Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711123 times)

iowabow and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13050 on: January 05, 2016, 10:50:46 am »
Got me one of them pocket .380's as a Christmas present, too!  Good luck with the new stuffer!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #13051 on: January 05, 2016, 12:51:59 pm »
Pappy, I'm sure your brats will turn out great. the way Beau is in the woods... you should have tried to get a stuffer made out of a 55 gallon drum. lol K. Hills

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13052 on: January 05, 2016, 07:34:35 pm »
Well, if the Brats come out that good I can't wait to try them. Hunted again in Ga. this past weekend. First time I've sat in a "primo" stand 13.5 hours and never saw a deer. 3400 miles this year and no deer. Our season goes till Feb. 22 but I'm not holding my breath. And thanks again for the picture, Pappy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13053 on: January 06, 2016, 04:42:08 am »
That is what I was thinking Kevin. :o You are welcome Eddie. ;) Picked up my present yesterday, I really like it. Not sure on how good it is but took Grant's recommendation and bought it. I am not as most know a gun guy as most of you know so I have to rely on what someone that does know tells me and he knows guns. It is a 380 auto/Diamondback made in Cocoa, FL. so it can't all be bad. ??? Lite and small that's what I wanted.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #13054 on: January 06, 2016, 10:54:12 am »
Those are reliable concealed carry guns that don't have unnecessary features or an excessive price point.  I think you'll like it a lot.  It prints in the pocket even less than my little Bodyguard .380.  It has an ingenious trigger system that I was quite impressed with.  I've fired my buddy's and was impressed with the trigger pull on a dedicated concealed carry weapon.  In my experience most concealed carry triggers are CRAP, owing I think to the fact that a high degree of accuracy is not really possible with such small weapons.  ...but this one felt good - maybe even REAL good.

I think you will really enjoy this little gun Pappy...

OneBow

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13055 on: January 07, 2016, 04:34:46 am »
Thanks OneBow, I shot it yesterday and do pretty good at 10/15 yards and that is all I want.
It is what they call a get off of me gun. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13056 on: January 07, 2016, 07:12:26 am »
Looks like the Keltec The wife has, also made in Cocoa.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13057 on: January 08, 2016, 04:47:17 am »
Friday again, they seem to come pretty fast now days. I am headed to the cabin for a busy weekend. I have a youth hunt going on[not sure how many] and also TwinOaks annual squirrel
hunt which is always a fun get together. :) Also Beau and I plan on trying our hand at making brats out of the 2 deer he killed Saturday. I got them boned and in the cooler just waiting on us. ;) I have a few other project I want to get on if time allows.  :-\The regular hunting season ended last Sunday and we have had a week on private land doe only, so I decided yesterday to take out the old 3.06 . Seen 3 doe about 4pm yesterday and had one in the scope 3 times, just couldn't pull the trigger, What is wrong with me. :-\ So I decided that was it for me for this year. Been a good year, freezer is full so no complaints . Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13058 on: January 08, 2016, 05:30:19 am »
Congrats on a good season in the face of adversity, Pappy. One you will remember, I am sure.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #13059 on: January 08, 2016, 09:24:25 am »
Dang, had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago, 4 does in front of me at 30 yards, wide open, one was a monster, I needed meat but couldn't pull the trigger(flintlock). I thought, I will whack one later, it is too hot, I don't want to fool with one tonight etc. Today is the last day and the "whack one later" never happened.

Offline StevenT

« Reply #13060 on: January 08, 2016, 10:09:35 am »
I also can relate. The last Doe I shot was pretty close to 40 years ago. Haven't shot one since and never plan to again. It's a personal decision and I don't find anything wrong with it at all.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13061 on: January 08, 2016, 10:30:59 am »
My problem is not shooting a doe, its getting to my stand to begin with.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online iowabow

« Reply #13062 on: January 10, 2016, 06:47:16 pm »
-3 out so I sat today out and made arrows for next hunting season.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13063 on: January 11, 2016, 04:56:27 am »
What a great weekend. I spent a little time in the shop but most was stuffing brats and just hanging out. We had the TwinOaks Squirrel hunt this weekend and also the last deer hunt for the year [youth] Only had 1 youth [Case Harris]  he started there when he was 6 years old and killed his first deer that year, then finished there now at 16 and Killed old gimpy. :) Great kid.
We also got a lot more wood cut, Scott/Bill and Linda are cutting machines. :) Here are some pictures of the fun. Wood pile looking better, we needed it for sure, down to 10 here last night. Burrrrrrrrr. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13064 on: January 11, 2016, 04:58:23 am »
More wood hauled, Cedar for getting the fire going and smells good to boot. GregB still at his knife building and me working on a new sledge handle. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good