Author Topic: I WON'EM !!!  (Read 2638 times)

Offline fabber39

I WON'EM !!!
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:12:00 pm »
YUP !!! ;D I went on ebay & won a dozen Port Orford Cedar Shafts :o, 50# spine, 32", w/nocks glued on ;). Now to decide what type of fletching. does straight, right, or left helical make a difference ? 3 or 4 fletch, cut an inch, or leave them @ 32". So many decisions. One thing I have to do is straighten a few of them out. Click on the link & have a look see, I value ya'lls opinion !! ::)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110450049393&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

the fabber39 ;D

Offline woodstick

Re: I WON'EM !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:13:37 pm »
15 bucks you got a deal,
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:31:15 am »
Nerw,  you  got  a  steal:)
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 02:24:18 am »
Gee...the staining job is worth more than that!
Congrats!
Frank from Germany...

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 03:16:29 am »
Now to decide what type of fletching. does straight, right, or left helical make a difference ? 3 or 4 fletch, cut an inch, or leave them @ 32". So many decisions.
the fabber39 ;D

On Port Orford Cedar Shafts I always use a Straight Fletch with a 2 degree Offset...I use Natural Turkey Fletches in my EZ Fletcher with Super Glue too! My Opinion...I would use Hot Melt Glue....Leave the Shafts Full Length...and mount a few Point on a few Arrows....Shoot them and see how they fly and group....of they are Under Spined...shorten them...and try again....and do so till they fly good and group good also.....JMO
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

rockhound34

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 10:01:34 pm »
I sure hope thier staight for you. I won some shafts a few months back,when I recieved them they were crooked.Poc shafts are hard to straighten an easy to break.