Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4834746 times)

DCM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #480 on: September 21, 2007, 09:33:16 am »
You boys are extree optimistic.  Maybe ya'll got more better deer than me.  LOL  Hope ya have a safe hunt.  I expect with the temps like they are it will be one of those sweaty, skeeter ridden hunts.  Leaving after work and taking wife and dotter along for an overnight at the farm.  Still got some wheat, rye and greens I need to get planted so that's what I'll be doing during the mid-day.  Seems like we get an extra weekend this year w/ the 3rd Sat falling on the 22nd.  MS doesn't open till Oct. 1 (a Monday) so I get two TN only weekends in a row before I can start in MS, which is a better location for me.

makete

« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2007, 10:09:32 am »
Good luck to all you guys that get to hunt this early. Ours opens the first of Oct  >:( .  Loved hunting n Sept. cool nights, warm days.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #482 on: September 21, 2007, 10:37:51 am »
Aim small, miss small! ;)  Looking forward to pics.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BearG

« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2007, 03:58:53 pm »
GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY TENNESSE FRIENDS :D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Mickey

« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2007, 08:39:03 pm »
Dianne and I left the Twin Oaks club this morning (Sat Sept 22) and they already had a few hanging in the cooler. Wanted to say thanks to Pappy for his generosity once again. Couldn't find a nicer person I don't reckon. The rest of the fellas hanging around seemed like salt of the earth as well.

Thanks Pappy  ;) if there's anything I can do for ya, just holler.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 12:17:17 am by Mickey »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2007, 11:43:34 pm »
Mickey, You will have to show up at ToJam(Twin Oaks Jam) next year. ;) Even with the down pours last year, we had a blast.  Pappy has a great set-up there. 8)
  Pappy, we want pics ASAP!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #486 on: September 23, 2007, 04:35:14 pm »
Going to be a lot of pics after this weekend!

Midday Sunday selfbow results thus far:

Pappy (1) nice doe with osage sinew bow
Keith 6pt. buck with hickory selfbow
8UP (Ron) can't remember #pts...nice buck with bamboo backed bow
GregB (2) young bucks...6pt. and button buck with copperhead osage bow

;D ;D ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #487 on: September 23, 2007, 04:38:47 pm »
Man! sounds like you guys are tearin em up Greg :), I'll be so excited when I make my first primitive kill - I'll probably have to come to before I start trailing ;D.

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #488 on: September 23, 2007, 04:59:35 pm »
Wood bows rule!!!   any stone points involved?     Pat

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #489 on: September 24, 2007, 08:26:18 am »

Pat, I don't think anyone was using stone points on any of these deer.

Also 8UP's son-in-law took a doe with a hickory bow that I didn't know about on my previous post. Ron and his son-in-law...Isiah both got into making selfbows just this year. Ron at the Tn. Classic, and Isiah after that. Pretty Cool!

Cowboy, yes it is a good feeling taking a deer with a bow you made yourself. I was worried about my copperhead bow being a little lite-weight then what I've been using, but it drove an arrow clean through the first deer entering the shoulder blade and exiting low behind the shoulder on the opposite side. The 6pt was a steep angle shot (8 yards), and entered high shoulder and buried in the opposite shoulder. I was pleased... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

DCM

« Reply #490 on: September 24, 2007, 09:50:44 am »
I reckon ya'll weren't overly optimistic after all.  Congradulations!  Skeeters were plumb aweful at my place.  Saw some does.  Got winded.  Need rain really bad.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #491 on: September 24, 2007, 09:52:43 am »
Boy howdy!!hehe. From what I just read that's an excellent bow - full pass through!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #492 on: September 24, 2007, 08:33:11 pm »
   You guy's did real good ,Congratulations.We all came up dry at Chris Cade's this week end.Mainly because it was dry.We chipped some points though.I came home with about 40 mosquito bites on the left arm,musta' been Hillbilly's Beam? ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #493 on: September 25, 2007, 06:13:01 am »
Well here we go ,had a great weekend,looks like Greg gave yall the numbers except I think 8up got another buck Monday.I am sure he will post later.Had lot of food and lot of good friends.The
total for the shoot was 21 teams of 3.The wheel boy took 14 deer and 1 Turkey[Hen] the
Trad. guys took 8 deer and 1 Turkey[Tom] DanaM your knife got a work out and done great
had lots of complaments on it.Some of the pictures was of the wheel kills but I made them leave the bows out [Ha]Hope you enjoy, I sure did.Life is good. :) O ya I did manage to get the self bow I was working on finished tillered and some tips glued on,didn't have much time to work on it,I was to busy skinning deer and cooking.Maybe some pictures of it next week.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:27:14 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #494 on: September 25, 2007, 06:16:02 am »
Grant was first to strike,then Keith.Also Micky Lotzs made it back from his road trip.and
breakfast Sat. morning. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:27:54 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good