Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4719357 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #20130 on: June 10, 2024, 09:09:31 am »
I think Annie will fit right in, Pappy. She knows a good thing when she see's it.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20131 on: June 10, 2024, 09:35:48 am »
I think so also Pat, just be glad when the needle teeth and claws get worn down a bit.  :) You are welcome Bob, yep got to love puppies.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20132 on: June 14, 2024, 09:31:46 am »
Heading to the cabin this morning, we have a meeting and working in the morning to get set up for our shoot next weekend, that should be fun. I am nursing a foot problem, pulled something out packing and can hardly get around, seems to be a little better this morning but we will see how the day goes  :-\ Bad timing for sure, trying to get this old body in shape for out west but as of now no packing or hiking so guess I will just do some shooting and working on arrows and such. Seems the older I get the more things pop up. ??? ;) :) BUT Life is still Good. Hope yall have a good one also.  :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20133 on: June 15, 2024, 05:16:44 am »
Hope You get healed up ! Man - seems like it's always something, the older We get  (A). Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20134 on: June 16, 2024, 07:52:46 pm »
I hear ya Bob, getting old ant for sissys . Had a great weekend, very hot, spent some time trying to help on the range set up for our shoot coming up the 22nd June and also some time in the shop close to the fans. Needed a new set of arrows to go with my new bow  ;) these were gifted to me at the Classic and should be prefect for the new Osage. 45/50's tapered PO cedars with 5 1/2 high cut feathers. Annie still staying under my feet, she follows me where ever I go, guess she thinks I am her momma. What better project for a guy with a bad foot than a new walking stick.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20135 on: June 16, 2024, 07:57:45 pm »
ERC cut from the farm and a hemp wrap handle, should work great. Been icing my foot down 2 or 3 times a day and that has really seemed to help, still ant back to normal and plan on giving it another week before I start back trying to hike and pack.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20136 on: June 16, 2024, 08:03:59 pm »
I am about out of snake skins but had an old set of Diamond backs I have had a long while, they had faded a lot, so I used some of my home made walnut die to stain them, after about 3 coats, heaver on the liter one they are looking pretty good, not a prefect match but don't think you will notice the difference ones on the bow.  ??? ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20137 on: June 16, 2024, 08:09:16 pm »
Painted the back of the bow with a black magic marker and the put a sizing coat of TB3 and letting that dry, then will put the skins on this week.Skins came out pretty close, one has a small hole but can cover that so you will never know it was there. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20138 on: June 16, 2024, 08:14:49 pm »
Skins ready to go on when I get time. We are having a Charity shoot this coming Saturday for a veterans group that provide hunts and outings for our Hero's and needy children, very good cause so if you are close please by drop by and support, shoot and hang out. Hope yall had a good one and for all the Fathers out there Happy Father's day!!!!  Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20139 on: June 17, 2024, 04:50:02 am »
Glad to hear the Foot is coming along ! Thanks -  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #20140 on: June 17, 2024, 12:00:06 pm »
Morning, Pappy!  That puppy is my favorite kind:  One that belongs to somebody else.  I can pet them and play with them, then give them back.  (I feel much the same about toddlers and babies)

Why the black marker on the back of the bow?  Great idea staining the skins with walnut--they came out great.  Do you have to back ERC with sinew?  If so, how does it stand up to the humidity out there?

(Lots of questions!)

Hope your foot is on the mend soon.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20141 on: June 18, 2024, 09:35:27 am »
Ya WB puppies can be a hand full that's for sure, it's always good when they grow out of some of their nonsense.  :) I black the back to make the pattern stand out more, over time on Osage the yellow/orange will will show through and the pattern will fad, the black helps stop that. No I don't have a ERC bow, made a few years ago and they didn't go so well, have made a few with sap wood only and they worked out fine but using heart wood I had lots of bad luck so now us it for walking stick and other projects, beautiful wood but lots of other wood that is more predictable to use for bows. IMO  ;):)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #20142 on: June 18, 2024, 12:29:15 pm »
Ya WB puppies can be a hand full that's for sure, it's always good when they grow out of some of their nonsense.  :) I black the back to make the pattern stand out more, over time on Osage the yellow/orange will will show through and the pattern will fad, the black helps stop that. No I don't have a ERC bow, made a few years ago and they didn't go so well, have made a few with sap wood only and they worked out fine but using heart wood I had lots of bad luck so now us it for walking stick and other projects, beautiful wood but lots of other wood that is more predictable to use for bows. IMO  ;):)
 Pappy

Ah, OK.  Thanks for the info.  I've got a few nice pieces of juniper seasoning in the garage.  Drew some good tags this year so hoping to do the deed with native wood bow.  Trickier than hickory, for sure, though.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20143 on: June 19, 2024, 09:35:24 am »
Ya WB Beau and I drew 2 elk tags for and area in NE Co. right on the WY. border, won't get it done with local wood but hope to get it done with this new Osage I am building, I think it is Rawah  wilderness area, have to check on the name, anyway they say the closest town is Laramie WY.
Pappy
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 10:50:31 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20144 on: June 19, 2024, 10:08:41 am »
Hope the foot heals up strong and doesn’t bother you on your Elk hunt Pappy.

When does a puppy not be a puppy anymore?

Mine is over two years old and still a knucklehead. At least she doesn’t eat the dry wall anymore. She sure does love to play like a puppy though.

WB my favorite age for kids is when they first start walking. I just love watching them realize that they can and really start to explore their new freedom

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise