Author Topic: First bow in three or four years...  (Read 3845 times)

Offline medicinewheel

Re: First bow in three or four years...
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 02:44:52 pm »
Very nice bow!
Frank from Germany...

bob the boywer

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 04:51:16 pm »
Great looking bow, bro. Once again you inspire me to keep going. For you next bow, try the perry reflex technique. It should make things easier to get started. I bet it will work with the recurve too.

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 05:21:03 pm »
That's the goal...I'll actually be gluing the recurve in (I'm looking for a VERY slight curve at the tips).  I tried it a couple years ago and liked what I got but had a slew of flaws in the backing...screwed the whole thing up.  This one will have a slight recurve and I'm thinking just a bit of deflex off the center line.  I'll actually have it in the form over the weekend, and maybe have another working bow by the end of the week.  I want to have at least four completed by December...Kalee and I have a booth at a little art show and I'd like to have them there.

Have you finished lately?  I searched about the forum for posts and didn't see any...I think the forum has been changed or updated since I was first a member but I can't say for sure.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

bob the boywer

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 08:04:26 pm »
I have not posted anything in a long while. I read the forum frequently, but rarely post. I was working on a Read Oak board bow, but it has developed some type of mold on the dark rings. I am working on a Crepe myrtle take down now.