Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711410 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12555 on: August 03, 2015, 08:46:56 am »
Some pretty good shooting and more friends showing up.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12556 on: August 03, 2015, 08:48:13 am »
And still more friends. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12557 on: August 03, 2015, 08:51:11 am »
Lots of cooking and just hanging out,very relaxing time for sure. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12558 on: August 03, 2015, 08:54:31 am »
Lots even managed to get some bow work done, I didn't get much time in the bow area but checked in once in a while and them boys were like a machine. :) Several from PA. there and man did they stay busy. :)Hope yall had a good one. Life is Good. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12559 on: August 03, 2015, 10:34:51 am »
Thanks for taking us along, Pappy.

blackhawk

« Reply #12560 on: August 03, 2015, 11:41:20 am »
Thanks for the pics pappy...as always good to see ya again my friend.  :) ...till next time.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12561 on: August 03, 2015, 02:32:27 pm »
Whoever was playing the horn over there had it going on. I was loving hearing the voices, guitars and horn. That "band" is talented.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #12562 on: August 03, 2015, 06:45:09 pm »
Pappy, after the last couple of super busy months for you ...... you DESERVED some relaxation!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12563 on: August 04, 2015, 04:58:37 am »
Thanks guys it was a great time for sure, Pearl you are right the guys were great this year and the horn guy was named Louie so that should be easy to remember and fit right in after a few songs. The really special time was also when on Saturday night Beau done his song the Flag for Dick Caragan ,he is a 90 year old vet from WW2 and was at Normand in the 3rd wave and several other big battles in France and Europe . We meet him many years ago in Elm Hall, he makes and shoots Walnut bow for the most part and is very much a hero in our eyes, I get a picture of him and Beau every year. Beau's song was written for my step Father on his 80th birthday and a WW2 Navy vet, it fit right in for Dick. Elm Hall honored  him that nigh also. Very special for Beau and all that was in our camp. :) Also great to get to spend some time and shoot with Gary and a older friend of Gary's named Chuck, he also shot a self bow and has for many years, Gary said the first self bow he ever shot was made by Chuck. ;) :) Cool stuff for sure.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #12564 on: August 04, 2015, 05:24:08 am »
Looks like a great time for sure.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12565 on: August 04, 2015, 08:59:04 am »
I know that fella! I didn't know his story, however. He is a great guy to talk with. He fully deserved the honor given to him that night. All of those fine gentleman from that era do.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12566 on: August 04, 2015, 09:44:19 am »
Good stuff right there !!
Can't believe I missed Dicks 90th
We will have ti catch him up at Marshall next spring
and of coarse I will most likely see him this weekend at GLLI
Glad every thing went well for y'all
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12567 on: August 07, 2015, 04:49:15 am »
Well it's Friday again and back to my normal routine. Headed to the Cabin as soon as I get off. I plane on working on My elm bows a bit and have a new knife project in the works also want to start putting the finish on my Dog Wood bow, I need to get out my salt licks, just picked them up yesterday, a little late but late better that not at all, and check on some stands I left up from last year to see if they are still safe to hunt, it is closing in on that time of year and I have been so busy just hadn't had time until now.  :( The weather is supposed to be nice so no telling what else we will get into. ;) :) Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. :)
Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12568 on: August 07, 2015, 08:39:49 am »
See ya Monday.  :)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12569 on: August 07, 2015, 09:55:39 am »
I'm with you Pappy. I have to do some things this weekend and next week. I hunt next Sat. I am heading down to a friends farm for opening day, Aug 15. bucks only. Ain't even got my broadheads sharpened. My friend does year round supplemental feeding on his place so the deer are usually there. baiting deer is legal in SC so if you don't feed guess who has deer?

I have never shot a deer in Aug.  It would feel good to have one in the freezer that early.