Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720299 times)

Offline _Jon_

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5070 on: August 02, 2010, 10:38:09 pm »
I left my Draw knife on one of the work stations.  It has oasge handels.  Seen it Pappy?

I'll grab it this weekend if it's around.  :)

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Otis

« Reply #5071 on: August 02, 2010, 11:46:05 pm »
Had a great weekend!!!  It sure was hot though. Jon, your draw knife was laying on Pappy's bench right behind the vise when I left yesterday morning. Pappy, thanks for putting up with me and letting me come down. I looked at that piece of wood tonight when I was out in the pole barn and it has cracks in several places. When I take it down another ring or two I'll see if the are very deep. Can't wait to come back down in three months! :)  Maybe we can kill something then. Life Is Good for sure.
                                                                         David

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5072 on: August 03, 2010, 03:40:06 am »
Thanks buddy for the info :)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5073 on: August 03, 2010, 06:01:33 am »
It's just where Dave said it was,I won't be there this weekend,leaving for MI. in the morning around 6am but I am sure some will be there. Glad yall had a good time.  :) :) Dave are the cracks in the middle of the back or on the side.  ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5074 on: August 03, 2010, 11:30:58 am »
Well, looks like I missed a lot of fun. I'm up in the middle of chaos. Many is this place busy. I lived in the DC area from 99 - 02 and I thought it was bad then - it's much worse now.  I've found a great range to shoot at. Fort Belvoir has a broadhead range, indoor range, and a nice outdoor range on some rugged terrain. Doe season opens on Fort Belvoir Sept. 4th!!! and you can hunt through the end of March. They are trying control the doe population.  I don't know how hard hunting will be here but I am to help them with their population control issues.  I can also hunt down at Quantico Marine Base.  It's really a nice big forested area.  Some great hunting on the Potomac River.

Thanks for the weekend pictures. Tell Doug that bows really looks nice. Great work!

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5075 on: August 03, 2010, 12:42:54 pm »
Safe travels Pappy.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5076 on: August 03, 2010, 01:10:15 pm »
New knife I finished over the weekend at Twin Oaks.  Thank you Greg for the really nice sheath you made for it.

Offline BearG

« Reply #5077 on: August 03, 2010, 03:02:11 pm »
sweet
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Otis

« Reply #5078 on: August 03, 2010, 06:24:14 pm »
Pappy they are on the back, kinda in the middle of the bow in a  few places. On each end and midway of the stave. Like I said, I'll get it down to a different ring and see what's going on. I'll let you know when I get that done. It might be a while. Still have this stupid honey do list to take care of. Have a safe trip and if you have trouble on the road you've got my number.
                                                                                       David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5079 on: August 03, 2010, 09:17:05 pm »
David, seal the back of your stave with shellac. When you chase the next ring seal that back as well. There must still be a bit of moisture in the stave. Shellac is cheap compared to the sweat you'll put into chasing rings.  ;)
  Boy them pepper poppers sure look good...and I know where you keep your cold beer!  ::)  O:)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #5080 on: August 03, 2010, 10:07:35 pm »
Hey Pappy we talk a lot about fun but I bet peace and quiet and piece of mind  comes up too. Life is good Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5081 on: August 03, 2010, 10:41:58 pm »
 Those poppers do look good,,and Pat, that's where Dave and I hid our beer. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #5082 on: August 03, 2010, 10:59:51 pm »
Well my kind Sir I will tell u this..IF I were able to accomplish what u have and be able to give back to the good folks out there and give them a chance to learn primitive skills to teach to learn and to share, also in meeting many people from all walks of life...I would feel complete, happy, accomplished, and rewarded.  My hats off to you Pappy! Good day!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5083 on: August 04, 2010, 12:37:50 am »
...and I thank you too, Eddie!  ;)  Same place next year?  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5084 on: August 04, 2010, 06:25:37 am »
Thanks Russ, I get more out of it than they do.I heard about where Dave hides the beer also,meet yall there. ;) ;D ;D Cracker you are right, it is just great to get away from all the other things that goes on in ones life. If it is only for a day or 2. I am headed out this morning  ABOUT 6 AM for ElmHall MI. Should be there around 5 this evening. I will be back to work Tuesday [with pictures]
hope yall have a good week. Life is good.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good