Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4719241 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13125 on: January 25, 2016, 04:27:31 am »
The snow just kept coming, we got about 6 or 7 inches with a little ice to start it off. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13126 on: January 25, 2016, 04:30:57 am »
Will's brother showed up for the weekend from AK. to visit. They get snow like this but it's flat land where he is from, a little different for sure. :) some fresh brats for supper[yum] and some hanging out and shooting the bull around the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13127 on: January 25, 2016, 04:34:26 am »
Beau and Christina showed up. Kevin got out the new John Deer and done some drive cleaning.
That sure will do the trick. :) Me doing a little bow work. :) This was before I knew what the stave had in store for me. :o
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:01:22 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13128 on: January 25, 2016, 04:36:24 am »
Beau doing some snow boarding. Looked like fun but I sure wasn't going to try that. :) I am smarter than I look. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13129 on: January 25, 2016, 04:40:21 am »
More snow boarding , just this time on a bigger hill. I made Woody this plaque with a Cain arrow/flint point and Turkey feathers in 1999, Something got to the feathers and he ask if I could repair it, I did and he is very happy with it now. ;) I made it as a gift for a good friend and he still is that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13130 on: January 25, 2016, 04:43:20 am »
Me blowing up my Osage, I just happen to have another limb and tried Pearl's trick on getting the wood out of an old take down sleeve, worked great so now maybe these to limbs will get a second chance when I get it the mood to work on them. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:02:53 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13131 on: January 25, 2016, 04:46:57 am »
I just grabbed another stave and went at it, almost back to where I was before the other blew. Then My niece Issi showed up to do some sledding, very sweet little girl and she loves the farm and her uncle Mark. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13132 on: January 25, 2016, 04:54:43 am »
All good, I get home and have a box from TX. It was a Cain arrow for display from Arvin and Deb. Thanks a lot Arvin it will go in a special place in the cabin. He also sent some money to help sponsor the Self bow shoot down at the IBO traditional world, we done that last year with the top 10 self bow scores and it went very good so we plan on doing it again, it is sponsored by the self bow side of TwinOaks/C&D archery and Arvin and Deb. Thanks to all that help with this. That's it for the weekend. Good time but I am ready for the snow to leave, it can come back on the weekend if it wants, but I am at work now and it really stinks when you are trying to run a bunch of trucks in this stuff. Hope yall had a good one. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:04:58 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13133 on: January 25, 2016, 09:21:18 am »
All that snow makes the farm look different instead of rain running thru the center.  Looking out the window at my new snow machine setting on the grass makes me want to do a snow dance.  Mountain is bare.  The meat looks great.  The fellows dressed up like they were in Prudoe Bay makes me laugh!  Bet Beau did his boarding at the Veda Voo ski run when he was in Laramie.  That busted limb looks like one of my better efforts! Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13134 on: January 25, 2016, 02:49:45 pm »
Sure glad to see ya sharing that snow, looks real good in Tenn. We lucked out and just got a little wind and no snow, Brats look real good and sure likin you guys displaying the real fur hats, the fur market is in the tank so a little promo sure doesn't hurt nothing, I bet there real nice and warm also. Bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13135 on: January 25, 2016, 09:57:54 pm »
Yea, Joe, I was checking out the Winter clothes, With all the mis-matched gear I bet they dug all of the cold weather stuff out from the last twenty years.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13136 on: January 26, 2016, 04:34:15 am »
Very true Eddie, but ha most of my cloth are 20+ years old anyway. Bob my hat came from
Glenn in NY from Hawkeye, he made it out of  Beaver, I love it but only pull it out when it is really cold, you talk about warm. Glenn can make about anything and by the way he can cook also. ;) :D :D Didn't get much done at the shop yesterday but did get my name for the PA bow trade so I picked out a nice 15 year old Osage stave that I plan on making him a nice hunting bow out of, you all know my bows, not to pretty but a good tool to kill stuff with. ;) :) I hope our snow is over for a while, supposed to be in the 60's by the weekend and rain today and Thursday, you talk about sloppy around here, it will be for sure. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13137 on: January 28, 2016, 04:07:16 am »
Well no time in the shop yesterday, spent a lovely day at Vanderbilt to see if anything can be done about my hearing. As many know I lost most in my left ear 3 or 4 years ago. Sometime around New years I starting having trouble with my right. It turned into a bad ear infection. When the infection was taken care of I had lost according to the test about 40 to 50% in my good ear. The doc said he didn't think this one had nerve damage but I had fluid in my middle ear, so now I feel like a KID, they put a tube in that ear yesterday and 10 days of steroids. :) :) Amazing it feels much better already , don't feel like I am in a 55 gallon drum and can hear better already. The kicker is I have had this BAD lower back pain since I rolled the Kobota ATV almost 3 weeks ago and couldn't get anything to ease it, now this morning It feels great, don't know how long that will last but at this point I will take it. ;) Sometimes the Good Lord just feel sorry for poor souls like me and gets me to the right Doctor that seems to really know what he is doing. I thank him for that. :) The Doc also said they had something new that he thought he could restore some or maybe even most of the hearing in my bad ear, going to look into that in 4 weeks when I go back for my checkup. Look out Turkeys if I get my hearing back. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13138 on: January 28, 2016, 04:24:44 am »
Pappy:  Its no fun when our body parts decide to shut down or act up!  My wife is scheduled for back surgery the 3rd of Feb.  Our daughter is flying out from Oregon to help a few days so I will have help around the place.  Maybe you should think about just cooling it for a few days just to let your body catch up!  Nobody works harder than you around the farm!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13139 on: January 28, 2016, 05:01:21 am »
I am afraid if I stop moving Joe I may never get started back up again.  ;) :) Good luck with her surgery Joe. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :) Keep us updated on how she is doing. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good