Author Topic: Things you have Accidently shot in the House.  (Read 8816 times)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: Things you have Accidently shot in the House.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 11:09:40 am »
Jawge- was it ouzo? ;D. When I arrived in Greece our hotel took my group into a room and gave everyone a shot of it...I had no idea what they were trying to do to us ???
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline adb

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 12:16:25 pm »
I've had shots in my house but they were of the liquid variety. :) Jawge
:D :D :D

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 01:16:02 pm »
Can't say I have ever shot anything inside my house but about 12 years ago I made a HHB bow for a friend and he was so taken with it that he had to shoot it inside during the winter. His basement was not finished and he had about a 30' shooting lane.  He setup a target on a wall and started shooting.  One arrow missed his target and went through the wall, he was too concerned about that since it was a gypsum covered wall and he figured he could fix it easily enough.  What he didn't count on was that on the other side of the wall he had stored a brand new fiberglass shower stall that he was to install.  The arrow put a neat hole through that.  His wife was not pleased
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 03:51:33 pm »
Not me, but my uncle had some inserts imbedded in his trim above the front door.  He would stand in the kitchen, shoot through a hall, through another small room, out the door and into a target on the porch.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

rockhound34

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 05:14:01 pm »
I shot my wifes favorite stuffed snow man last year,it was a good heart shot to. shes still mad,an I still laugh.

Offline adb

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 08:53:58 pm »
 :D :D :D

Grunt

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2009, 08:59:14 pm »
When I was around ten I took a bad innertube off my bike tire and tied it to a tree fork in the back yard. I made a spear about six feet long and set her in like a slingshot. I pulled it back as far as I could and let her go. Unfortunately I shot towards the house and that spear went farther than I though it would and stuck in the moulding under the big picture window. Also unfortunately my father was looking out the window at the same time. Ouch!!!!  

Lombard

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2009, 01:38:46 am »
Bushbow this didn't happen in the house, but is related.

I had been shooting my target from one hundred feet away off and on
all day long, with a favorite bow. Well I moved the target over to my shed
and started shooting in another bow, that was being built. Just half draw
from five feet away. The thing is from one hundred feet and a couple
hundred arrows, I never missed the target, but from five feet away
somehow managed to miss. Dead center a foot over the top in one side
and out the other of my shed, and right into my eight foot fiberglass
step ladder, that was leaning against the fence.

Thank goodness for fiberglass repair kits (for ladders) ;-)

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2009, 10:21:18 am »
Without all the gory details, I'll tell you that a 20# bow and a spruce arrow with NO TIP can get into trouble at a violin shop, too. 

Everything's OK now.   I don't keep arrows in the shop any more. 

piper

Offline elk country rp

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2009, 03:46:03 pm »
i was brainstorming about how to get closer to speed goats with traditional gear & decided to learn how to shoot from my back. i learned three things actually:
1) it's kinda hard to sight down the arrow from the other side of the bow
2) a 53# horsebow at half draw can put a 2 bladed steel force through a particle board garage door quite easily
3) broadheads are for outside only!

papasickle

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 10:24:00 pm »
Dang squirrel! Just wanted it to go elsewhere and squawk at my dog. I think every kid on my side of town seen me climb that tree and get arrow and one not quite dead critter out of that tree. A mad squirrel in a tree can be like a mad grizz I guarantee. Them teeth be three-four inches long I swear.  ;)

Offline Simple Hunter

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 10:56:00 pm »
When I had first started making bows, which was about 8 years ago I had just finshed a hickory bow and was eager to try it out and I grabbed some  arrows went to the back yard and started shooting, about the second shot wack, the arrow snapped as I shot it.My first reaction was to look for the arrow, while looking for it I looked down and saw a piece of my arrow sticking out between my thumb and first finger,this may be hard to believe but it went under the skin and was stuck in the first knuckle of my finger.I spent 3 hrs in surgery.I now check each arrow before every shot. 

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 12:39:14 am »
I was shooting a highly reflexed self backed osage flatbow that had been pulled into reflex by the sapwood back. It was made by a very well known bowyer and I had every confidence in it. It was raining so I was shooting in the house. I had shot the bow many times, before the fateful day.The bow blew on release, the arrow went wild and  through the kitchen window and out into the street. I had the window replaced before my wife came home, but I told her what had happened. Man that was a great bow. If it had been backed with rawhide I think it would still be shooting.
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.

Rich Saffold

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 01:28:16 am »
Does the neighbors snarling   pitbull count? Oh wait that wasn't by accident! ;)  ( I have fat blunts for this situation, and he was too lean anyhow)

Offline huntersteve

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 04:27:34 am »
I've shot a few things out in the yard by mistake.....lawn chairs,garden hose reel,well house,tree's...the usual stuff......
Tryon,N.C.