Author Topic: Nocks and effiency  (Read 1710 times)

Offline TBod

Nocks and effiency
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:47:38 am »
Hi!

A lot of the bows here and everywhere have what I guess is called the English style nock. They are really beautiful, but don't they have a lot of wood after the stringgrove that is doing no work. A lot of you guys make the narrow to get good efficiency, but the wood after the groove kind of diminshes that effect as I see it.
Efficiency isn't everything and all that..

I make my nocks like these. They are not beautiful but easy and I hope efficient. Are they called pin nocks? Any advise on how to get the best efficiency nockwise are appreciated.
Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Nocks and effiency
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:54:10 am »
No those are not pin nocks. I make a lot of bows with tips like that, but you really need to be carefull with them. If you bump them on anything hard the lip will get knocked off.  Here are some pin nocks.

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline TBod

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 11:55:40 am »
Like this?

I hit it with the hammer. They are pretty strong, had to hit hard and several times. The glue line didn't broke. The bow was broken since before anyway.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 07:36:14 pm »
Just like that. I still like to use those nocks, I just don't get upset when I have to re apply the overlays.  :'(
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah