Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4712879 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6285 on: May 19, 2011, 05:38:00 pm »
Shannon, I"m loving the scrapper I got from you at the classic.  Finally got a chance to use it.  I've been working on white oak bow.  Every tool I had would try to rip splinters in it.  So I had relegated my tillering to sandpaper.  BUT your scaper peels off nice little shaving and no tear.  Thanks.
Dave
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6286 on: May 19, 2011, 08:01:35 pm »
He does make a fine scrapper.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Otis

« Reply #6287 on: May 19, 2011, 10:04:08 pm »
Pat, I missed all of you guys too.  We solved alot of the worlds problems around there didn't we?  Or at least thought we did. :)  Shannon, maybe one of these days you can school me on them thunder chickens. I'm with you on no matter how many times you get to go to Pappy's , it's never enough.  I sure enjoy it there.  I'm just glad they let me come down the hill.
                                                                         David

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6288 on: May 19, 2011, 11:54:43 pm »
Dave, glad you like that scraper :)
 David, you don't need any help. You been at it as long as I have. Maybe next year I can get down there, if only for a day and hunt with you.
 Greg, I know what kind of food you like. You need to go to Paula Deens!  The line'll be long, but if you and the lady sign up for a cooking class you can walk right in ;)
 Her brother has a nice place too but it's more seafood oriented.
 And Pat's right. That's the hottest darn place I've ever been!
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6289 on: May 20, 2011, 12:11:39 am »
Aww, man, I can't believe a South Ga. boy is whinning about the heat and humidity. Pat's been living in the hills too long. Shannon, as slow  ;)as you move, you ought to have no problem staying cool under those big, ol', Live Oaks. But, Savannah is a pretty town.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6290 on: May 20, 2011, 12:43:16 am »

And don't forget the food also!  ;) 8)

Wayne

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6291 on: May 20, 2011, 02:45:25 am »
Eddie, I've been away from the South East coast for over 20 years. I do need a saltwater and pluff mud fix soon though.  I've been wearing a sweatshirt all this week.  ;D
  Greg, where was that live oak tree?    Next time you are in Savannah, try Mrs Wilks boarding house on west Jones street for lunch. Another long line but family style so be ready to put on the feed bag!
  Next year David!  8)   I wish I could get to Twin Oaks more often.  :(  Maybe when Pappy makes it a retirement home for wood bowyers I can spend more time there.  ;) I will have to move my campsite though for extended stay!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6292 on: May 20, 2011, 07:18:14 am »
Glad yall enjoy it and as I have said before,you are always welcome. :) :) I will be headed there as soon as I get off, Got a few plans but as we all know they seem to change when I get there. I really want to get my winged elm braces and I really need to pull my deer stands,so that is the plan for now. ;) ;D ;D I think Jon is coming down and I am sure a few more so we will get into something.
Got the yard mowed and Miss Joanie's pool opened yesterday also flowers planted and her car serviced so I am caught up for now, so I plan on a relaxing weekend at the cabin. ;) Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #6293 on: May 20, 2011, 07:40:37 am »
Be careful pulling those stands Pappy.  PatB, if he does open that retirement center, I'll be putting in for a spot.  I'm not exactly a bowyer yet, still learning. :)  Pappy is trying to teach me.  Shannon, maybe next year. Bring Betsy  I want to see her fart fire.
                                                                                                               David

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6294 on: May 20, 2011, 09:44:23 am »
I didn't really have a memorable meal in Savannah...nothing like the quality at Twin Oaks!  ;) Shannon, Paula Deens required reservations and we didn't have a lot of free time with visiting Linda's mother/aunt.

Pat, asked Linda and she said it was on the way toward Isle of Hope on she thought LaRouche Street, then turn into a subdivision called Majestic Oaks. It was in that subdivision.

Lonewolf, maybe I'll get to try those spots out next time.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6295 on: May 20, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »
I know about where it is Greg. My wife used to live on Isle of Hope when we met.  FYI, La Roach Ave used to be a race track. It was the first race track where cars reached 60 mph.  :o  I lost a few friends in high school that thought it was still a race track!  :(
  Seeing Tybee also brings back great memories.     Savannah does have great food, especially seafood.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #6296 on: May 20, 2011, 10:02:54 pm »
Yeah I know what you mean Pat there used to be a place on Tybee called simply the seafood place. MMMM MMMM
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6297 on: May 23, 2011, 07:26:57 am »
Great weekend,got a lot done,Beau and I pulled all my stands on the east side of the farm and also got time to do some bow and knife work. It was a good weekend and everyone stayed busy,especially GreB/Jon and Josh. ;) ;D ;D Them boys always stay busy. :) :) Jon got busy Friday
on some knife blades,he can turn them out.Also made up a bunch of string jigs. My girls and Bubba.
They are getting use to each other,at least Hannah is. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6298 on: May 23, 2011, 07:35:51 am »
We decided to repair the arrow we took from are buddies up in MI. they are coming back to the IBO world in July and we plan on sending it back with them. :) :) Also [Cracker] we got a 21 gal. pot so you won't have to haul yours up next year. Well if the crowd keeps growing at the supper Sat. night
we may need yours also. ;) ;D ;D Then a little relaxing time around the fire. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6299 on: May 23, 2011, 07:41:31 am »
Our new pot  ;D ;D ;D Then a good supper .My knife getting some elk horn handles and My David Knight bow getting some tips. :) I got up at 3 am Sat. morning,couldn't sleep so I managed to get a lot done before the crowd showed up. :) :) Hard for me to get much done when there are folks to visit with. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good