Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4714691 times)

Offline _Jon_

Re: Life is good
« Reply #15075 on: August 28, 2017, 01:20:25 pm »
Looks like you had a wonderful time.  See ya next weekend ole friend.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15076 on: August 29, 2017, 02:44:35 am »
I will be there Jon. Looks like rain here for the next few days, maybe it will dry up a bit by the weekend, time to get some hunting arrows tuned and ready for action. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15077 on: August 29, 2017, 05:14:27 am »
Looks like a fun trip Pappy.  I've seen those buffalo at LBL.   I had to take a KY licensing test there for work.  I was driving the plant managers work truck and I hit every buffalo pile on the road during that loop through the preserve   >:D   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15078 on: August 29, 2017, 05:55:49 am »
       Wow, nothing boring about that Pappy. Looks like a full schedule to me. Sure glad it wasn't spray painted and vandalized yet. I really don't think any of us, black, white, north, south young or old can really truly grasp the conditions and turmoil these People lived through. Many times  members of the same family on opposite sides. It wasn't the first Civil War in the world and it won't be the last. I'm not trying to make a political statement, just saying this "yankee" appreciates the little history tour.
       That some pretty good $$$ for those anvils, they look just like the one we have in our shop. Maybe a little cleaner.
       Now you know what one of those Elk look like so no excuses. ;)
Thanks for sharing your weekend and anniversary with us Pappy
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15079 on: August 29, 2017, 08:01:20 am »
Yep BJ it was tough for both sides, I love to read about and see the History of it and realize what the average man on both sides went through and also realize that it was way more to it than what is talked about now days. Yes the prices for anvils are out of site, like I told someone there, if I had only known 40 years ago, you could get them for nothing to just haul them off. I really want a big one for our soon to be Black smith shop but for now I will have to make do with my section of rail road rail. ;) :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #15080 on: August 30, 2017, 05:10:17 pm »
Pappy how big a anvil you wanting and what kind of price range you thinking
there are still a few floating about out here in the back woods if you want me to keep an eye open
coarse you'll have to come get it if I find one to suite ya
take care and thanks for sharing your pics with us
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline DC

« Reply #15081 on: August 30, 2017, 06:36:14 pm »
It's really expensive to mail those suckers. On the up side you don't have to worry about them breaking it. Instead of a fragile sticker you could have one that says"Fly at'ter boys"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15082 on: August 30, 2017, 09:26:08 pm »
Pappy, what's a crying shame is to imagine how many were hauled off to the scrap yard 40 years ago when they were cheap. If you get a chance, check out the Confederate Fort just north of Fort Knox. It sits on top of the bluff above the Ohio River. They have the graves of the soldiers that died from the flu and cold and the underground, one man, heated, holes they slept in. It was an artillery unit put there to control the river and they never fired a shot at a Union boat.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15083 on: August 31, 2017, 03:50:47 am »
I will do that Eddie, I love going and looking at the places , yep that was part of the problem the South didn't control the water ways very well. Guy thanks, I am not sure on the size but I think a 100/200 lb. would work fine. Not sure on cost but we was thinking 2 or 3 hundred dollars, boy was I wrong, if you run across a del please let me know, good reason to make a trip North. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #15084 on: August 31, 2017, 07:53:36 am »
Eddie
If your talking about Fort Duffield it was a Union Fort
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15085 on: August 31, 2017, 08:03:39 am »
Bill, just asked the wife and yea, that's the one I was talking about. I thought it was a Confederate Fort but she said it was Union and that it was unusual because of the small group of  troops stayed there and were never attacked. We went there when my son was at Ft. Knox for Basic Training.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #15086 on: August 31, 2017, 08:36:57 am »
Yep. The ones who died there died while they were building it.   It was an earthen Fort
Cool stuff
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15087 on: September 01, 2017, 03:00:19 am »
Friday and it is pouring rain here today and all last night, shop was flooded this morning, something really nice to come into, ???  anyway ,all is good and sure could be a lot worse, look at Huston and then you will feel blessed. :) I got a Doctors [MRI ] this morning ay 8am then off to the Cabin. We have a working/meeting tomorrow morning to get ready for the 25th White tail Classic on the 9th Sept. then Beau and I plan on checking and setting up some stands to get ready for the upcoming season. Also hope to get some arrows tuned and ready to go for at least a couple of bows. That is if the rain will stop or at least slow down, if not I should have plenty of shop time. Hope yall have a good one also. 3 day weekend for me.  ;) :) :)  Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #15088 on: September 01, 2017, 08:17:54 am »
That Harvey wont quit. Sitting on us Volunteers now. Have a small pond where my garden was!
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15089 on: September 05, 2017, 02:20:49 am »
Had a great long weekend, got all my bush hogging done, all my stands checked and 1 more put up so feel pretty good about the opening weekend coming up. I have 11 sites set up and ready to hunt. Also had some time in the shop, hard to beat that. Here are a few pictures of the fun. When I first got there seem some damage from the storm, couple of trees down going into the practice range, several jumped in and cleaned up the mess. The girls Hunting around for some bones and I started a couple of rings, made from spoon handles, Miss Joanie seen some of them on out trip and I decided they couldn't be that hard to make. Yes another project. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good