Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4718733 times)

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16470 on: February 25, 2019, 02:23:23 pm »
Pond is looking good Pappy.  Good to see you Saturday.  I sent that spaulted wood with Brandon yesterday since I didn't get it to you before you left Saturday.  Have a good one.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16471 on: February 27, 2019, 05:10:50 am »
Thanks Dave, looking forward to seeing it, ya we slipped out pretty early Saturday, Beau had an appointment to be at. :) Had a great couple of beautiful days with sun and warm temps. Still trying to get caught up on my hide work. Got 2 of the 3 I had on the rack hair scraped and 1 to go, doing that today before the rain returns tomorrow and over the weekend  :( then the LAST 3 on the rack to dry. That will make 11 ready to tan
which I can do anytime. I have some other things I need to be doing so will probably take a short break once I get these all ready to tan. Man it has been a job and don't plan on letting them build up like that again.3 or 4 a year is enough.I have only finished 3 because I have been spending all my time just getting the others ready. This is Margaret Ann Wednesday and can hardly wait to see her smiling face, so just plan on being at the farm long enough to get the 1 scraped and all off the racks and rolled up. Yall have a great day. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16472 on: March 01, 2019, 03:28:20 am »
Friday and headed to the farm for a few days, TwinOaks is setting up at the Tuckysee outdoor show this weekend, we are loading up this evening and setting up early in the morning, that is always fun, we set up right across from Bryan Ferguson so get to watch all his shows, always a lot of interest in what we do so get to talk to a lot of folks and try to pass it on. ;) :) Some get it and some don't but that is always the way.  ??? Other than that I have a few projects going on so should be a fun weekend. Hope yall have a great one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16473 on: March 04, 2019, 05:31:48 am »
Great weekend, I will have a few pictures up as soon as I get them sized, running a little behind after a long day at the outdoor show yesterday. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16474 on: March 04, 2019, 01:05:11 pm »
Hides hides and more hides, y'all are probably getting as tired of them as I am. Down to 2 too flesh /rack and at least get into rawhide, that will be 16 for this year.  ??? Did finely get both my freezers cleaned out, man the stuff I found. Spent all day Friday and most of Saturday skinning and getting stuff fleshed and either dried or salted where I can keep it without the freezer. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 01:31:06 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16475 on: March 04, 2019, 01:07:18 pm »
GregB showed up to do some knife work, couple of skins off the board and another knife stand for my last knife.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16476 on: March 04, 2019, 01:09:49 pm »
Couple of knives on the new stands, also put a couple of handles on 2 nock files. Beautiful spring like day, sure ant like that today, 17 this morning and 30 for the high and supposed to be that way for a few days. ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16477 on: March 04, 2019, 01:13:04 pm »
Butter cups are out in force, I also was inspired by Brian's post and took a picture of my big Cotton  wood tree, not as big as the Oak but big enough to get in out of the rain. Also Shawn knew how much skinning I have been doing so he made and gifted me a capping knife, works great. Thanks Shawn.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 01:17:09 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16478 on: March 04, 2019, 01:18:27 pm »
Another blade in the works and Bill and Shawn working on some Osage bows, looking good so far. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16479 on: March 04, 2019, 01:20:49 pm »
Blade roughed out, Last of my freezer stuff ??? Sally just hanging out hoping for scraps. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16480 on: March 04, 2019, 01:23:26 pm »
Went early Saturday morning to help set up for the outdoor show in Clarksville. Lots if folks looking and asking question, could have sold everything we had, but stuff was to look at not buy.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16481 on: March 04, 2019, 01:25:58 pm »
Then back to the cabin for a day of skinning, a lady I go to church raises snakes or at least use to, now they have about 100 and as they die she gives them to me, some big some small but all cool looking.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16482 on: March 04, 2019, 01:30:27 pm »
The last picture above was Shawn's hog he took a few months ago. Alligator hides and 8 feet, beaver tail and another deer hide racked, long day but got most in pretty good shape. It was a busy but fun weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16483 on: March 05, 2019, 12:53:36 am »
Thanks Pappy ! Sure would be nice to be sitin by that Fire again  (=)  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16484 on: March 05, 2019, 04:01:12 am »
Yep, hope you can make it back someday, loved the time we had visiting together. Fire will feel good this morning, 15 here now and warming up to a whopping 37 today.  ;) and more rain by the weekend. ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good