Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4834330 times)

Offline cracker

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6690 on: August 29, 2011, 08:08:11 am »
Wow you guys really had a buisy weekend I'll bet you are glad to see monday so you can get some rest at work.Wish I were closer oh well maybe one day I'll get rich and move to TN.Life Is Good. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline tenessee bear tracks

« Reply #6691 on: August 29, 2011, 06:23:59 pm »
thanks for all the info ive been learning and i cant wait to learn more
"i ain't never knew a man that ever owned another and i ain't never owned nothin of my own"       Justin Townes Earle

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6692 on: August 31, 2011, 01:50:42 pm »
Just got back in late last night. Wow! Theirs practically a new shed in front of my trailer. You guys don't fart around when it comes time for a barn raisin, haha ;D. Looking good.. Hope to see most of ya'll on Friday - blasting back off on Sat :(.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline julieb

« Reply #6693 on: August 31, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »
sad face for having to go home......... hmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Being that right person is just as important as finding the right person....

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6694 on: August 31, 2011, 03:46:43 pm »
See ya Friday Paul.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Frodo

« Reply #6695 on: August 31, 2011, 07:34:58 pm »
Looking toward to meeting you cowboy :D I will be down on friday to hopefully finish up my new bow!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6696 on: September 01, 2011, 06:54:38 am »
Great Paul,I was wondering if you was back,Bubba's been missing you. I will be down today to work on my food plots and I hope to be there early Friday also.
We have a lot to do this weekend.See yall today or Friday. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Luke Long

« Reply #6697 on: September 01, 2011, 09:30:47 pm »
Pappy, just wanted to let you know, my Mom Arlie has passed away. Her kidneys and GI Tract stopped working and Mom couldn't take anymore treatments, she weighed 130lbs when she passed away. She talked highly of everyone highly . Thanks again, Mom loved archery the more she got into it. She joined a club in Texas but only won two tourneys before she became very ill. Thank you for embracing her.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:11:48 am by Pappy »

Offline Luke Long

« Reply #6698 on: September 01, 2011, 09:38:20 pm »
Arlie before she got sick.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6699 on: September 02, 2011, 07:41:23 am »
I was so sorry to hear  about that Luke,we thought a lot of her also and will miss her big smile. :( :(
Well it's Friday and I am pumped,got all 7 food plots disck up and 4 planted,I plan on planting the other 3 this evening,we plan on finishing the shed and putting out
the target range for the 19th Deer Classic  we are having on the 10th , next Saturaday. Also need to find some time to work on hunting gear, only 3 more weeks till it's here. ;) :) :) I think Jon and KingRon are coming down for the night and Jeremy coming to work on his new bow and some arrows.Cowboy is there now so we will have some time around the fire tonight,him and Bubba were seating around the napping pit last night when I left,he made me a really nice knife and GregB made Beau a really nice sheath to fit the knife I made him.They are both sweet .I will get some pictures this evening so yall can see their fine work. :) Hope yall have a good one also. I feel pretty sure we will. ;) :D :D :D
Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:46:11 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6700 on: September 02, 2011, 09:27:11 am »
I'm very sorry for your loss Luke!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6701 on: September 02, 2011, 10:12:54 am »
Pappy:  30 degrees this morning so getting the bug to hit the mountains!  Have been wondering if you were able to do anything with that salted elk hide?  Did Greg and Jon ever get the paper sharping wheels mounted? Hawk Huston is back from Texas and is planning a big hunt with Josiah for bull elk this season!  Am going to start working on him to get him to come to next spring's Classic!  This might be a good time for that to happen. Hope you are ready to put some back straps in the freezer!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6702 on: September 02, 2011, 11:30:59 am »
I'll call you this afternoon Joe, when Pappy can say hello also.   ;D
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6703 on: September 02, 2011, 12:25:20 pm »
No and No  Joe  ;) ;D ;D this has been a really busy year for us all with the IBO world and the Classic,Hope things will slow down some after this year,I got the hide is a good dry place and plan on working on it this winter,cool weather is much better for Brain tanning than warm. Can't get Greg away from that gal long enough to set up the new metal part of the work shop. ;) ;D ;D ;D We will get it sooner or later. 30 man that sounds nice,it is supposed to be 100 here today and Saturday.Then cool off some by the first of the week and hopefully some rain. Hope you can get Hawk and josiah to make it this spring,good kid and would love to meet Hawk.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6704 on: September 02, 2011, 01:14:43 pm »
 Looks like you might be getting some rain for the food plots. That Tropical depression in the Gulf might be moving ya'lls way.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?