Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4858693 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #20295 on: October 14, 2024, 09:11:01 am »
Then a peaceful night by the fire, I got a new pump and light for my fish tank, they are really enjoying it as am I. I did manage to get my deer all taken care of. It's a start for my winter supply.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20296 on: October 14, 2024, 09:13:43 am »
Then a day of clean up getting ready for the Baggett reunion. Lots of leaves falling already because of the dry summer I suppose.  :-\I always save the scrap from any deer I clean and the girls love it.  :) Will gifted me some gourds , I plan on making bird houses out of them when I get a few minutes.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20297 on: October 14, 2024, 09:18:48 am »
Then another peaceful night with Moose steak and more taters, Rocky gave me the Moose and of course Dave the taters, great to have good friends.  :) :) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Had a big doe given to me this weekend so headed down to take care of it today, then maybe back to the woods, the weather is really cooling down so should be good and get rid of the skitters and no see um's. Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20298 on: October 14, 2024, 05:23:22 pm »
Looks like y'all's season is off to a good start. Ours is really slow with not many people in the woods because of the storms. Our woods are a mess with trees down everywhere with most of the mast crop on the ground unripe. I'm still sawing trees myself. Finally got the huge Hackberry that fell on the house cut up yesterday. Starting on the Popular trees to take to the sawmill now. Looking forward to see you guys and glad to see the new pup fitting in. Take care and good hunting.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #20299 on: October 15, 2024, 12:10:00 am »
Looks like life is delicious as usual, Pappy.  Love that fish tank.  Always thought a big tub like that with goldfish in it would look cool in the shop.  Did I ever tell you I'm a serious aquarium nerd?  I ran into somebody on here the other day that said they used to be...JW, perhaps?
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20300 on: October 15, 2024, 04:56:55 am »
Thanks for sharing Pappy! Season seems to be starting out slow here, but a Good Friend of mine shot a nice fat 8pointer last nite.  (=) Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20301 on: October 15, 2024, 08:45:01 am »
Ya WB I wouldn't say I am a aquarium nerd but do love my fish, had these about 3 years now and have really enjoyed watching and caring for them, guess it don't take much to entertain me  :) :) Ya a little slow here also Bob, I think the guys in the club have killed 10 or so, that is down some for this time of year. Headed down today for several days and now that I am feeling better plan on doing some hunting, we will see how it goes. :) Dave O and Conner his grand son are coming down tomorrow for a few days also so should be a fun week. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20302 on: October 15, 2024, 09:14:26 pm »
Tattoo Dave from Michigan reached out to me the other day. He kinda dropped off the planet for while but seems to have come up for a breath. He's tempting me to come out to Michigan in the spring to hunt turkey birds. I had the exquisite opportunity to hunt with him when he came to the Black Hills to my turkey camp and I can tell you all he is a real pleasure to have around camp and sounds better than most hens in the woods!

It's got me thinking that maybe if I say my prayers nightly, live a good and just life, and hold my tongue just right I could roll this into a monster vacation that turns southward and brings me to the Tennessee Classic again this spring. Wouldn't that be fun? I'll have to stock up on trout for smoking this time because we ran out of it pretty quick at the potluck.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.