Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720359 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12855 on: November 10, 2015, 08:44:51 am »
Wishing I was still there. Back in the 90's down here and hard to get motivated to go out hunting this weekend with the heat and mosquitos.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12856 on: November 10, 2015, 09:47:48 am »
Sure is good to have you and the pics back. Thanks.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #12857 on: November 11, 2015, 03:29:13 am »
I agree - Glad to see You back in the Saddle Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12858 on: November 11, 2015, 04:39:37 am »
Glad to be back and glad yall enjoy. Jimmy Blackmon [Ranger B] on here came in from Washington DC last evening for a couple of speeches for Veterans day and do a little hunting and setting around the fire. :) He said he really needed this. ;) [ By the way God bless all our vets and thanks for your service and sacrifice] He and Beau are at the Cabin and I expect they will have a good week together. Beau went out yesterday evening and seen 12 doe and 2 bucks,1 was chasing so I guess it's on now. ;) :) The weather looks pretty good after this evening's storms that are supposed to come through. I wished I could be there but still need to make a living so I guess it will be Friday before I get a chance to go down again to hang out. :(
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #12859 on: November 11, 2015, 06:03:27 am »
Good to hear Jimmy made it there.  I've been gone a week and it seems like a month.  Wish I was back down there to Eddie.  Pappy, tell everyone
hey from this Yankee.  Good luck this weekend to you and everyone.  Was suppose to have been off Monday and today to take Debbie hunting
but, that didn't work out due to a thing called work. 

David

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12860 on: November 11, 2015, 06:26:09 am »
Pappy:  I went to the library yesterday and asked if they could order a copy of Jimmy's new book and they said it was not out yet.  Would you please ask him for me when it will be on the market?  On one of my trips to the Classic, the year I made off with one of your bows, Jimmy gave and signed his first book to me.  I never made it home with it.  Thanks!  The deer are chasing big time here and we have one really nice big heavy horned buck and several smaller ones back and forth thru the yard.  No tag, but its fun to watch all the action!  Hope you do well and I know with Beau, Jimmy, and yourself the deer will catch hell!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12861 on: November 12, 2015, 04:35:55 am »
Joe I talked to Jimmy yesterday setting around the fire. He said he would take care of you. His new book can be preordered but is not out yet be he would get you his first and as soon as the new one get out he would get you that one also. He seems to be staying pretty busy with is job but I will be sure and remind him. ;) :) Man I hate not being down there, they are having to much fun and the deer are really starting to move right now. One more day and I can't wait.
On a side note I bought me another tractor yesterday/2012 John Deer 50-75 with a front end loader,400 hours on it but seems to be in like new shape. Anyone had any dealing with one of these ? Everyone told me don't get one without a loader so we will see if I use it as much as everyone says I will. :-\ Supposed to be delivered Monday or Tuesday. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #12862 on: November 12, 2015, 08:56:49 am »
Front end loaders, I love mine! I had it put on after I had my tractor for 5 years or so, I wish I had it from day one.

When I bought the loader I thought I would take it off when I didn't need it, it has never been off my tractor, it is that handy.

Yesterday I needed fire wood for a family reunion at a state park, and knew where a walnut had fallen down the hill from the house.  Rough, steep land with lots of downed, rotten trees in the way. I headed toward the walnut across the hillside, cut the stuff I couldn't ride over with a chainsaw, I put my bucket down and pushed the dead logs out of the way and made a crude road to the walnut tree.

I loaded my bucket full of firewood and had to back out because turning around on the hillside wasn't possible. Three more trips in and out and I had all the firewood I needed.

Get some of these logging tongs and you can move some serious logs around.

You will use your bucket more than any other implement on your tractor, especially for firewood hauling.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:00:55 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12863 on: November 12, 2015, 09:05:49 am »
Thanks Eric, I got to have a set of them log tongs. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12864 on: November 12, 2015, 09:31:03 am »
What you think ? Lots of good tractors out there but my family for as long as I can remember has always run Green so I wanted to follow in the family tradition. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12865 on: November 12, 2015, 10:53:37 am »
That tractor looks good on you, Pappy. I think I'd keep the bucket on too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #12866 on: November 12, 2015, 11:47:47 am »
At first you will run the bucket into trees and buildings while making turns. After a while you will know where it is in front of you and not nick stuff anymore.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12867 on: November 12, 2015, 02:59:48 pm »
Nice tractor Pappy. Did you get a Green hat, also?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12868 on: November 12, 2015, 03:53:54 pm »
Pappy:  Can you drop the bucket and put on some fork lift type forks?  They really come in handy when you can put things on a pallet and move them around.  It only takes me minutes to change from the bucket to the forks.  Also have a ball that I can bolt on to the bucket.  You can move anything with a ball hitch without getting off the tractor.  Looks like you made a good buy!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline bubby

« Reply #12869 on: November 12, 2015, 08:43:40 pm »
Joe they make forks that work with the bucket we just used a digging bar for a pin
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹