Author Topic: New Year Shooting at the Medieval Butts  (Read 51447 times)

Offline outcaste

Re: New Year Shooting at the Medieval Butts
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2010, 09:23:22 am »
SHOOT CANCELLATION
Hi Everyone,

Due to the general weather conditions we our experiencing across the county and more specifcally the snow forcast for the Crick area on Sunday, Jeremy and I have decided to cancel the shoot and will look forward to having in April instead. I am sure you will all understand that driving conditions are difficult at the moment and with the forcast of more snow we wouldn't want people to risk travelling.

All the best,
Alistair

triton

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2010, 03:19:50 pm »
Thanks Al.  I was going to email you tomorrow to see if it was still on. 

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2010, 03:28:24 pm »
SHOOT CANCELLATION
Hi Everyone,

Due to the general weather conditions we our experiencing across the county and more specifcally the snow forcast for the Crick area on Sunday, Jeremy and I have decided to cancel the shoot and will look forward to having in April instead. I am sure you will all understand that driving conditions are difficult at the moment and with the forcast of more snow we wouldn't want people to risk travelling.

All the best,
Alistair

What?  Canceling because of that piddly bit of snow?  :)  >:(  ::)

Just kidding
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Yeomanbowman

• warbowwales
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2010, 04:20:42 pm »
Maybe not for Canadians! :D
Much as I like history we didn't want to recreate the battle of Towton :o ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2010, 09:35:05 pm »
  Good for you guys. Who would want to play in that stuff unless it was on a beach in the Bahamas'. ;D It has been in the twenties here in Central Florida. I'm ready to come to England for the winter. :-\
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Loki

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2010, 11:50:33 am »
Durham,England

Offline outcaste

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2010, 06:11:16 pm »
The perma frost has nearly gone and I am pleased to announce that this event will take place on:

Sunday 25th April

All other details are as before.

Many thanks,
Alistair

triton

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2010, 02:56:54 pm »
AH good stuff.  It's in my diary

Offline Yeomanbowman

• warbowwales
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2010, 07:56:19 pm »
Post scriptum,

Warning!  The butts will not be real scheduled ancient monuments but made of hay bales. 
I would also like to caution those that buy medieval music on CD that this will not actually have been recorded from a live session before the end of the 15th C despite what it may say on the label.:D   

Offline Phil Rees

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2010, 10:36:05 am »
Post scriptum,

Warning!  The butts will not be real scheduled ancient monuments but made of hay bales. 
I would also like to caution those that buy medieval music on CD that this will not actually have been recorded from a live session before the end of the 15th C despite what it may say on the label.:D   

Point taken ... ;D

Rod

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2010, 05:55:45 am »
Results?

Offline Yeomanbowman

• warbowwales
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2010, 05:30:21 pm »
Joe Gibbs won the event and shot a whole day with 160+lb bows, very impressive.  He was the only archer to hit the face of the butt, in future we will angle the face a little I think.  About 4-6 archers were always getting the distance both ends with heavy arrows and in the afternoon session the number of arrows that would have scored in a rove increased a lot.  A really good fun shoot that was in keeping with medieval shooting.

Offline outcaste

« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2010, 05:54:49 pm »

The winner and his trophy

Offline Cromm

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2010, 09:06:15 am »
Well done Joe. Would have loved to have seen the bow he was shooting. I hope everyone who turned up had a great time.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline bow-toxo

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2010, 08:37:19 pm »
Post scriptum,

Warning!  The butts will not be real scheduled ancient monuments, [nor would there be any attempt to make a butt of approximately mediaeval description], but made of hay bales. 

However the music might be actial mediaeval pieces of music recorded last month from a live session using reproduction mediaeval instruments. That's called re-enactment.

Anyway, congratulations on the shoot you had. It sounds like great fun, and I wish I could have seen it.

Cheers
                                                                                                                         Erik