Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4721519 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19665 on: September 27, 2023, 09:17:21 pm »
Jimmy took the early lead with 2 nice doe but that wouldn't last long. :) :) Got the Elk head finished and mounted on a walnut board cut and milled on the farm. Turned out pretty cool and Beau loved it. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:38:35 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19666 on: September 27, 2023, 09:20:51 pm »
Jesse got a couple of hides given to him and went right to work on them. Scott one of our member and his son in law got their first deer with a bow, man was they thrilled as was we for them. had 1 really nice 178 lb 10 point checked in, he gave the deer to me so lots of meat there. :)
The cooler is filling up fast. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19667 on: September 27, 2023, 09:27:15 pm »
Then the awards, that is always fun, we had deer BarBQ and all the fixings, quite the party. I finely see my first deer at 6pm Sunday evening, 9 yards and heart shot him, seen him go down, shot with my old faithful Osage selfbow. Didn't help in the contest but got done what I wanted to do, I always have the gold to kill A deer with my bow and have killed at least one for 42 years so my year just stated but fills complete. :) 100 lb spike. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:40:10 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19668 on: September 27, 2023, 09:29:23 pm »
Jesse working on hides and I have 2 ready to rack myself.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19669 on: September 27, 2023, 09:36:38 pm »
I got mine fleshed  and racked along with 2 more, Jesse got 2 done also so 5 total over the weekend and first of week, I also had 5 deer given to me plus mine so I skinned and boned them Monday and Tuesday morning and they are in the cooler on ice, now have to process and wrap, plan on that Friday and Saturday between hunts, supposed to be very hot in the evening so I will probably work on deer in the evening and just hunt the mornings. ;) Hope yall had a good one also, mine was very busy but loads of fun to boot doing what I love to do. ;) Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:41:57 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19670 on: September 27, 2023, 10:11:52 pm »
Looks like a fun weekend, Pappy. Lots of meat, lots of skins.
Say hey to Jesse for me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19671 on: September 28, 2023, 03:35:36 am »
Great Weekend, good start to the Season  :OK(=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19672 on: September 28, 2023, 07:22:12 am »
I will do that Pat, he is gone now but supposed to be back in a few weeks. Yes Bob it was a good start. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19673 on: September 29, 2023, 07:12:45 am »
Headed to the cabin for a long couple of days, got the meat draining and ready to start processing and packaging , I figure I can get it done in 8/10 hours if all goes well. Hope to hunt in the morning then it is supposed to get hot so will finish up what ever is left of the meat after the hunt. ;) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19674 on: October 02, 2023, 07:04:34 am »
Like I thought it was a long couple of days, spent all day Friday trimming and cutting up meat, Hunted Saturday morning , seen a nice little 8 point but he didn't want to come in to play, :) about 20/22 yards , a little out of my confront range then back to the cabin to package all the meat, I usually have a little help but this time guess everyone was hunting so I was on my on. 6 deer is a lot all at once but man what a load of meat. !!!!!! Had 3 coolers like this to do, I always skin/bone out and let soak in ice for 3 or 4 days draining the water and adding more ice over that time, then let it drain for at least a day , it makes the meat really clean and not such a mess to cut and package. :) Done it all in burger and steaks this time. Got about 80 lbs of burger and a cooler full of nice steaks. I need at least 50lbs for my brat making and meet that gold.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19675 on: October 02, 2023, 07:06:38 am »
Lots of good clean meat, and also the heart from the one I killed, that will be my supper Saturday night. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19676 on: October 02, 2023, 07:11:30 am »
I soaked the heart in salt water over the day and fried it up for supper Saturday night in butter/salt/pepper and garlic salt, man was it tender and tasty. Supposed to be really hot this week so don't know how much I will hunt but is supposed to cool down by the weekend, :-\ no hurry now the freezers have a good winter supply and Miss Joanie is happy  ;) :). Hope yall have a good week. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19677 on: October 08, 2023, 09:59:28 am »
At the cabin getting ready for Baggett reunion, should have 70/80 Baggett’s old and young, they love coming to this place almost as much as I love Sharing it, been a beautiful weekend, weather finally turned cooler and I got Blessed again yesterday with a big doe at 9 yards 😉. Story and pictures when I get home. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19678 on: October 08, 2023, 08:02:47 pm »
Great to see everyone getting their deer. Really looking forward to seeing everyone if I'm still included in the Florida bunch. I've got a new set of eyeballs and we have had three different friends up here since September staying with us and they all brought bows. I have been shooting non-stop.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19679 on: October 09, 2023, 07:14:32 am »
Ya Eddie it has been a good season so far, haven't been seeing many myself but taking advantage of the ones I have seen. ;) :) Had a great weekend, hunted Friday and Saturday and the Baggett reunion Sunday, had a bout 70 Baggett's , it was good seeing all them and everyone seemed to enjoy. Also ate well, Back strap each right, I am blessed to have plenty of that.  ;) Fried 1 night and grilled over the fire the next. Sister is getting fat and happy, just waiting on some more scraps.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good