Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4824572 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #20235 on: August 19, 2024, 08:45:58 am »
No rent necessary but thanks, hope Debbie can get back on track soon,in my thoughts and prayers every morning. Yes they are growing Bob, Miss Joanie wants to put the in a jar with a lid  ;) :) and yes something about a creek and kids that just go together.  :) Headed to the cabin this morning, hope to get a hike in and start doing some gathering and and packing of our trailer, also supposed to get my bed back for the Kobota, love to get it back up and going, didn't realize how much I used it until it was down. ??? :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20236 on: August 22, 2024, 09:07:27 am »
Headed to the cabin this morning but only for a day or so, got a big day Saturday, Miss Joanie and my 51st wedding anniversary  ;) :) :) Not sure how she has put up with me this long but sure glad she has. I plan on cutting some big cedar today to have milled for the bed of My Kobota and then this evening we have the Club fun and feed, that's always fun.  :) probably come home sometime tomorrow to spend the weekend with Miss Joanie, no telling what we might get into. :-\ Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20237 on: August 23, 2024, 09:18:59 am »
Congratulations Pappy.  51 years is quite an accomplishment. I wish you both good health and happiness

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20238 on: August 23, 2024, 11:16:48 am »
Congratulations to Miss Joanie and You, Pappy. Quite an accomplishment.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline gifford

« Reply #20239 on: August 23, 2024, 11:29:35 pm »
Congratulations on your upcoming 50th Anniversary! 

Finding the right woman is the key, convincing her that we can get civilized on occasional basis, and always being respectful of her. It's worked so far with the Mrs and me.

Hope the PA forum lasts another month, that will be our 52nd.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20240 on: August 24, 2024, 04:35:03 am »
Congrats You two Lovebirds  :OK ! Never made it past three Years - twice  (lol). Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20241 on: August 24, 2024, 09:00:36 am »
Thanks guys, Now Bob that made me laugh  :) :) :) You are like one of my buddies that was married 3 times, for a short time, I as him the question " did you ever think maybe it was you "  ;) :) :) Ya we have had a good life together, went together for 7 years before we got married, started at 14 so been with her most of my life,very good woman for sure. I am back home and we are headed out today to who know where but had a good couple of days at the cabin. Lots going on down there. We are building a new pavilion where we always put up the big white tent for the Classic, getting to old to put that up and down so decide to build one 30x60 should hold at least 12 vendors and very useful for other thing through the year. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20242 on: August 24, 2024, 09:04:50 am »
Had out Thursday night food and fun, this week we divided up in teams 4 men each,  each member had 3 arrows and we shot clay pigeons at 20 yards, the team that busted the most won, I think we shot 7 rounds, lots of fun and fellowship.  :) I was the only one with a selfbow but held my own. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20243 on: August 24, 2024, 09:07:57 am »
Annie is really fitting in and enjoying all the fun, Sister is old school and just lays around and watches, going where ever I go. After the shooting we gathered for hot dog with all the fixing and of course a lot of Bull going around. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20244 on: August 24, 2024, 09:12:53 am »
I did make a little head way on my trailer loading, trying to lighten the load , taking out stuff we haven't used in 3 or 4 years and only hauling the stuff we need, I am getting there. :) After everyone left me and the girls had a peaceful night by a good fire. Hope yall have a good rest of the weekend. Headed to KY. with the love of my life. ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20245 on: August 29, 2024, 08:52:56 am »
Headed to the cabin this morning for a few days, got fun and food with the club this evening , always fun. ;) I plan on the rest of the weekend to get the trailer loaded [leaving in a week] and just doing some shooting. I am also working on the Kobota bed, looking pretty good so far, supposed to try and finish the roof on the pavilion Saturday but with this heat it may be put off, 103 for today they say ??? not sure if it will get there but I know it will be hot on a roof. ??? Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #20246 on: August 31, 2024, 01:41:53 am »
So sad to hear that PA is shutting its doors! Please send me a text or call me at 209-628-0964. I would like to maintain Contact with you! I have others on Facebook and prior contacts.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20247 on: September 01, 2024, 07:26:33 pm »
I will stay in touch Ben, hope things last here and just maybe things are looking up at least.  :-\ :) Had a great few days at the cabin. Had a lot of little things I wanted to get finished before i leave next Sunday and managed to get most of them done. Had a good time with the guys Thursday even also and over the weekend. It was hot 100+ but really not that bad after you stayed out in it all day. Not going to have time to get the cedar milled for my Kobota bed before i leave so I made the sides out of old barn wood I had on hand,will do the cedar when I get back. Turned out pretty good, after the build I stained it with walnut stain. At least it will keep a deer from rolling off.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 07:46:25 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20248 on: September 01, 2024, 07:31:41 pm »
Rocky gave me some elk horns he had had on his garage for several years, they were weathered really bad so I cleaned and sanded them and coated them with linseed oil, they made a nice addition for the porch. The girls just tried to stay out of the heat.  ;) :) Someone gave me this sigh, I finely found a place to hang it, running out of wall space  ??? :) :) I like the sign, pretty cool. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20249 on: September 01, 2024, 07:34:39 pm »
Then the guys showed up for food and fun, Beau also brought the kids, they had fun shooting and of course playing in the creek. We played tic tack toe at 18 yards.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good