Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711225 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3900 on: December 02, 2009, 01:32:20 pm »
I only wish I was as good with a Rifle as I am with a 1911 Colt!!
Get a single shot, it will do wonders for your accuracy.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3901 on: December 02, 2009, 01:59:58 pm »

Can't wait till May it is always great seeing all my old friends and meeting new ones at the Classic. :) :)
   Pappy

yeah i can't wait for the classic in May too.  It was a blast last year!    :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3902 on: December 03, 2009, 06:28:59 am »
Justin I tried the single shot,didn't help me much. ;) ;D ;D just ant much of a gun shot,don't like the
noise,scares me. ;) ;D ;D Josh it will be here before you know it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3903 on: December 04, 2009, 06:21:32 am »
Friday again,I am headed to the cabin when I get out of here,can't wait,haven't been down all
week and I miss that. I don't have a lot of plans but something always turns up to do.The weather is going to be cold and no rain so I plan on getting in some hunting and working on my Christmas project,that's about it.Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3904 on: December 07, 2009, 06:20:53 am »
Very slow and peaceful at the cabin this weekend,Only me and the girls most of it.Doug [fried pie]
came down Sat. morning and gave me some lessons on shooting, :) no kidding he was shooting that snake bow very good and it is holding up great also. It ant only pretty it shoots great to boot. I got
my Christmas trade done and will send it off in a week or so,also got my Yew stave floor tillered and ready for the form.I reduced the sap to about 1/4 thick so I would have more heart wood on the finished bow. I had a couple of good suppers,Wild Turkey with trimmings,left over from Thanksgiving
for Friday night and Back strap and fixings for Sat. night.Had a lot of left over,hard for me to cook for one. :) :) Doug also brought me some supplies to start getting stocked up for the Classic. ;) ;D
Hope yall had a good one.I sure did,Got a lot of small things taken care of and caught up on some rest ,you know the early to bed early to rise thing. :) Here are a few pictures. I got another piece of raw hide done,Jesse and I plan on brain taning them as soon as he can get down and give me a few
pointers on how to proceed with it. He's the expert,I am just the hired help. ;) ;D ;D
     Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3905 on: December 07, 2009, 06:26:52 am »
Got my Yew stave floor tillered Sat. evening and then me and the girls sat around the fire and listened to some Chad before supper,quite and a little lonely but a man needs that now and then.
Gives you time to think about what is really important in life. :) Hope yall had a good one also.
Life is good. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3906 on: December 07, 2009, 08:13:26 am »
Sounds like you had a great Weekend to Contemplate...a Man needs time to get His Life in Order every now and then....good for the Soul! Pappy....you thank Doug for the Supplies for Me also....and I'll see You in May to reflect on the Past and Contemplate the Future with a Bottle of that Elixir....... ;)....... >:D.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3907 on: December 07, 2009, 10:32:57 am »
Pappy:  Love the picture of the fire!  Its been cold here so have been cooped up and have finished the canteens for some of the fellows at this coming year's classic!  Tried to send a picture to your email but must have some problem with my confuser as it came back unsent!  Still have trouble posting pictures on the PA site so maybe if Stacy Huston comes by I will have her post it for me.  I hope the following fellows will be at the Classic:  Pappy, Greg, Ryan, Pat B, Big A, Shannon, Jesse, Jan, and Chris, otherwise, I will try to get some addresses and just mail them.  Any day at the farm for you is a great day!!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3908 on: December 07, 2009, 10:35:57 am »
Forgot to ask about that album of Chad's.  Wonder where I could get one?  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3909 on: December 07, 2009, 10:48:14 am »
I feel sure most of them will be there,have heard from most of them and they plan on it.Did you see the picture in the cabin of the yew stave,your quiver is on the wall ,I plan on taking it on a special hunt darning Christmas,Haven't used it yet but got it filled with some special arrows and ready to hit the woods with it.I will see if I can come up with a Chad CD,he is on a lot so maybe he will see it also and get one to you,it is great,his first one is also a very good one,I have worn  my first one out. :) Nothing like seating around a fire on a cold night and listening to it to get you mind right. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3910 on: December 07, 2009, 11:00:01 am »
Looks like you had a good weekend Mark.  Did you see any deer?   I hunted hard Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  highs in the mid 30s
low sat morning was 16 with a wind so it was cold I never saw a deer will hunting.   But was fun spending some time with my Uncle and Aunt.  And all there animals. 
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3911 on: December 07, 2009, 11:52:51 am »
Looks like you had a fine weekend... I took my dogs at to the cabin this weekend, too. Got some writing done, put out some traps, and put up a couple late season stands. Good to get that kinda time...

Joe, just give me a holler if you need one of them CD's. They make a good Christmas present.... ;D

It's nice to know that even though I am 700 miles away, a part of me gets to still enjoy the campfire with Pappy.... ;)
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3912 on: December 08, 2009, 06:51:21 am »
Always Chad,hardly a weekend goes that I don't listen to it at least once or twice. Miss
having it done live. ;) :) :) Seen a few deer Bear but didn't hunt much,Friday evening and Sat. morning,got into other things after that,I am saving up for the week after Christmas,I will be at the cabin this year instead of LBL so I plan on hunting hard.Been kind of burned out lately.Been at it for 2 1/2 months and it has really been slow so I'm  just laying back and building up for one last hard
push the last of Dec.. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3913 on: December 08, 2009, 01:48:51 pm »
I hear ya not seeing deer kinda almost sorta makes it seem like work, maybe a little. ;D
But most of the time a bad day huntin is better than a good daay at work ::)
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #3914 on: December 08, 2009, 06:51:27 pm »
Pappy, I like that picture with the mason jars and the wine. Is that home made wine, hope it's not cherry.   B Dan
Cleves, Ohio