Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4725027 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10935 on: July 07, 2014, 05:25:36 am »
She is Bobobow,getting better all the time. ;) :) What a great 4th weekend,got some stuff done in the shop and also some bushhogging and salt licks freshened up around the place,had a great couple of days with Miss Joanie and family and also some shooting and visiting with friends at TwinOaks. Very relaxing. I went down Thursday noon or so and had the place to myself,I have 8 salt licks on my farm and try and freshen them up at least once a year,man they all were worn out,deer need that during the summer. Also found some more trees down,always need fire wood. ;) :) :) Here are some pictures of the licks and Big Oak down. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:23:11 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10936 on: July 07, 2014, 05:32:43 am »
more licks, the beans are really looking good,the deer and ground hogs should eat well this summer. A knife I am working on,nothing fancy,just a working knife/deer leg bone pine pitch glue and sinew. :)I decided to put a Hemp wrap on my new Osage instead of the Jute I have been using :-\ turned out nice,just way more trouble because of the thread size. I told Jon you are suppose to smoke that stuff not wrap grips with it. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10937 on: July 07, 2014, 06:08:44 am »
A new blade Dan is working on,should be a cool knife. :) Some shooting with Art/Dan and Jon shooting his new RD Osage finshed. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10938 on: July 07, 2014, 06:13:19 am »
Jon working on some tip over lays. Jon's RD Osage finished up. Looks good and shoots sweet. My Osage,just needs a little more tweaking on the bottom limb [it has a bad angle and hump/knot right out of the fads on that limb that has given me lots of trouble] ??? ;) and the Hemp wrap grip complete. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10939 on: July 07, 2014, 06:16:19 am »
Jon and I hit the practice range Saturday evening,then some of our kids show up to shoot. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10940 on: July 07, 2014, 06:21:50 am »
I gave the boys 14 arrows that I don't use anymore and told them to divide them
between 3 of them,it was fun watching them trying to decide who got what. ;) ;D ;D Then  a calm evening for me,finished tweaking the tiller and final heating of my Osage bow,then early to bed after some me time around the fire. Hope yall had a good one.I sure did. :) Life is Good.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #10941 on: July 07, 2014, 10:24:46 am »
Yeah 2/3 of an arrow is no good at all >:D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10942 on: July 08, 2014, 05:21:47 am »
I hear ya Del,they had a time deciding who got only 4, :-\ guess I should have kept it even numbers. ;) :) :) Josiah wasn't there so I feel pretty sure he is the one that got 4. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #10943 on: July 08, 2014, 09:24:26 am »
Looks like it was a great holiday weekend! Never tried the twine handle, looks like it turned out well like Osage off the caul. Enjoy seeing the worn soil where licks have been. Some get kind of big and deep over time.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10944 on: July 09, 2014, 06:13:48 am »
I have gotten to where I do the twine grip a lot Tracy, pretty easy and feel and look OK also, and yes some of the licks get really large,most of these have been
there for years and get bigger and bigger every year. The deer mostly use them in the Spring and Summer, I always use mineral blocks and feel it does them some good.  :) I don't really hunt around many of them,sort of like my food plots,just have them the help the herd along,not really to hunt over. :) I mostly hunt natural food sources and travel lanes.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10945 on: July 09, 2014, 08:04:42 am »
Pappy, I would venture to say that from looking at all the pictures of deer at Twin Oaks with their tongues hanging out, that the way you hunt definitely works!! ;D
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10946 on: July 09, 2014, 11:45:04 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I like the way you word things Greg,true red neck fashion just the way I like it.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10947 on: July 10, 2014, 08:37:17 am »
Got my Osage back out to 26 yesterday and shot it about 50 times,seems to be doing good,52@26 right now and I may leave it at that depending on what I decide to do with it,got some nice black racer skins I plan on putting on it if it makes the next few days of shooting. :) Never used them before but I think they will look good. :-\ We will see. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10948 on: July 10, 2014, 12:07:03 pm »
Anymore work on the bridge? What is the next step?
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10949 on: July 10, 2014, 12:12:09 pm »
Building the stair case,just waiting on a little cooler weather,may even get the material list up this weekend,we plan on decking the top with the new type stuff that doesn't rot,don't guess it's to new but new to us using it.  ;) :) We hope to have this one done by the Charity shoot in mid August. The second one will have
to wait till next spring but the one it will replace is in better shape than the one in front of the cabin.  ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good