Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4721515 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19680 on: October 09, 2023, 07:18:42 am »
Saturday evening saw a couple of nice 8 points but never came close enough, about 30 yards,seen a couple of big doe and 1 of them did, 92 lb. doe at 8 yards, not the greatest shot but worked out good and I was glad of that. ??? Spent Sunday getting ready for the reunion, lots of family and good food for sure. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 07:25:57 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19681 on: October 09, 2023, 07:23:41 am »
About filled the pavilion up, Miss Joanie testing some of the deserts.  :) She is a big help and I couldn't pull it off without her help, including the Classic. :) :) The weather couldn't have been better, 70 and no wind, prefect !!! Now I got to go skin and process a deer, good thing I enjoy do that because it seems that is all I have done the last few weeks.  ;) :) Life is Good.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline wooddamon1

« Reply #19682 on: October 09, 2023, 09:24:02 am »
Stacking them up down there, congrats Pappy!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19683 on: October 12, 2023, 11:41:49 am »
Congratulations Pappy. Looks like a fine taste tester you have there.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #19684 on: October 13, 2023, 12:26:09 am »
Glad you're enjoying that venison, Pappy!  Yum.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19685 on: October 13, 2023, 09:57:24 am »
Y BJ she know how to check the deserts out. ;) :)Thanks guys, yes WB enjoying it for sure. Headed to the cabin this morning, decided not to hunt, been at it most of the weeks and had some close encounters but no shots, they cut my corn yesterday so things should pick up. We got the TwinOaks Bash Saturday evening so that should be fun, don't get to see many of the guys after deer season opens, so this is a special time for me, most usually make it so a good time with good food and lots of stories. hope yall have a good one also, I feel sure I will. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19686 on: October 15, 2023, 09:27:15 pm »
Had a great Bash, about 30 with friends and family, always a lot of good food fellowship and stories. Headed back to the cabin for 3 or 4 days to hunt, Dave O (Otis) and his grand son Conner are coming in, he is a fine young man and look forward to trying to get him in some deer, pictures and stories when I return. Hope y’all have a good one also. Life is good . Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19687 on: October 16, 2023, 10:47:32 am »
Good luck, guys!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19688 on: October 21, 2023, 10:00:16 am »
Had a great time with Dave and Conner , didn't kill any deer but had a lot of close encounters , Dave did hit a nice buck but a little low and back, the tracking looked like after he ran 50 yards or so he just started walking and not for sure but think I saw him later in the day back with the doe's he was with when Dave shot him, so have hopes he will be just a little sore and make it through, Conner miss a doe , shot under and got drawn back on a small buck  and some Turkey but they wouldn't give him a clear shot, he seen 20 + deer over the few days of hunting and was very excited !!!! I saw a few and had another spike come in a 6 yards but decided not to shoot, don't mind shooting a spike but only 1 buck tag left and really want a chance at my 4 point  ;) :) :) :) Conner had and exciting last morning, he was in the stand about day light he heard something scratching below him , when he looked down he had a big Bob Cat climbing the tree tree he was in, he said he about wet his pants, he stomped the stand and hit on the tree and said finely the cat bailed out and almost gave him a shot, I have had squirrels /coons/hawks and even Turkey in the tree with me but a big Bob Cat never, I suspect I would have wet my pants to. :) :) All in all it was a great few days, we ate like kings of course and had lots of fellowship around the fire. I am not hunting for a few days, it is supposed to be hot here and I have a lot of work to do on my old dodge I have been putting /it finely laid down so time to fix, ;) :) :) plus got a big party today for my 3 grand kids, 2/4/6 all close together so we do 1 big party for all, it should be a fun day. I think Dave and Conner had a good time and i look forward to doing it again. Got the youth hunt next weekend and then my Fl./SC boys coming in so it will be a busy few weeks. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #19689 on: October 21, 2023, 12:48:38 pm »
We did have a great time Pappy.  Connors deer sightings were about double what you said.  He saw 22 in one sitting Tuesday evening.  He probably won't want to hunt my property anymore after the 3 days at your place.   :)  Looking forward to getting back down there at the next available chance.  Whenever that is.  Again, thank you for putting up with
us.

David

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19690 on: October 22, 2023, 04:29:28 am »
Sounds like alot of Fun ! Here Kitty-Kitty,  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19691 on: October 24, 2023, 11:58:29 am »
Really looking forward to seeing everybody. I haven't hunted much so far this year with company here and getting cataract surgery. But hitting it hard right now. The white and red oaks were late dropping this year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #19692 on: October 27, 2023, 02:41:23 am »
One of these days, I might get there!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19693 on: October 27, 2023, 09:14:46 am »
Look forward to seeing you also Eddie, Ben I hope you can make it to Tennessee someday and just maybe I can someday make it out your way, would love to see that country. :) :) I have had a good week of hunting and also working on my old truck, been hot here but the deer still doing their thing as always this time of year, been exciting, no deer yet but maybe next week. The youth hunt is this weekend so no hunting for me but got 3 kids coming and they should have an exciting weekend, the bucks are really moving right now so if we can keep the kids focused (sometimes hard to do)  :) they should do some good. My plan is to work in the shop as the dads and grand dads take the kids out and I will be there when needed to get the deer out. It is always fun when I have kids down. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #19694 on: October 28, 2023, 04:17:09 pm »
We just need to figure out a way to get Tennessee closer to Wyoming...
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour