Author Topic: thanks for advice  (Read 2368 times)

Offline warhawk

thanks for advice
« on: November 07, 2009, 04:46:47 pm »
I what to thank the persons who gave me advice on how to thin my preforms and have added some pictures the three picture is a little blurred it is the large perdenale. These are some of the preforms i have made plus there is a spider web novaculite serrated in the middle.

[attachment deleted by admin]
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline Cromm

Re: thanks for advice
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 06:28:46 pm »
Nice work.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 08:47:21 pm »
Thats the way to keep after it. It is only rock and the more you bust the more you learn. Good work
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 03:24:16 pm »
  Lookin good there Hawk ;D
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline warhawk

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 07:39:52 pm »
thanks to all that resond to the pictures, i like advice and i need knowledge to become a better knapper.
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 08:36:26 pm »
Looking good warhawk! those larger size bifaces are a must for blades and such. Or if ya keep refining them down, they make some very nice points.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.