Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4822402 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #20175 on: July 08, 2024, 09:18:47 am »
Pat we leave on the 5th of Sept. for 2 weeks. Ya Annie is coming around, you are right Bob , never a dull moment with her, she is calming down a little but still has her moments, really growing fast. Ya I love real wild Turkey feathers, way better for hunting in who knows what kind of weather, rain don't bother them much at all. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20176 on: July 11, 2024, 09:20:13 am »
Heading to the cabin this morning for the weekend, we have our club shoot this evening so want to be there for that, I am putting the finish on my new bow and also a little arrow work. Going for a hike this morning and then on the tractor to do some bush hogging, got about 20/30 acres that I need to get done before they get to big. We also have a meeting/working Saturday morning to get ready for our small critter shoot the 20th July, looks like it is going to be a hot busy weekend. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20177 on: July 14, 2024, 08:17:05 pm »
Great weekend, very hot but still a very fun time. Got some stuff done in the shop and things ready for our Small critter shoot this coming Saturday. Finished the tru oil on my new bow, now for a couple coats of satin polly and it is finished also got some more of my gear checked out and ready for Elm Hall and CO. in the coming weeks.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 08:55:58 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20178 on: July 14, 2024, 08:20:41 pm »
Thursday evening we had a club shoot, darts again, we can do that under the fans.  :) Lots of fun and friendly competition . Joe won this week. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20179 on: July 14, 2024, 08:25:08 pm »
Let a good friend put bee hives on my place, he robbed them Thursday, got about 100 lbs and man is it tasty, I get a couple of quarts of honey and all the wax, so a good deal for me and him. he is going to expand them next year to about 20 hives.  :) Nothing quite like fresh honey right out of the hive.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20180 on: July 14, 2024, 08:31:54 pm »
The dogs spent a lot of time in the creek over the weekend, they love it. :) :) Saturday morning we had a good meeting and working, got the range set and then most of us went out on the practice range for some shooting. Got a new member ( Josh) he has 2 sweet girls, I am loving it we now have 6 little girls and 2 boys under 10 years old, like it use to be in the early days when all us old guys had small kids that are grown now.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20181 on: July 14, 2024, 08:34:48 pm »
Some fun on the range, pretty good shooting also. My group was 3 self bows and 1 Boo backed bow, don't get to do that much, ??? most of our guys shoot Glass . ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20182 on: July 14, 2024, 08:38:27 pm »
Tommy won this bow off the Raffle table at the Classic many years ago, donated by PA and James Parker, still looks and shoots great. The other Josh came in for some knife and bow work, working on some Osage billets.  :) Good clean wood that should make a good spliced bow.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 08:58:25 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20183 on: July 14, 2024, 08:41:01 pm »
He got the billet to a ring and split in half, ready to splice now. I got my bow all finished with new string, muffs and beads on the grip, now all it needs is shooting.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20184 on: July 14, 2024, 08:44:42 pm »
Named after the area we are going to in the fall.  :) Saturday evening I took a ride through the range, here are a few pictures of the set up. The shoot is for a local church, a food drive , they feed many needy folks every week and we think this it is a very good cause, hope we get them lots of goods. :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 08:59:30 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20185 on: July 14, 2024, 08:46:41 pm »
Never though this would be fun but over the years it has turned into my favorite shoot besides the Classic. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20186 on: July 14, 2024, 08:47:57 pm »
More of the range. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20187 on: July 14, 2024, 08:55:11 pm »
Always carry and arrow I don't mind loosing on this shoot :) :) Then a nice supper of venison stew and fresh veggies and sadly back to reality . Usually watch base ball while eating supper, but of course this week I came in to all the bad stuff going on in this world, :( >:( makes me appreciate what I have and just living the simple life at least most of the time. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20188 on: July 15, 2024, 05:01:00 am »
That Bow turned out Nice Pappy - Hope it makes some Meat for You out West ! Thanks as always for sharing -   (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20189 on: July 15, 2024, 08:54:26 am »
You are welcome Bob, yes the bow shoots well if I do my part as I sometimes do and sometimes DON'T.   ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good