Author Topic: sigh. trying again *pics*  (Read 14419 times)

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
Re: !
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 11:49:48 am »
wow man  i never noticed how retarted i looked, lol

Recurve, it's my camera buddy, you look fine. 

How was deer camp?  Is the freezer full?  piper

Offline recurve shooter

Re: sigh. trying again *pics*
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 11:52:36 am »
deer camp kinda sucked. spent 9 hours a day in a tree for six days. didnt see anything.

did pillage a deer hide though, so it should be getting smelly around here next weekend.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 11:59:22 am »
You're probably not using the right bait.......oops, never mind, this isn't Michigan.  piper

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 12:05:28 pm »
nice bow, Recurve!!!  Glad you got a shooter!   ...if your fingers don't hurt anymore, time to start another!   :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

radius

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 12:05:45 pm »
good arc, RS...you don't look retarded!!!!   But is that a pack of chaw in ur pocket?  or a hockey puck?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 12:10:57 pm »
Chaw....were the Heck are you from??? Or I forgot......... ;)......they call it Dip here....a chaw is a chunk of Chewing Tobacco...comes in a Brick....not a Can.......I was a Copenhagen Kid for 40 years...till my Jaw started to dissolve...and the Doctor told me it was either Dipping or eating....so I threw it away......cold turkey.......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

radius

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 12:20:14 pm »
DISSOLVE????

i chewed copenhagen for about 6 months once, glad i gave that up.  Gack. 

we don't call it chaw, either, we say chew.  But i was trying to speak like an american so's y'all'd know my meaning.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 01:03:10 pm »
Yep.Dissolved....the Bone was eroding away from My Teeth due to the Buildup of Tars from the Copenhagen getting between My teeth and the Gums....I had to have all my Teeth Scraped all the way down to my Jawbone to remove the Goop...So that was the beginning of Me Quitting...the Last Straw was my Bike Trip to Michigan ...with a Windshield on My Bike....You can not spit without hitting Yourself with a Windshield.....and I got pissed and tossed the Can...Pewter Lid and All... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 05:29:39 pm »
lol. thats dip in my pocket. bad habbit, started two years ago. chaw is redman or levi garret, etc. i like that to, but its expensive.  shoulda thought bout takeing that out of my pocket before we took the pics.  :-[ fingers quit hurting, but i got a deer hide and piper found a buckskin makeing book, so thts the next project.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 12:55:00 pm »
Got your neat weapon all bookmarked for Nov Self BOM fun!
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2009, 09:03:16 pm »
Congrats on the bow!  I'm encouraged my own *might* not break.  I wanted to comment on the bandsaw issue.  I just pulled out my cheapo jigsaw and stayed a good 1/8th away from the line.  I went real slow, pulsing the trigger a second at a time.  Totally lost my bandsaw envy.  I'll use my $100 for something else.
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2009, 09:41:54 pm »
Good job Recurve, Congrats on making a shooter.  I guess your going to have to come up with a different name.  Or start flipping the tips on the next one. ;)
Traverse City, MI

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 11:47:51 pm »
well congratulation there young fellow. Red oak is sometimes hard to keep from breaking. I used a hatchet. ferring rasp and a pocket knife when I started, I got raped on my first draw knife, latter bought a used Bowyer's knife {Icall it) from a fellow at a rendezvous. I since have moved on in order, as I am lazy sometimes.I have found a 1/2 inch saw blade is best for stave cutting and the blades can be bought through grislier tools at about 11.00 each. Carpenters skip tooth 4 or 6 teeth /inch. If your saw can handle the power needed. However it has been said be careful it doesn't take much to error. I use a ridged with a 3/4 inch  saw blade with a bout 1hp. I use a long belt sander to shape however they ain't no hurry, so I still use the draw shaves and rasps and spoke shaves and one of Bernie's  Swank's hand blade scrappers. Sandpaper 100 to 200 or 220 to 600 or stillwool. Then I burnish the finish. O Heck I got carried away sorry, I almost had it built. ha. Denny

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2009, 07:08:18 am »
Nice looking bow,well done and congrats on that one. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2009, 09:22:08 am »
lol. thanks everyone. im gunna try to get some hickory soon and try again. maby get a better poundage.

about fliping the tips: Island Piper knows how to do it. might try it.  ;D
lets just shoot it