Author Topic: right or left fletch?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline mox1968

right or left fletch?
« on: February 01, 2010, 06:48:19 pm »
im new to making arrows been trying to build bows but pre made arrows have decided to try make my own arrows.a few things have caught my attention one is fletching to left or right does it matter or does it have to do with which hand you shoot a bow with??also the different lengths of feathers does it make a big difference and why,sorry about the big question probably either very simple answers or a mega longwinded affair sorry if its the latter

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: right or left fletch?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 06:55:20 pm »
As long as you use only left wing feather or right wing feather on each arrow you will be fine. You can even have some arrows with left wing feathers and some with right wing feathers and you will be OK.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 07:28:22 pm »
Like Pat said, I've never noticed any difference between right and left feathers as long as you son't mix them on the same arrow. The length can make a big diffence, however, especially with a non-centershot selfbow. I like at least 5" feathers.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mox1968

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 07:47:03 am »
ok thanks for the info

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:41:47 am »
What they said, I use whatever I can get my hands on, and I use both wings.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah