Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4719234 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Life is good
« Reply #3855 on: November 19, 2009, 11:19:42 pm »
 Wow guys those are some nice knives.
 Bo, congratulations on a fine buck

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3856 on: November 20, 2009, 06:00:00 am »
Friday again,they come around pretty quick it seems. :) I am headed down to the cabin as soon
as I can get away from here.Big gun opens in the morning and I swear every year I am going to stay in bed with the pillow over my head just so I don't have to hear it,but never do. :) I plan on hunting pretty hard this weekend,the deer are usually moving pretty good this time of year even
tho they haven't much so far,I expect [hope] that will change sooner or later and I sure want to be there when it dose. ;) :) I think Jesse and Abbie are coming down and I plan on letting her hunt
with a gun [not usuall for me] to see if she can take her first deer.Beau and Greg I think are coming also.I want to finish laying out my yew bow and try and get some work done on my Christmas
project. Woody,one of my good friends is coming down this evening and we are cooking Shell Cracker for supper,so that should be good.He don't bow hunt but loves to fish,that's good for me cause I don't fish but love to eat them. ;) ;D  Hope yall have a good one , see ya Monday.  :)
Life is good.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3857 on: November 20, 2009, 10:16:50 am »
Congrats Beau.   
Greg those are some great looking knives.
Mark Don't forget your orange. ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3858 on: November 20, 2009, 10:34:58 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3859 on: November 23, 2009, 05:20:02 am »
Had a great weekend,no deer but close encounter,I miss a nice buck at about 8 yards,he took 15 minutes to come in and when he did I just forgot everything I ever learned about shooting. ;) :)
Other than that it was all good.I got my Yew bow laied out and cut out so it is ready to do some scraping. We also got up all new lights in the work shop,My eye are getting older and the new lights are great. Jesse and Abby went hunting for her first time ,that was cool,no deer but I think she had fun.Woody came down Friday and we cooked fish,man that was great.Jesse also done some fine napping and I got 2 more hides ready to tan.All in all it was a good time.Hope yall had a good one also.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3860 on: November 23, 2009, 05:26:36 am »
New lights,11 of them in all of the shop. Jesse showing some of his napping skills and a couple of hides ready to be stretched. Jesse said I  I finely got it on scraping hides and done a good
job on these. I didn't do as good a job on the last ones. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3861 on: November 23, 2009, 05:31:18 am »
More sinew,and a nice blade Jesse turned out.I will post more of it on the napping thread.
Very good weekend,GregB was in leather class so didn't get down,and I don't know what Big A
was up to hunting I would suppose  :).Hope yall have a big Thanksgiving. Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3862 on: November 23, 2009, 07:43:27 am »
I did get in the stand three times over the weekend, and didn't see a deer! Paying some more dues I guess. I finished processing my doe from last weekend that I'd had soaking in the refrigerator finished. Got some meat wrapped with an "09" on the paper, and that's good. :)  Finished another sheath for Case, one of the youngun's in the club. I've got to finish Art's bow before Pappy dis-owns me...I've got it sanded and ready to stain. I sanded the "T" off the fades, and now I don't know which is the top limb. I'll have to string her up and do some measuring. ;D

Today is my Friday...yep, work Monday and the rest of the week off! Wish every week was that way! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Big A

« Reply #3863 on: November 23, 2009, 08:48:53 am »
No hunting for me. I had all my girls home this weekend for turkey dinner. They have to work this week. No scrapers in my hands either. At one time I had a baby bottle in one hand and a spoon in the other feeding my granddaughters both at the same time loving every minute of it. Great time Life is good.
Big A

Offline cracker

« Reply #3864 on: November 23, 2009, 10:34:47 am »
Looks like a fun time. Good quality time there BigA. Nice knappin Jesse. Better luck next week Greg.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline oschroe

« Reply #3865 on: November 23, 2009, 12:30:07 pm »
Pappy

Enjoyed having a meal with you Friday night.  Greg left to early (those Shell Crackers were good) I got some more in the freezer for another time.  I haven't bow hunted in a few years now but I've started getting back into deer hunting this year (got a doe in freezer this past week).  I sure do enjoy a fire, a good meal, and good friends.  See ya'll this weekend.

Woody
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3866 on: November 23, 2009, 12:36:49 pm »
Those shell-crackers looked good! I made the ultimate sacrifice in leaving them all to you guys. I knew if Jesse got a whiff of them it would be all over! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3867 on: November 24, 2009, 05:01:51 am »
Thanks for them ,they were great,Jesse felt bad when I told him Greg left cause he didn't think there would be enough,he had already ate and we had to force him to eat some more. ;) ;D ;D ;D
I will be off from Wed. on so come see me.I plan on hunting Wed. evening and Thursday morning,then to the house for Thanksgiving and back to the cabin Thurs. night through Sunday
morning. Hope the deer are moving for a change. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline oschroe

« Reply #3868 on: November 24, 2009, 11:14:20 am »
I'll will see you this week sometime (I'm off from Wed. On).  I've got quite a few coyotes howling and moving through our place lately, hope to get a shot a one while deer hunting this week.  If so, maybe we can try tanning a coyote hide.  Would make a good cold weather head cover. ;D ::)
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3869 on: November 25, 2009, 05:20:59 am »
Friday for me also,I am headed down this evening and going to hunt.I am also going to hunt in the morning but then have to leave for a few hours for Thanksgiving dinner,Then back to hunt some more.I also plan on working on my yew bow and try and get the 2 hides I have strung up scraped.
Out of all of the tanning process I think removing the hair is the hardest part. Don't have much else planed,Hopefully skinning a deer. ;) ;D ;D Hope yall have a good Thanksgiving see ya Monday. :)
 Life is good. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good