Author Topic: BUNNIES WITH WOLF WATCHER!  (Read 9204 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
BUNNIES WITH WOLF WATCHER!
« on: December 19, 2009, 11:24:27 pm »
 Well today we were blessed to go bowhunting cottontails with Joe York, aka Wolf Watcher.. My boys were carryig the bows Joe gave them for their birthdays.. The day was cold and there were very few bunnies out.. Both boys harvested a bunny and I even got lucky and got one that was slower than my arrow. Joe's wife Eloise brought lunch for all of us and my bride stacey took pictures of everyone stalking the greasewood and sage. What an honor to share the wild places with my family..  Seeing my boys grow up with such an influence as Joe, who is a wealth of knowlege concerning the land, it's many blessings and the history of our area is truly a gift. Here are a few pics to enjoy brothers and sisters of the bow from the days outing. Hawk   

[attachment deleted by admin]
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: BUNNIES WITH WOLF WATCHER!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 12:04:47 am »
What a great day. Thanks for sharing it with us. Good shooting boys, you included Mike!  ;) Good shooting Stacey!  ;)
  Joe and Eloise are two special folks for sure!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 09:32:35 am »
Joe where's your bunny :o Looks like fun :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 11:01:59 am »

Dana:  When I hunt with those Huston boys I go with my tail between my legs cause they always out shoot me!!  We had a contest going also with the winner (most bunnies) for $5.  Now to make it fair Hawk has to shoot twice as many as the one with the most rabbits!  In my defense, when Hawk only gets one you can bet the hunting was a challenge!  Bunny or no, Hunting with that family is always a fun day!  Wish you all could spend a day with them in the sage brush, trying to see a rabbit and knowing Stacey will catch you on film with any miscue!!  We eat the rabbits which is the underlaying reason for the hunt in the first place!  Stacy gave us a picture frame with three of her pictures of a beautiful hawk launching from a branch and taking flight.  Her skill with a camera is awesome!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Cromm

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 06:03:53 pm »
Always great to read your words and see your wifes photos Hawk.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 06:21:58 pm »
Looks like a big time!  I wish I was there with you all.  Those rabbits are a lot bigger than the cottontails we have around here.  Might be a little easier for me to hit.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 06:24:05 pm »
Used to shoot Snowshoe Hare with my Slingshot when I was a Kid.....now all I have to shoot at here are Jacks.....and are they fun to try and hit!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 06:29:14 pm »
Those are some fat bunnies. I want to know who got the heaviest, not the most.  ;D Im glad you guys are getting out together, nothing better.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 06:37:27 pm »
Justin.. Tyler got the heaviest  bunny, A head shot at twenty yards.. Joe acts like he is hunting, but mostly he is pushing bunnies to the boys, takes a good hunter to move bunnies in a certain  direction in sagebrush ...... Lucky for the boys they shoot like their momma.. ;D.. bunnies are scarce this year in the badlands... lots of song dogs.Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:00:49 am »
Great shooting by those two boys! It does my heart good to see families sharing times like these together. Blessed boys to have parents willing to take the time and share and Blessed parents to have kids enjoying the ride with them. Thanks for sharing.
Chasing Crow
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 08:59:01 am »
Looks like a great time,looks cold for sure.Thanks for sharing. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 12:22:06 pm »
I feel for you Joe....I always end up being the "dogger" on such excursions! ;D  Good excuse to get out on a cold day...
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 08:33:36 pm »
 Chad, Joe also gave me a great music CD the day we went bunny huntin.. killer tunes brother, you have some real talent.

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 08:51:01 pm »
That's  awesome  to  see  young  hunters  hitting the  mark:)
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 12:11:14 pm »
Thanks, Mike! It is an honor to play a small part of your day afield, my brother.... ;)
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com