Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720321 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11220 on: September 08, 2014, 11:54:15 pm »
Stay safe!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11221 on: September 09, 2014, 04:53:26 am »
Good to hear that Jimmy,yep you will be back just in time,the weather is starting to cool a bit and the tobacco barn smoke is rolling so you know it's fall in Tennessee.  :) :) Shouldn't take you long to get ready,heck just grab what you used last year. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11222 on: September 09, 2014, 06:48:41 am »
Got all 4 of my food plots planted yesterday,if the rain comes like they say and the Turkeys stay out of them,  :-\they should be good ones. :) Also got something I never like but happens sometimes, I made a bow for my buddy Kevin in MI. Well it popped a splinter a couple of inches out of the bottom fad. Got the skins off yesterday and started the repair,super glued the pop up,wrapped with sinew and then plan on thin backing of rawhide,it had just a couple of funny little swirls in the grain that I guess I missed when I made it or thought it wouldn't give any trouble,hope this will work but either way I am starting another for him,just love to have this one going for his hunting season , I think the 1st of Oct. and then get the other to him when I can. Hate it when that happens,especially when it happend to one I give to a friend. >:( :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #11223 on: September 09, 2014, 06:57:39 am »
Wow, you guys have been workin' hard... I need a nap havin' just read about it ::).
Wish I'd have able to lend a paw :laugh:
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #11224 on: September 09, 2014, 09:15:35 am »
It really makes me wish I lived close enough to come and help. Something about working outside that just calls me, always has. My Mom always gave me a hard time for helping the neighbor buck hay, even though she couldn't get me to mow the lawn, even if she paid me. Oh well. I really want to try and get out to one of these shoots one of these times. It looks like a blast.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #11225 on: September 09, 2014, 01:19:21 pm »
Pappy, I'm glad the "Pure Tennessee" bow made it to you in one piece... i am always nervous to send something like that, but i guess people do it every day. I know how busy things are this time of year... so don't worry about a date to get it done. It is a real "shooter" and I would love to have a chance to take a deer with it... but this year, next year, or the following... it doesn't matter to me. It was and is a very special gift to me and always will be weather it can be repaired or not. Thanks K. Hills

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #11226 on: September 09, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »
Look forward to seeing you soon  Jimmy!
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11227 on: September 10, 2014, 05:17:06 am »
Thanks Kevin, I think it can be saved, I will know by the end of the weekend, I got the sinew wrap dried and a nice layer of thin deer rawhide on it 2/3 length like the snake skin was yesterday,just need it to dry for a few days and test it out,you never know but I think it will be OK,you caught it before it done any damage to the tiller and that is always a good thing. It was a very small lift and separation between the grains at a small swirl beside the knot in the fad,go figure,usually a knot in the fad causes no problems at all. ??? I may even try it out on the course this weekend,cause you are right it was/is still we hope ;) :) a good shooter. :) Either way you will have 2,got some good wood picked out. ;) :) :) May be spring for #2 but it is in the planing stage as we speak. ;) :) In between doctoring on Kev's bow I did get time to put up another stand beside a good White oak,loaded and already dropping,should be a good spot/close to the cabin for some of them quick afternoon hunts,the weather is supposed to break tomorrow and looks good for 10 days,below normal for Temps,problem is hunting season don't start for 17 days. ??? ;) :) so who knows how it will be by then. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11228 on: September 12, 2014, 05:09:37 am »
Friday,yes. ;) :) Lots going on this weekend,we got the 1st leg of the 22nd Whitetail deer Classic starting in the morning at daylight,then the Twinoaks Bash Saturday night,it is kind of the last big get together of the year for the club and friends and is always a lot of fun. ;) Got a little more scouting and a couple of stands to put if I get the time,also 2 more bows to get set up with  arrows and killing heads also try and get Kevin's bow finished and tried out,yep pretty full weekend. ??? Hope yall have a good one also. :) :) Come visit if you are in the area. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11229 on: September 15, 2014, 05:43:08 am »
What a great weekend,the first leg of the 22 nd Deer Classic was about like always,24 teams of 3 and a few extra that we will make up teams with,the TwinOaks Bash Saturday night was also a very good feed and time I think had by all. Also got a little time to do some bow work and few other projects in the shop. I got Kevin's bow repaired and I think it will make it,need to shoot a little more before I call it good,got my fingers crossed, :) :) Here are a few pictures of the fun. ;) :) Kevin's bow getting some repairs,sinew and rawhide,that should do it. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11230 on: September 15, 2014, 05:45:56 am »
Sally chilling,some shooting Friday evening getting ready for the Deer Classic. My gal Megan shows up for the night and supper Friday night,Logan I think enjoyed the brats. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11231 on: September 15, 2014, 05:58:37 am »
The Deer Classic getting started Saturday morning. Sweet Pea showed up to visit,don't see as much of her as I use to but love it when she comes by. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11232 on: September 15, 2014, 06:04:00 am »
Bridge is coming along. Some shooters showing up.  :) :) Some have training wheels. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11233 on: September 15, 2014, 06:06:32 am »
It truly is a family affair.  :) :) Working on Jeff's bow,putting in some reflex and tip aligement,it was a bout 4 inches off the handle. :) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11234 on: September 15, 2014, 06:09:23 am »
Getting Michael's bow ready for the form. Bridge almost done. Jeff's bow off the form and looking good,he was amazed at the difference.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good