Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720385 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12885 on: November 16, 2015, 05:20:34 am »
Chuck decided to make an ax handle for one of the heads I got on Miss Joanie and my anniversary trip. Turned out very nice. I told him where else would folks spend an evening making something to just give away,  :) special place and folks that hang out there for sure.
Bill and Linda just relaxing around the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12886 on: November 16, 2015, 05:24:51 am »
Geoff came in for a 30 day leave, I ask where he has been and he would just say east. :-\ he is in 5th group so probably ant good where ever he has been and all need to keep them in our thoughts and prayers. :) He is a great guy and I have really missed him. :) The ax handle finished ,it turned out great, thanks Chuck. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12887 on: November 16, 2015, 05:27:36 am »
A couple of nice deer came in from some friends,140 inch 9 point and a 150 class 10 point, both killed with smoke poles but great deer just the same.  ;)Hope yall had a good one,
that's it for this week, it was a great time. :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12888 on: November 16, 2015, 06:31:08 am »
Beau and I had a cool encounter Saturday morning while tracking His Buck,it wasn't bleeding much so we went to the last place he saw him and started there,we were in a shallow hollow and decide for me to take one side and him the other,it runs a couple hundered yard and our plan was to just ease down in and look for blood or the deer. We had went only 75/80 yards when he hit his knee, I thought he had see the Buck ,but it was 3 doe just feeding along, they came with in 15 yards and never knew we were there, pretty cool and I just could not stand not getting a picture. You can see the deer I circled on the photo. Stuff like that is what make being in the woods so special and memories made. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:21:22 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #12889 on: November 16, 2015, 06:39:50 am »
Looks like you guys are having a great fall Pappy and putting a lot of venison in the freezer as well. I haven't been over to this thread in a while to see all the happening at Twin Oaks, good to see everything is well except for you having to sit out the hunting season. Lots of activity there in paradise just the same, it really is a good life you fellas have there. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12890 on: November 16, 2015, 11:50:17 am »
Looks like a good one, Pappy.  I'm driving up to Nashville on Friday arriving Saturday to spend time/hunt with Cody Scott, Mike's son.  I hope to get my first deer.  Cody got a nice buck as Saturday morning.
1’—>1’

Offline Otis

« Reply #12891 on: November 16, 2015, 12:00:56 pm »
As usual, another great weekend at Twin Oaks. Tell Beau congrats again.  Great buck!  Pappy, don't push it with the arm.  Hate to see you back in to get it repaired before it heals right.
We didn't get any deer this weekend.  Lots of shooting going on around us but nobody hunting with us killed one.  Oh well, that's why they call it hunting.  Are you wanting any more hides if I can
neck shoot one or two. :)

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12892 on: November 17, 2015, 03:55:10 am »
 Greg it was a great time for sure, always enjoy time with my boy and good friends. ;)Dave thanks but my freezer is full, I plan on starting some soon but until I do I have no place for them. :) Great Steve, come by and see us if you get the time. You hunting with a bow or breaking out the big guns, it opens this weekend here so it should be lively. ??? What did Cody get and was he bow hunting or smoke pole ? Hadn't heard from Mike, he usually will call with an update on how their year is going. :)Finished boiling out the deer heads yesterday and got them cleaned up a bit, now to get the meat cut up and wrapped, that will be a big job. ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #12893 on: November 17, 2015, 07:14:58 am »
Okay Pappy.  Forgot to ask you when I was down there couple weeks ago.  Was having too much fun.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12894 on: November 17, 2015, 05:25:08 pm »
Sounds like another great weekend. Man, that buck of Beau's is a real "Hoss", what a neck on him. I wish you'd send some of that cold weather down here. We've had record high temperatures since October 28, still hitting high 80's, low 90's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #12895 on: November 17, 2015, 05:59:22 pm »
   you people, club members and extended club members >:D have been the best example of community I have ever encountered. mister blackman and geof it was a pleasure to see and visit w/you both. again thank you for your service.

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #12896 on: November 18, 2015, 10:02:36 am »
Was great to see alot of people around the fire pit this weekend.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12897 on: November 19, 2015, 04:26:05 am »
Yep that is always fun, we don't do that enough anymore. :) Got the 2 racks I was mounting done yesterday, they turned out nice Hope Beau and Det likes them. Also got the deer meat draining and ready to cut and package this evening. Big job when you have 3 to do  ;)I say every time I ant going to get behind like that again but always seem to. :-\ ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12898 on: November 20, 2015, 04:17:52 am »
FRIDAY, I am so glad ,been a long week here at work and I am ready for a get away. Got all the deer worked up and wrapped last evening, only took about 4 hours ??? but lots of fresh venison in the freezer so that is what counts. I am headed to the cabin  when I get away from here and plan on a relaxing weekend. They are supposed to deliver My tractor today and plan on playing with it a bit and if I can draw my bow do a little hunting. The orange army will be out in force this weekend so it should get interesting. I swear every year I am staying in bed and covering my ears but always seem to go out any way. :) The deer should be moving and the weather looks great. BigA /KeithV/ GregB all connected on bucks yesterday evening. Keith 8 point 138 lbs/GregB 6 point 143 lbs and BigA spike 110 lbs. so the cooler is filling up again. Congrats guys nice hunting. The only pictures I have is of GregB 's where he found it. Nice buck. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mscott

« Reply #12899 on: November 20, 2015, 04:35:54 am »
Hi pappy Cody got 6 point I got 4 point mike Conkle got 140 class 8 point field dress 180 lb.
Glad you are better for old man.
|)
|) () \/\/  /\/\ /-\ |\/  /\/\|KE