Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713635 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5655 on: January 04, 2011, 03:44:11 pm »

Well Pappy, I think you might want to check around with anyone who owes you money, and see if " they already paid you " and then go look up the New York Pappy !  ;D You might also look to see if he is sporting a new knife or two, which was meant for you as a gift.  :o In fact you might want to have your picture taken with him, and get his name and address, in case the police come looking for you for some nefarious deed committed in some other state, like the theft of two cans of sardines, a box of soda crackers, two RC Colas, and a couple of moon pies, and a pomegranate.   :o  And there was a positive ID on you from a few witnesses.  :o Then you can show them the picture, and give them his name and address.  Hmmm, maybe he should do the same thing now that I think about it.  ;D ;D ;D  Oh, and be careful, I think El D is buttering you up a bit.  You know how them transplanted Texican Yoopers are. ::) ;)
                                                                              Wayne

Offline Bear

« Reply #5656 on: January 04, 2011, 04:31:54 pm »
Sure had a great time, Pappy. Glad I could send the yanks home with some meat for all the fine groceries they fed me.

Here's a pic of my deer. Having some PA problems today, so sorry if this pic has already been posted.
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5657 on: January 04, 2011, 05:59:11 pm »
way to go alex
Mililani Hawaii

Offline GlennM

« Reply #5658 on: January 04, 2011, 07:58:54 pm »
What a great trip to Twin Oaks.  It was my first time to the farm.  We sure hunted hard but couldn't bring one home.  I had my chance and shaved the brisket.  We laughed until our sides hurt and ate until our bellies were full.  What an awesome time!  You should have seen the hit Alex made on that deer, it was textbook and from the ground.  I learned a few new "Southern sayings", was schooled in "shooting hats" by Pappy, and got an education from Woody about small batch bourbon.  Can't wait to see you all again.

Glenn

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5659 on: January 04, 2011, 08:31:23 pm »
I like that Small Batch Kentucky Bourbon myself......... >:D

Bookers 130 proof 7 year old....good Stuff
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Otis

« Reply #5660 on: January 04, 2011, 09:26:26 pm »
Good shooting Alex! Good looking deer. I didn't get one this year with a bow. Got two with the muzzleloader though, so, some meat in the freezer. Looks like everyone had a great time as usual at Twin Oaks. :)  Can't wait til I get to come back down again.     
Pappy do you still want the two hides I put in the freezer?  Let me know. Our season ended Sunday, so, now I'm gonna try and call some yotes.  Ought to be fun. Gotta do some til turkey season comes in. Hope everyone has a great year.
                                                                               David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5661 on: January 04, 2011, 09:50:58 pm »
 Good looking Deer, Alex. Our season is starting to wind down also. But Turkey season isn't far away, now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5662 on: January 05, 2011, 06:51:27 am »
Ya I will take the hides David,and thanks.Or season ends This Sunday,then a youth hunt the next weekend,I guess I will get back to work in the shop,I may hunt some coydogs also,Steve said they need a bounty on them after eating his deer,man he was mad.He had a chance at a shot
on one the first day but wasn't sure they were legal, In MI. you can't shoot them while the rifle season is going on, in TN. you can shoot them anytime. :) Love to meet her EL,glad you found he friend. :) Glenn it was my pleasure having yall down. You are some great guys to camp and hunt with. :) As for Woody , I have to deal with that all the time,I go home with my sides hurting every weekend. :) :) He is a hoot for sure. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #5663 on: January 05, 2011, 09:28:15 am »
Hey Pappy, Is that Hole in the Bow Chucky that I see in some of your photos. Watch them Nyorkers they  will soak all your sunshine up an I hope they bring some thru this part of Penna on there way home 8) Looks like you guys had a good time an Glenn sure makes a mean dessert, how would I know ;D We finally had a thaw for 2 days an I'm lookin at bare ground first time since about Thanksgiving, nice for a change. Later Bob

Offline rollinman

« Reply #5664 on: January 05, 2011, 08:20:01 pm »
 Hey Pappy, I saw a box of Genesee Beer in one of those pictures. I guess you Good ol Boys are finally catching on.
Fat,drunk,and stupid is no way to go through life son... Dean Wormer

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5665 on: January 06, 2011, 06:11:06 am »
Ya Bob ,that was him.Great guy.  :) rollinman,the boys from NY brought that,good stuff but can't get it here. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ohma

« Reply #5666 on: January 06, 2011, 10:06:16 am »
congrats on the doe Bear. be some good straps on the grill for sure, not to mention the jerky.
if your not dead you are getting older so get out and shoot some arrows.

Offline BearG

« Reply #5667 on: January 06, 2011, 10:59:45 am »
Good lookin doe Alex.  Congrats
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5668 on: January 07, 2011, 06:02:44 am »
Friday again,love it.It is the last weekend for deer in TN. so I plane on trying one more time and see if I can hit one. :) :) Woody/Jon and Beau are coming down to goof off and maybe hunt. We have some hides ready to scrape and need to rack a few more and I also need to finish tillering my Osage project bow. :) :) I am sure we will eat good and have some fun around the fire.Hope yall have a good one also. See ya Monday.Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #5669 on: January 07, 2011, 07:38:39 am »
Pappy good luck on getting that last minute shot. I hope it works out for you. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?