100 degree weather, but the club sure is gonna enjoy that new place to put targets.  I sure do like the new ideas Pappy put forth about a a possible new rock fireplace.  I won't speak more about that tho as it's not my place.   8)

Hey Joe it sure was mighty nice to talk to you tonight on the phone.  I'm gonna charge my cell up and try to call my ole buddy in the UP VB tonight.  Been to long since we last talked together.  I sure do wish all my friends lived closer.   why I do miss ole Bear and Bro Dan a ton also!

Seems like every time I'm sitting around the fire place talking about old friends so many names come up and Pappy, Anthony, Greg, Woody, and a bunch of others bring up names it sure makes us wishful we  a Tennessee Classic about every other month.  Dave in NY and PatB and so many others make us just sad to miss and we just naturally  have to take a sip of cold brew and ponder how they all are doin.

Take care friends, we all miss ya a ton.   
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #6716 on: September 08, 2011, 12:28:08 am »
reading this really makes me wish i lived closer, so far i have only met jamie and dane, hopefully i can add to that list as soon as i can
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6717 on: September 08, 2011, 08:07:10 am »
Love to have you Noel, I haven't meet Dane but you meet a good one when you meet jamie,he was just like I thought he would be.  :) Come on Jon your going to make me cry. :( ;) ;) We do have a lot of great friends even tho we don't get to see each other as much as we would like.Every time we build something new we say we are done, ;D ;D that is never the case. Big fire place will be nice,just need to get a couple more projects finished up first.Thanks Paul for taking care of
Bubba,I have been in CDL update training this week,long 14 hour days and haven't been down the last couple of days, back to normal today. ;) :) :) Parnell I will pass the word to Miss Joanie ,glad to hear things are going good for her and hope she keeps up the improvement.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6718 on: September 08, 2011, 10:05:48 am »
I second what Jon said, I know the world is a lot smaller then it used to be with today's technology, but I wish we could spend time with distant friends more frequently then we get too!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6719 on: September 08, 2011, 11:39:01 am »
New rock fireplace? I could be of some service with a project like that. Too bad my job here will be done next week :(. Me and Buddy had us a little fire yesterday eve - was a little cool.
 I hear ya too _ Jon _ wish a Classic could have happened in August. Would have been good to see everybody..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.