Author Topic: 'nother new one... UPDATE!!!! BLOW UP  (Read 4916 times)

Offline woodstick

Re: 'nother new one... UPDATE!!!! BLOW UP
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 09:32:32 pm »
r.i.p.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline juniper junkie

Re: 'nother new one...
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 10:01:17 pm »
Well S#@!*!!!! Glad this was the last one off this form... She blew up last night while I was shooting it. Started hearing a ticking sound, and Pow! Does anyone see anything wrong with the top limb? It popped about mid limb. I'll try to get pics up later. It broke about 3/4" below a node.
what a bummer!! that was a sweetlooking bow, tiller looked good, I see no hinges or anything that would cause overdue stress. have you done a autopsy to see what caused the failure? maybe look for a spot that didnt glue right, maybe a dry pocket? I havent had a failure yet with bamboo backing, but I am sure it may happen.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 11:44:57 pm »
Juniper Junkie - haven't seen you around in forever. That's sucks John :-\. I sure couldn't see anything wrong with it. That was one beauty while she lasted though.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 12:32:14 pm »
Hate to see that.  It was a beautiful bow.  Think it was tension or compression failure?
Westminster, MD

Offline Flint Kemper

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 12:28:21 pm »
I am no expert but it looks like right around the spot in the picture where the door moulding is at on the top limb. It was a beauty though. Flint