Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711058 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1425 on: May 06, 2008, 10:13:50 pm »
Awhhh Eddie they gotcha....when you were in a weak Way....had to stay cause the Wife was there....!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Minuteman

« Reply #1426 on: May 06, 2008, 10:16:32 pm »
Yeah, Eddie's got black hair and he's 6'4".... eeyup and he likes his june bugs marinated! :o Did seem like the kinda feller that could hit ya in the jaw three times before you knew what hit ya though. ;)
  I told some fellas at work about the bug thing and they shook their heads and said "What kinda folks you hangin out with Parker? Still wanna see the arrow catching thing though. It was good to meet all my long lost cousins, with that many Parkers there I'm surprised there wasn't any trouble!.
 Brian (Koan ) and Mike( Auggie) you guys were a non stop laugh fest. Had a ball shooting that part of the range in the dark with ya. Still think we need to do the WHOLE  thing in the dark next year.
  I also wanna say thanks to Pappy and his whole crew for their hospitality. They really do make every one feel at home and make sure everybody has what they need. They cooked  27  deer shoulders I was told, for the potluck saturday night and it was some of the best meat I have ever eaten.  There was some kinda sausage their that was like summer sausage but was cooked. Delicious! It was all good and there was always someone manning the concession stand when ya needed them.Just having the folks willing to put forth the effort is a testimony to how serious these guys are about putting on a great shoot and an even better bowmaking  get together.
 Hope the feather grinding jigs give you many years of service, Pappy. Lemme know if ya wear 'em out.  See ya next year.
 Chris

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #1427 on: May 06, 2008, 10:19:18 pm »
Pappy......you just let me know when it's going to be Next Year....cause I am coming too....and I hope that Dana comes back....and I am going to try to get on of my Troll Friends to come also....so Tennessee Beware.....next Year!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1428 on: May 06, 2008, 10:20:46 pm »
 Pappy, I think both of us are lucky. I  didn't get to talk to your wife much because everytime I had a chance she was working so hard.  Bear, I thought you were a gentle old soul and didn't know about yalls reputation.But I didn't know yall were from Ohio,though ;)

David, I did feel kinda like the Patriarch, guess because I'm older ;D,after hanging out together so much ,it's funny we aren't related. And now another one registered today. Cowboy, Man, you are welcome anytime.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cookwood

« Reply #1429 on: May 06, 2008, 11:10:09 pm »
Thanks to all of the Twin Oaks folks.  What a great time.  The family will be coming along next year.  I can't wait to get the wife and boys up there running with the pack.  A special thanks to Pappy for the great hospitality, Greg for the tutorship and the bow, Grant for the cooking, and the rest for great companionship.  There are not too many places a fella can go by himself with several hundred other folks and feel right at home.  Thanks again for the good times.  Life is Great!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1430 on: May 07, 2008, 12:00:58 am »
Thanks Eddie, man if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll be stopping by!!
 Didn't think it was right to just show the first in a round of pic's with SarahAnne and Tina (Hillbilly's wife) in the background planning their attack on our fine photo op. I think Sarah was the instigator all along >:D ;D ;D.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #1431 on: May 07, 2008, 12:13:14 am »
Here's one of Dana, Me, Cowboy and Eddie.
Oldbow and Pat.
Greg B and D. Tiller with the nice bow he made while he was there.
Hole in the bow Chuck, working on one of those super challenging staves.
My brother Greg, shootin a little.
Just a few of the PA members sitting around the campfire relaxing and enjoying good company.

Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1432 on: May 07, 2008, 01:17:39 am »
Some great pic's Shannon - keep em coming. I'm still living the moment, kinda like a good vacation you never want to end ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #1433 on: May 07, 2008, 01:40:49 am »
You got it Cowboy, hard to let it go so I don't even try. Just cherish the moments so they can be pulled back up and replayed. Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #1434 on: May 07, 2008, 01:43:59 am »
Pappy.......How far are you from Paris..I have a Freind that I work with that grew up there and moved here....but all of His Kids and ex wife still live there
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #1435 on: May 07, 2008, 02:22:43 am »
You got it brother!
 Marie working like a beaver on her new bow.
Another one of Eddies wife, SarahAnne, Paul and Eddie. Did ya'll know that SarahAnne can burp her name? >:D
Gregs expression right after someone whispered the word "food"
The O'Sullivan clan. The prettiest one is getting her beauty sleep.
 And finally, one of the campfire.
  In the words of Delmar on OH Brother Where Art Thou, "That's all I got" :)  Saw Filer

Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1436 on: May 07, 2008, 03:15:01 am »
more! More! MORE!!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1437 on: May 07, 2008, 07:08:42 am »
Glad you made it home alright Tiller ,Greg is going to get the bows to you as soon as he can.
Glad everyone had a great time and now it is back to just Life is Good,not life is unbelievably
great.Great bunch of Guys and gals,it is like we have known each other forever.Funny how
that is. Wished we could do that every weekend,but I don't think this old body could handle it. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1438 on: May 07, 2008, 09:19:27 am »
Some great pic's Shannon - keep em coming. I'm still living the moment, kinda like a good vacation you never want to end

I know what you mean...I keep talking about it at work, and everyone keeps trying to bring me back to earth. I'm struggling to stay aloft! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1439 on: May 07, 2008, 11:07:27 am »
I think I'm almost recovered, I have some pictures to post, if I can stay awake after work I will see about getting some more up.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI