Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720389 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12135 on: April 07, 2015, 05:24:27 am »
No need for that Bill, you can have what you need. :) I keep looking back at the weather forecast  Patrick put up, man wouldn't it be great if that held up. :) Got 3 loads of gravel yesterday for the upper road and new entrance, looking good. ;) Probably going to need at least 3 more for the bottom and camp area. Glad the price has went down from last years looks like we will wind up with at least 6 loads maybe 7. :o ???  :) Got 2 more staves on the form yesterday also /6 to go  I think so should be done by this weekend. DaveO is coming in to Turkey hunt Friday, really looking forward to that. :) He is installing some lights in the pavilion for rent while he is there. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #12136 on: April 07, 2015, 11:19:16 am »
I hope so too pappy! I'll try to keep up with the weather forecast for you guy's. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline BearG

« Reply #12137 on: April 07, 2015, 12:55:37 pm »
16 days
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #12138 on: April 07, 2015, 05:16:48 pm »
Shoot make that 18 days
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12139 on: April 08, 2015, 05:42:55 am »
Close enough Bear. Had a great evening, got the drive a smoothed out and ready, need a few more loads of rock in the bottom but will have to wait until it dries a bit. Also 2 more stave's
ready, down to 6. ;) ;D ;D Chris and Chris got King Ron's old camper hauled out so that opened up another very good spot to camp, :) it will hold a large camper or several tent sites, we will probably need the room. :-\ at least I hope we do. :) Then to top off the evening ,guess who rolled down the hill, Jesse, man it was good to see him, al tho I usually bed down early during the week we had lots of catching up to do so we sat by the fire and needless to say I am sleep depraved this morning. ??? :) He will be there until Thursday Morning. Wished he could stay through the weekend but he has to get back. :( Plan on spending  some more time with him today and tonight so I will be worn out by the weekend but that's OK.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12140 on: April 08, 2015, 08:40:38 am »
The wait is starting to really work on me.  Can't wait to get there.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12141 on: April 08, 2015, 09:44:45 am »
What is yall's plans Matt ?
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12142 on: April 08, 2015, 01:09:49 pm »
Coming down early as usual. Finalizing plans.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12143 on: April 09, 2015, 05:25:51 am »
That's great news Matt. :) had a good couple of days. Jesse has been in and we have got the spend a lot of time together, just like old times. it is as if he has never left. Funny how when good friends get together after years apart it seems to be that way. Anyway yesterday I put 2 more bows on the form while Jesse done some flint napping, he has still got it. :) Then he had seen a couple of big red oaks blown down on top of the ridge above the Cabin in his morning walk about so he wanted to cut them up, we cut at least 2 truck loads of wood ,maybe more by the time it is all split and gathered up. Then we went out and gathered a bunch of punk wood for my smoking/brain tanning and finished off the day shooting bows and listening to him play the tom-tom and flute around the fire. :) :) Won't get to see him again for a while ,He is flying out this morning from Nashville but man what a good time and the  talking and catching up was wonderful. ;) :) I told him when I retire I need him around, he inspires me and keeps me busy.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12144 on: April 09, 2015, 07:39:21 am »
Yep Pappy sweet times when they come together for sure !!

My youngest brother came by last night don't see him much but he wanted to talk about the trip to your place and said he found out he can get more time off so we could leave Wed. am if we want , so now if I can get things lined up here at work we may be there a day sooner than expected WOOOHOO  hope so
see ya soon !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #12145 on: April 09, 2015, 11:26:03 am »
My flight got canceled this morning.
 I'll be flying out Saturday morning now.
Miss Abby but glad to get a little more time.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12146 on: April 10, 2015, 05:34:31 am »
Yep, Jesse is probably sleeping right now, or who knows may still setting by the fire. He and Sally have hit it off and she has been singing along with him on his flute. :) Wished I knew how to post a video he sent me, it is way cool.  ;) Anyway it's Friday and I will be headed to the Cabin shortly, Jesse and I have cut a lot of wood the last couple of days so plan on hauling that out. May do a little Turkey hunting and I like 2 more bows for the form and plan on doing them today. That will give us 12 nice Hickory Blanks for the Classic. :)  DaveO came in last night to do a little hunting and also put up some new lights in the pavilion, looking forward to seeing him it's been a while. :) Jesse wanted to do a brain tanned hide since he got to stay a few more days , I had a extra hide in rawhide form and plenty of brains, [ For tanning not mine] ;) :D :D  he started that yesterday evening, so we will be pulling on brain tan today I am sure. ;) :) I am sure it will be a busy weekend. :) Hope yall enjoy it as much as I am sure I will. :) have a great weekend. :)  Life Is Good.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #12147 on: April 10, 2015, 09:20:13 am »
Enjoy your time! Sounds like fun.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12148 on: April 13, 2015, 05:52:09 am »
Had a great time this weekend, Jesse was there most of it and DaveO also came in, along with lots of others friends, great time and managed to get a few more things all wrapped up for the Classic. Here are some pictures of the fun. :) All our Hickory blanks finished up and in the hot Box. Tents got put up for PA and Gary Davis/Matt and TwinOaks. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12149 on: April 13, 2015, 05:53:43 am »
Tents up.  :) Jesse shows up, after a short hello he goes straight for the fire. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good