Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711378 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #3495 on: August 19, 2009, 07:43:06 pm »
Ya got it made Pappy, but ya already know that don't ya eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Otis

« Reply #3496 on: August 19, 2009, 08:55:07 pm »
Pappy, if you didn't get my message I've got to work for a little while Friday morning before I come down.  I'll give you a call when I leave.
I can't wait to get down there where Life Is Good!
                                              David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3497 on: August 20, 2009, 06:01:26 am »
Can't wait to see you Dave.I will be there by noon Friday I hope.I will be doing some bushhogging
or working up some food plots so if you get there and I ant at the cabin,just jump on the Kubota
and come fine me. We had some fun at the club yesterday evening.We made a plan a few months ago to meet on Wednesday evening and shoot.Not to many have made.Yesterday BigA and Greg showed up.First time for Greg in a few weeks.BigA took us to school,he is really shooting that James Parker bow good right now.Just in time for Deer season. :) Can't beat the timing. ;) :) Greg wasn't doing to bad with the new snake bow either. :) That thing will spit an arrow. :)
      Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #3498 on: August 20, 2009, 07:06:48 am »
That's a fine looking pair in that last photo.Musta been a hoot.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3499 on: August 20, 2009, 07:34:18 am »
Pappy forgot to mention that we shot the last 3 or 4 targets in a downpour...we all got about 3/4 soaked! Hard to keep a bunch of old Tn. redneck bowhunters down!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Little John

« Reply #3500 on: August 20, 2009, 08:39:46 am »
I hear ya Greg, looks like fun.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline BearG

« Reply #3501 on: August 20, 2009, 04:39:59 pm »
Looks like some kinda fun
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #3502 on: August 21, 2009, 03:06:14 am »
Greg better kill that snake in his hand. Looks like it's still all kinked up and slitherin'

110 days fellas.  110 days left.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3503 on: August 21, 2009, 05:17:37 am »
Can't wait Jimmy. ;) :) FRIDAY finely.I plan on heading to the cabin about noon.I have some disking to do and then want to start tillering my take down.Dave form IN. is coming in for the weekend so we should have a big time.Need to fletch my new arrows and do some shooting.The deer season
is closing in. Squirrel season opens this weekend so the they best keep an eye out for us.[ I think they are pretty safe]  ;D Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3504 on: August 21, 2009, 07:56:27 am »
Greg better kill that snake in his hand. Looks like it's still all kinked up and slitherin'

110 days fellas.  110 days left.

Jimmy, it hasn't bit me yet...hoping it is saving all its bites for some whitetails this fall! ;) Looking forward to your getting home, wish you could hunt with us some this fall. Keep safe, take care, and see you soon!
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3505 on: August 21, 2009, 08:31:04 am »
Greg that might be what your flinching is all about you are thinking you are fixing to get bit,maybe you should just give it to me and get you a straight one with no skins. ;) ;D Now there's an Idea. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3506 on: August 23, 2009, 09:51:29 pm »
Greg that might be what your flinching is all about you are thinking you are fixing to get bit,maybe you should just give it to me and get you a straight one with no skins. Wink Grin Now there's an Idea.
With the progress you made on your snake bow over the weekend, you'll have it with the ability to bite before long! Looking good! ;)

We had another fine Saturday with a lot of good stuff going on like Pappy working on his snake bow and some arrows, BigA working on his snake bow and it is looking really good as well! I was trimming some feathers down to start on another batch of cane arrows. Also shot my snake bow a lot Saturday...it shot good and my target panic didn't raise its ugly head very much, so that was nice for a change. I think I'm making progress.

We ate really high off the hog as us southerners like to say, Dave fried up some of his fine stuffed peppers, Pappy grilled venison and fried taters and made beans as well. All I did was eat, and enjoyed myself.
Greg

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #3507 on: August 24, 2009, 01:27:39 am »
You TN boys know how to make the most of a weekend.  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3508 on: August 24, 2009, 05:58:51 am »
Ya like Greg said it was a good one.I made some progress on my take down snake bow,Also got one of my flint heads mounted and ready to test shoot. Dave [ Otis] came down from IN. to work on a bow.He got the bark off,growth ring chased,bow laid out and floor tillered,pretty good for one weekend especially with all the cooking we did along with it. I got some bushhogging done and all
my food plots disked up so I am getting there. I did have some bad stuff go on Last nigh that tends to make the weekend not as good.I lost my step dad of 36 years.He was 86 and been in poor health for a few months so we were expecting it but it is still tough.He was a fine man and was really good to us kids and my Mother.We will miss him. Hope yall had a good on.Life is good.
      Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3509 on: August 24, 2009, 06:03:22 am »
Them are chicken roll ups with bacon and pepper rolled up inside.UM good. BigA's bow and me helping Dave with his lay out.And also one of our little buddies that come down pretty regular.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good