Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4725319 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18720 on: March 06, 2022, 06:12:12 pm »
Had a great weekend, got a lot done around the cabin/club and a little in the shop, even made time to shoot the practice range with some buddies so good time for sure. We also got the range set for out up coming shoot coming up the 19th.Got the scales fitted/pinned and glued up on my new knife, the wood was cut behind the cabin a few years ago, not for sure what it was , but very pretty wood and grain. Also took some time for some brownie points with Miss Joanie.  ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 06:39:14 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18721 on: March 06, 2022, 06:18:38 pm »
Got the scales rough shaped and sanded also got the plug finished on my powder horn and ready to drill and pin. Then I went to work on my inside work shop, got to where you couldn't walk or find anything, took everything out and redid it all, the front 4 totes are wild turkey feathers, if anyone needs any and make the Classic, just ask and you shall receive, :)Got lefts/rights/secondaries and tail and plenty of them.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 06:40:20 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18722 on: March 06, 2022, 06:24:08 pm »
All clean and ready to work, Beau and my new tent came in, haven't set it up yet but plan to at the Classic in the pre 1840 camp the other side of the creek,14x16 white wall canvas, hope they allow a water heater on my stove. ??? :-\ I set the stove up to burn it off and check it all out, worked great and the hot water will be nice in camp. Jon showed up and we heat treated /tempered some blades for him, they are ready to put together. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 06:41:14 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18723 on: March 06, 2022, 06:27:37 pm »
Will and some buddies showed up for some flint napping, Darrel also gifted me and old hand grinder, he knows I love that old stuff. I have one almost like it but can never have to many. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18724 on: March 06, 2022, 06:37:55 pm »
Will and had done some tweaking on the snake bow, looking good so far, it had about a 90 degree propeller in one limb and with slow heating we took almost all of that out with no ruptures , these bows are bad about rupturing in the snake areas if you try twisting them straight, one of many big worries on a stave like this, but it went very well. One of Darrel's new knives, he make a beautiful knife and good at the forge. :) Hope yall had a good weekend also, weather was beautiful , now the rain is back but that's ok, got most of what I wanted to do done and fun doing it . :) :)
Life is Good.  ;)
Pappy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 06:43:08 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18725 on: March 07, 2022, 03:12:29 am »
You'll like that stove Pappy. I have a square Sheepherders Stove w/stainless water container, for My Old Timey Tent. Very nice to have HOT Water  :OK ! Saw a bunch of Skrimshawed Horns at a Black Powder show yesterday - something I would like to try. Thanks as always Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18726 on: March 07, 2022, 08:32:54 am »
Thanks Bob, this is a Davis stove , same as the tent made in Colorado , the stove seemed to work great and held a good fire for a long while and will take some pretty good size fire wood. Can't wait to get the tent set and See how it is going to work. I tried some scrimshawing but wasn't very good at it, just didn't have the patience , done a couple with air dermal and fine bit and they turned out OK . i have seen some really nice ones though which takes talent I don't have.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #18727 on: March 07, 2022, 11:13:49 am »
Guess who will be back at The Classic ? I'll be there the Saturday before.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18728 on: March 09, 2022, 08:34:28 am »
That's great news Bear, can't wait to see ya. It's been to long. Miss Joanie and I are headed to town this morning to start getting supplies, seems they are short so we are starting early  ;) takes a lot of supplies to feed that bunch. ;) :) Got 2 new freezers coming also so need to get them filled.The 2 old ones finely gave up so it is time. ??? Seems it is always something  ??? Also we have an open shoot Saturday the 19th so  need a little stuff for that. The grand kids aren't coming until tomorrow so we decided to get this shopping done today, I hate shopping but it's got to be done.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18729 on: March 11, 2022, 08:09:28 am »
Headed to the cabin for a couple of days, we have a shoot next weekend and are going to try and get the ranges set before the bad weather hit tonight and tomorrow, supposed to be in the low 20's and snow, go figure 60's today and clear, it's March in Tennessee, it happens now and then. At least we aren't having the shoot Tomorrow. ;) I have a few other projects I am working on but most of my time will be spent getting things ready around the place. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18730 on: March 13, 2022, 06:24:57 pm »
Great weekend even with the snow and cold, got a few things finished up for my Flint lock tool kit and we managed to get the range set for next Saturdays shoot and a really good time around the fire. We got about 5 inches of snow Friday night and the high for Saturday was in the mid 20's so a big change from Fridays high in the high 60's. It came in a hurry also. Got my little powder pan loader finished, works nice and will help keep me from over loading the pan.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18731 on: March 13, 2022, 06:27:37 pm »
Also got my quick loader finished, holds 7 shots, took some time to figure out the right size hole, not to large and not to small to hold the ball and patch. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18732 on: March 13, 2022, 06:30:22 pm »
Last brush pile burned up and all the wood cleaned up before the big snow came in, it was green Cherry and we like to have never got it to burn, just kept at it and finely got it done.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18733 on: March 13, 2022, 06:34:00 pm »
Got my powder horn done also, all but sealing it up and lanyard made. Then the snow came, we couldn't get out on the range so we just cooked up a big breakfast in the kitchen, great fellowship. :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 06:42:06 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18734 on: March 13, 2022, 06:36:14 pm »
Good fire and cold shop work. Will showed up and worked on the snake bow and got another one started, it is much straighter. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good