Author Topic: Since it's the New Year shortly and a time to be thankful, I gotta tell ya.....!  (Read 5972 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
I've been making and breaking staves and bows for 20 years and that's not counting my early bent sapling bows as little Jawgie growing up on the farm. I sure wish I had this site when I started. That probably would have resulted in more early successes. Anyway, kudos to the people at Primitive Archer for giving me the opportunity to interact with people of the same interests. Kudos to the people who maintain and moderate this site. Your efforts are really appreciated. As they say in Greece. "Ya sas!"! (LOL-it's a little early so I'm toasting you with coffee). :) Jawge
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 02:29:35 pm by George Tsoukalas »
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
Appreciate the imput you add, too, George. As they say in Norway: "Ya sure you betcha"! >:D
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Thanks George. I can truthfully say PA wouldn't be PA with JAWGE!!!  As you know though...it takes a village to raise a fledgling bowyer. I'm proud to be a citizen of this village. 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Appreciate the imput you add, too, George. As they say in Norway: "Ya sure you betcha"! >:D
Dang it Don.....That sure sounds like YOOPER to me......Ya Shure...You Betcha ... Wholly-Whah....Eh!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

Right back at ya Jawge :)

And Mike ders lots of Norwegians in da UP, you betcha eh :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:02:10 pm by DanaM »
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline George Tsoukalas

I don't know about El but I think Old Bow and Pat join me in being graduates of the school of bow making hard knocks both literally and figuratively. I just wanted the newbies to know that learning through this wonderful internet medium sure wasn't the case 15-20 years ago when  today's the old timers started. So newbs be patient with us. Sometimes we try to lead you to an answer for your question. I never toasted in Norwegian! Ya sure you betcha! (OJ this time.) Jawge :)
Set Happens!

Offline George Tsoukalas

Thanks, Dana. The editing feature is pretty nice too considering the way I type. :) Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Roght back at ya Jawge :)

And Mike ders lots of Norwegians in da UP, you betcha eh :)

Ya reckon dats why day built da Suicide Hill in Negaunee...fer Da Swedes an Norwegians ta break der Legs...huh....ya tinks Dana.... Crumps I remember dem flyin offa dat der Ski Hill when I was a Lad....and say wholly-Cripes....dats gunna hurt in da mornin...eh..... ::)

An Jawge....I learnt da hard way too...eh...got the scars on da head an face....and da holes in da Garage ceilin ta prove it too...... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline George Tsoukalas

There you go, El. I figured that. I had Bob Holzhauser's critiques of my tiller. I forgot to mention that.  He's still a  good friend. I have to go for a visit.  We can come here and discuss without discussions of fg, carbon and c..cc..c... I can't say it and I can put the word bows after it. LOL. :) Jawge
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 02:53:53 pm by George Tsoukalas »
Set Happens!

Offline medicinewheel

Jawge, thanks for all your nice and encouraging comments! "Prost!" ...as they say in Germany...
Frank from Germany...

Offline George Tsoukalas

Thank you, medicinewheel, but it does take a village. :) Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline DanaM

Thank you, medicinewheel, but it does take a village. :) Jawge

I think I must be the village idiot then :P  I've broken my share dats fer sure :-\
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
I know what you mean George
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
I have learned so much from everyone on here, and also would like to give the best wishes for everyone and their holidays.  I hope all dreams and hopes come try, and that next year will be even better for all.

Offline George Tsoukalas

Merry Christmas to all of the PA community! :) Jawge
Set Happens!