Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4726329 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10905 on: June 25, 2014, 05:21:36 am »
Yep Steve,you went off in a hurry. ;) ;D ;D We will keep it safe until your return. ;) Been raining every evening so I got a little done in the shop,got the over lays on my Osage and nocks cut,ready to re tiller after the tweaking/tip flipping and some heat work.  :)Hope to get it back to brace by the weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #10906 on: June 25, 2014, 10:59:08 am »
Smooth Will is still hard for me to tell  who he is.  ;D

Looks like a gooder for everybody...

New hat Pappy?

dp

(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10907 on: June 25, 2014, 12:11:16 pm »
Ya that's my knock around hat,I put the other one on when I get serious. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10908 on: June 26, 2014, 10:23:39 am »
Had a great afternoon,no distractions,got my Osage back ready to brace after the heat work had rehydrate,it is looking pretty good so far and also stretched on another hide I have had in the freezer waithing on lower humidity to stretch and dry. Very peaceful,just me/Sally and 650 am.  ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10909 on: June 27, 2014, 06:03:21 am »
Friday, Been a long week again here at work,Christmas in the beer business we call it.  ;) ;D But it's over till Monday,then we go into the week of the 4th and that is the biggest week of the year for us,guess folks like beer for the 4th. ;) ;D ;D I am headed to the cabin this evening with nothing special on my mind but feel sure I will come up with something. Going to try and get my Osage shooting and finish the Deer hide up I have been working on. May refresh a couple of salt licks[time of year for that] and check on the mass crop/Oaks,Persimmons for the up coming season. Should be a good one this year with plenty of rain we have had. :) :) Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #10910 on: June 27, 2014, 06:11:27 am »
Have a great weekend Pappy and tell all at Twin Oaks I said hello.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10911 on: June 27, 2014, 06:32:49 am »
Good luck with the hide. That reminds me I have a couple to work on as well.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10912 on: June 27, 2014, 08:14:46 am »
Sounds like a plan.  I am going to NC to pick up my oldest son, coming back home and heading to Kentucky for a week of relaxing camping on Jellico Creek.  Planning on doing some bow building while I'm there.  Fun, fun.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10913 on: June 30, 2014, 05:37:04 am »
Have fun Greg,I am sure you will. :) Great weekend,got the tip overlays on My Osage also got it to brace,got my hide almost dry,1 more stretching should do it.  That was it for my projects,seems it always goes like that for me on the weekends. ??? Had a lot going on,we got the 2nd leg of the bridge construction finished[cross pole mounted] Good food/good friends and a good time. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10914 on: June 30, 2014, 05:41:16 am »
Some of Jon's new arm guards,very nice work. Jon chopping some wild Turkey feathers and putting some arrows together. Can't have to many arrows. :) :) Josiah/Brandon and his dad came down,we sat around solving the worlds problems,amazing how simple it is. ;) ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10915 on: June 30, 2014, 05:47:46 am »
Josiah and Brandon getting ready to do some shooting. Another big white Oak down[always need fire wood] Supper,steak and taters with all the fixings. Yum.
Getting started on laying the cross poles for the bridge. Hope this one will last a while. ;) :) We made sure this one is high enough to keep the creek or anything coming down the creek wouldn't take it out.  :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10916 on: June 30, 2014, 05:57:46 am »
More bridge work[good to have friends with equipement you need] :) Don cutting some re bar to attach the cross pole to the uprights. :) Jon reworking an old arrow fletcher and more arrow work.  ;) I traded for a bunch of Cain and POC shafts in Cloverdale,so now Jon and I have a trade,you fletch for half. Good deal for both of us. :) ;) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10917 on: June 30, 2014, 06:05:54 am »
Our arrow shaft kit came in,we should be ready to turn down some shafts now,Jim sent me some samples of the Arrow fix he makes and sells,we like it and want to get one to do our own ,not necessarily to repair arrows but to foot shafts,looks like it should work great. Thanks Jim. ;) :) :) Big A schooling his grand Daughter on shooting a bow,she has great form. Don getting the chain saw sharp for some trim work on the bridge. :) Of course Chuck shows up to visit,man he stays busy when he is there. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:16:29 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10918 on: June 30, 2014, 06:15:16 am »
Got our small practice range up and ready to shoot,I like it cause it's close to the shop. ;) :)Chuck starting and Osage selfbow he is using for trade for skins. ;) :)
I cut up one of our Persimmon burls,it turned out good for nothing except mounting plaques,but that's OK ,still pretty cool. You never know what is inside of one of them till you saw it. ??? GregB doing some knife work and Chuck has his Osage ready for the form for some tip alignment and reflex added. ;) :)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10919 on: June 30, 2014, 06:23:47 am »
GregB with more knife work. I was getting Chucks Osage on the form,I always cold bend first to get everything ready before I do the heating. Jon serving the string on his new R/D Osage. My new arm guard and lots of miss matched arrows I reworked the nocks and tip for the boys that come down,we are teaching them to build their own but seems they can't keep up,I will never use these so thought I would put them to good use. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good